Skill costs patition?

Options
scoobydoom
scoobydoom Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Suggestion Box
I've been playing for a while now. There's no doubt that money is hard to maintain on PWI. The costs of skills gets way to high. I haven't even been able to level my skills in about twenty levels because of it. It's ridiculous. Putting the skills aside it's still difficult to have money to buy things you need as in upgrading armor etc. I know some will disagree. But I don't have time for the ways you can make a lot of money. I'm sure the majority out there feel the same.
If something could be done about the money system. This game would be a lot more fun to me and I'm sure everyone else. So lets keep this thread alive and informative. And lets see where it goes.

Update: My main isn't the level 38. It's a level 52 cleric.
Post edited by scoobydoom on

Comments

• Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well, its PWI, what do you expect.

They want you to cash shop for your coins at early levels before you get to 90 then realize it wasn't worth it.
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I never cash shoped since i started to play PWI and I will never do it. Another solution is to farm, farm and again farm t'll you puke and get your gear / skills done.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    you think skill costs are bad now? wait until you hit your 79 skills.. ijs.. start saving now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    psss wait for sage/demonb:chuckle

OP: just because you can learn everything doesnt mean that you must learn everything.
    just like IRL you cant have 42 degrees
  • Seamen - Dreamweaver
    Seamen - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    scoobydoom wrote: »
    I've been playing for a while now. There's no doubt that money is hard to maintain on PWI. The costs of skills gets way to high. I haven't even been able to level my skills in about twenty levels because of it. It's ridiculous. Putting the skills aside it's still difficult to have money to buy things you need as in upgrading armor etc. I know some will disagree. But I don't have time for the ways you can make a lot of money. I'm sure the majority out there feel the same.
    If something could be done about the money system. This game would be a lot more fun to me and I'm sure everyone else. So lets keep this thread alive and informative. And lets see where it goes.

You must realize.. that every skill you pay for.. you probably will NOT ever use because you take more time to cast it, etc.. so it would be just better for you to just atk w ur weapon bc it would just do more damage without using any skills.. if that makes any sense. Also realize yes PWI is made to give money to them so u can get coin, however, when you are a lower level just try to save as much as u can and pick up every drop, and sell the useless stuff that u wont need. and dont teleport anywhere. Fly places.. I can go on and on, best advice really is... really read what skills you are possibly going to purchase and ask a higher level randomly, say hey I am (your class), what skills shud I buy and stay away from, what gear shud I wear, what weapon shud i have? And trust me.. they will tell you their point of view.. they always will help younger levels. I still do it till this day at lvl 99 >.> because you can never stop gaining new information because you will never know what valuable information other people will have. good luck!!
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *hits stuff with soulsphere*

i guess you know it's a mellee class, if so, nice advice seamen
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Money ain't hard to make.I made 5mil in about a month from nothing spent off 3~4m of it on skills and getting better gear and farmed another 2mil out in like a couple of weeks.
    Just use it wisely.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    According to the CoreC, he's 38lvl... Lol Guess bk to grinding for you :D Lvl only the useful skills.

There are also some guides on how to make money b:chuckle which I'm too lazy to find.
    & Don't lvl way too fast, once you hit 40, BH's will be available to you. It's fast lvling, but no $ earned, just teleport/wine fees.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Skill cost is a coin sink and needed. No change is necessary here.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For lower levels, the Tideborn and Treasure Chest quest chains give plenty of coins to upgrade your skills.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • scoobydoom
    edited October 2010
    Options
    According to the CoreC, he's 38lvl... Lol Guess bk to grinding for you :D Lvl only the useful skills.

There are also some guides on how to make money b:chuckle which I'm too lazy to find.
    & Don't lvl way too fast, once you hit 40, BH's will be available to you. It's fast lvling, but no $ earned, just teleport/wine fees.
    That lvl 38 is my psy. I don't use that anymore. My main is a level 52 cleric.
  • scoobydoom
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I never cash shoped since i started to play PWI and I will never do it. Another solution is to farm, farm and again farm t'll you puke and get your gear / skills done.

Farming is one of the things I was saying I don't have time for lol.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    scoobydoom wrote: »
    Farming is one of the things I was saying I don't have time for lol.

then you either compensate with cash shopping or stay quiet.

Because if you don't, then you're just asking for them to give you what you obviously don't deserve.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.