Comments

• Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    defense = blademaster
    dodge rate = archer
    damage class = archer

nothing beats archer's barrage of arrows skill in terms of AOE damage. they also have a magic aoe, and one that reduces enemy max hp by 16%. theyre masters of evasion.

blademaster has 5 different aoes of ok damage they can cycle through, they also have one that increases the damage enemies take by 100%. they are masters of defense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    defense = blademaster
    I've never been a BM, so forgive me if I'm way off here, but does an AOE BM really have better defense than an AOE Barb?

When my gf and I are out AOE grinding, I go around and pull everything in sight, whack them with Sunder/Surf Impact, and repeat. I know I'm not doing as much damage as an AOE BM, but I'd be surprised to hear the BM is a better defensive AOE class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • tjbzs
    tjbzs Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    aha thanks ill be archer then ^^ b:victory
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol axe BMs are probably the best aoe class not archers. I mean yea archers have barrage but they can't even move while using it so it just sits in one area and bm has many aoe attacks plus an aoe stun. I don't see how BM would be defense aoe when there are clearly pure dd just like archer lol

I'd rather aoe with a Bm than an archer anyday
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Psychics anyone? b:dirty
    Aoe stun, freeze, bleed, plus white voodoo to make up for the squishiness.
    Also I do believe Barrage of Arrows cancels channeling when the target is dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

That, and it also cancels when you run out of mana.
    BOA Sucks mana from you while it channels, so if you are going to be an archer, I would recommend getting a mana charm, or a tonne of potions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    blademaster has 5 different aoes

Blademasters have 13 aoes.

3 of which are linear
    7 are radial
    1 is fan shaped
    1 is radial around the target.
    1 is an aoe stun

I highly recommend a bm for the aoe addict.

I've never been a BM, so forgive me if I'm way off here, but does an AOE BM really have better defense than an AOE Barb?

When my gf and I are out AOE grinding, I go around and pull everything in sight, whack them with Sunder/Surf Impact, and repeat. I know I'm not doing as much damage as an AOE BM, but I'd be surprised to hear the BM is a better defensive AOE class.

It actually depends, a bm usually aoes on physical mobs meaning chances are if they had half a brain they would use physical sutra (marrow) which gives them a great phys def boost possibly even more than a barb. However if one is aoe-ing a bunch of mage mobs chances are barb wins.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I would agree with BM but what about a Cleric that AoE wood mobs.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Psychics anyone? b:dirty
    Aoe stun, freeze, bleed, plus white voodoo to make up for the squishiness.

Ikr? Where's the love?! b:sad

As far as magic classes go, Psychics are magical AoE nukes. Played correctly, we're more dangerous than some of our other magical relations. (Wizard, Venomancer, Cleric).

It's true, we have fewer than the Blademaster. (We have six: Aqua Impact, Glacial Shards, Sandburst Blast, Earth Vector, Crystal Light, and the one at level 100...I think.)
    But ours come with status effects.

Aqua Impact- Slow
    Glacial Shards- Freeze
    Sandburst Blast- Blind
    Earth Vector- Stun <--This one is my favorite, despite sparkcost.
    Crystal Light- ? <--Haven't gotten yet. 79 skill
    The one @ 100: <-- >.> Ask Hypnos about this one. I have no idea.

Ijs, if you want PHYSICAL AoE nuke, you do Blademaster. If you want MAGICAL AoE nuke, you roll a Psychic.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    but what about a Cleric that AoE wood mobs.

Yeah, clerics are a very underestimated class when it comes to AoEing.

We're not even half as fast as a BM, but with our healing capabilities we can take on a hell of a lot more.

But actions speak louder than words I guess, so here's some proof.

That was long before jones blessings and all that **** (it's about a month after the release of the tideborn if I remember correctly) and those mobs were 3 levels above me.

A bonus we have aswell is that all drops are almost pure profit. We don't have any repair costs except our weapon (1k for an hour at the very most) since poison doesn't damage your armor. You barely need potions either.

It's rather mob specific though, since we can't really AoE on mobs other than poison types.
    BM's on the other hand can AoE just about any mob effectively, given that they don't use ranged attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ellantria - Heavens Tear
    Ellantria - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

As far as magic classes go, Psychics are magical AoE nukes. Played correctly, we're more dangerous than some of our other magical relations. (Wizard, Venomancer, Cleric).

It's true, we have fewer than the Blademaster. (We have six: Aqua Cannon, Glacial Shards, Sandburst Blast, Earth Vector, Crystal Light, and the one at level 100...I think.)

Aqua Cannon- Slow
    Glacial Shards- Freeze
    Sandburst Blast- Blind

Ijs, if you want PHYSICAL AoE nuke, you do Blademaster. If you want MAGICAL AoE nuke, you roll a Psychic.

Fixed.

And you missed one.. It's Aqua Cannon, Glacial Shards, Sandburst Blast, Earth Vector, Red Tide, Stone Smasher and Crystal Light.

Aqua Cannon is alright, but it's got a suicide range. Only way it is useful in AoEing is if you use an immunity skill first to not die before the three seconds to cast pass.

Glacial Shards is nice, though the proc is a little on the low side.

Sandburst Blast is something I would only use between stuns/immobilizes.

Vector is awesome, even with just an 85% chance to stun.

Red Tide is the biggest waste of two sparks a psychic has, in my opinion. You could use those two sparks on Tide Spirit, Stone Smasher, Psychic Will or Vector, or double spark/two single sparks. But if you were AoEing some fire mobs and needed just a smidge of extra damage to kill them while Crystal Light and Glacial Shards are on cool, then sure.

Crystal Light is a great spell. It'd be better if it was an area AoE, rather than a linear one. But, it's fine as is. I love the guaranteed slow.

Stone Smasher I don't have yet, but from the description, it's basically like an AoE Ribstrike with tremendous damage and channel time and a much weaker attack speed debuff.
    ┐('~`;)┌
  • tjbzs
    edited October 2010
    Options
    haha ill go GM so many for it ^^ now the question what sever has the most fun :P and can i get a plevel off any one lol ^^b:thanks
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah, clerics are a very underestimated class when it comes to AoEing.

We're not even half as fast as a BM, but with our healing capabilities we can take on a hell of a lot more.

But actions speak louder than words I guess, so here's some proof.

That was long before jones blessings and all that **** (it's about a month after the release of the tideborn if I remember correctly) and those mobs were 3 levels above me.

A bonus we have aswell is that all drops are almost pure profit. We don't have any repair costs except our weapon (1k for an hour at the very most) since poison doesn't damage your armor. You barely need potions either.

It's rather mob specific though, since we can't really AoE on mobs other than poison types.
    BM's on the other hand can AoE just about any mob effectively, given that they don't use ranged attacks.
    Nice you were even double sparked not triple I am only a few more away.I gather that is near East Barrier Village.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Nice you were even double sparked not triple I am only a few more away.I gather that is near East Barrier Village.

Yeah, just north of the final WQ destination to be exact.

Triple sparks don't matter that much to me though. I only use it for purifying cause sparking is rather risky (you don't want to be out of chi when you have a 2k poison tick on you b:embarrass )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Since when archer have a magical AoE b:puzzled

And for the bm part 13 aoe skill but they can t use all of them properly coz of different build ijs , but still i think they are the best to AoE coz of high def/vit.

Archer! Forget it.

Psy have a lot of AoE skills but they are squishy so you can t handle a lot of mobs without being sure they ll drop dead in a short time.

Cleric no problem for wood mobs it s awesome or other squishy mobs but not for physical mobs for sure.

And plz don t talk about lvl 100 skills lol , it s very expensive to get and they are end game skills, soooo most of the game you ll not have them...
  • tjbzs
    edited October 2010
    Options
    good build for AOE BM plz?
    id like to take on heaps
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tjbzs wrote: »
    good build for AOE BM plz?
    id like to take on heaps

Oh boy that's a nice link, I sure wish I could click it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options

It's so pretty and bloo! * o*

I must click it!

*clicks*

D: Aww, I don't like the Blademaster forums.
    ┐('~`;)┌
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Since when archer have a magical AoE b:puzzled
    Thunderous Blast.
    And for the bm part 13 aoe skill but they can t use all of them properly coz of different build ijs
    3 str 2 dex, hotkey weaps and swap depending on the skill you want to use like all good multipath BMs do. At higher levels you can use the +stat from your gear to lower your str/dex to minimum needed for weaps and restat the extra points in vit. At mid-levels shards and refines + phys marrow will keep you fairly safe without having to worry much.
    Archer! Forget it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0UfOHnFDOs
    Psy have a lot of AoE skills but they are squishy so you can t handle a lot of mobs without being sure they ll drop dead in a short time.
    White voodoo + caster mobs + a charm or foods. You won't get the sheer volume of mobs a BM, barb, or cleric on poison mobs can get but you can get the job done.

And plz don t talk about lvl 100 skills lol , it s very expensive to get and they are end game skills, soooo most of the game you ll not have them...
    Endgame is still a part of the game and thus, part of a valid discussion. Plus with all the hypes and tokens of best luck, it's not really that difficult to get them compared to how things used to be. They're still hard to get, mind you, but it's not much of a valid discussion or argument to say we should exclude part of the class' potential skill set just because of the level you'd need to be to get them.
  • KittyTaco - Lost City
    KittyTaco - Lost City Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

It's true, we have fewer than the Blademaster. (We have six: Aqua Impact, Glacial Shards, Sandburst Blast, Earth Vector, Crystal Light, and the one at level 100...I think.)

Aqua Impact- Slow
    Glacial Shards- Freeze
    Sandburst Blast- Blind

I'd say mages are the magical aoe nukers, while psychics are the magical aoe dpsers :P
    we can spam aoes so much than they're zhen like :O
    while mages have all their pretty 2 spark aoes that oneshot or nearly oneshot everything b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yah dude, I always hear that Blademasters has more AoE attacks than anyone in game so you should be a Blademaster. But if you wanna do magic AoE damage, then go Psychic, thei're more fun than wizzards, at least in my opinion, couldn't tell you why but I tried both psychic and wizzard before, and for some reason I got bored of wizzard, what never happened with psychic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    tjbzs wrote: »
    i love being a AoE in any game lol

so i was wondering whats the best AoE in this like :
    most defence class?
    most dodge rate class?
    most damage class?
    (only for AoE please ^)

b:victory thanks heaps
    For defense, BM.. marrows help significantly.
    Dodge rate, archer.
    For AOE dmg, psychic, or wizard, depending on what type of AOE dmg you prefer to be doing (constant target+casting versus sitting still in dragons breath).. and from my experience in AOE instances.. Archer 3rd, BM 4th, Sin 5th, Veno 6th, Cleric 7th, Barb 8th

Even though AOE's are fun without a doubt, I would certainly not base your class solely on AOE. Try actually playing them in different scenarios.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Depends on what you're looking for. Personally though, I'd argue BM or Psy as the best candidates, since they can literally spam AOE skills nonstop. I'll go ahead and just list some good candidates though and what advantages they have.

BM: AOE stun, AOEs to reduce enemy defense/increase damage taken by enemies/decrease enemy attack, enough AOE skills to keep AOEing constantly

Wizard: Some of the hardest hitting AOEs in the game, a constant damage AOE spell for one spark, slow casting and their best AOEs all require two sparks though.

Archer: Another constant AOE spell, though this one costs two sparks. Other than that, nothing special really

Barb: Enough AOEs to attack constantly, an AOE to recover health, plenty of ailments on every skill, though the AOE skills aren't exactly high-end damage. Also has what's, in many cases, the hardest hitting AOE in the game, but requires the barb to sacrifice two sparks and half his HP

Psy: AOE stun for one spark, enough AOEs to AOE constantly, a physical resistance spell, an ailment on EVERY AOE, most likely the fastest damage per second as far as AOEing goes. They are incredibly squishy, but trust me, between the stun and the physical damage immunity, you'll kill the mobs before they kill you.

Again, main reason I'd go for a BM or Psy is cause they have enough to AOE constantly and also high enough damage so that it doesn't take forever. I also think AOEing with them would be more interesting than hitting your constant AOE on an Archer or Wizard and going AFK.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And for the bm part 13 aoe skill but they can t use all of them properly coz of different build ijs

What the... Even the weapon specific builds have room for modification, sure you might not be able to use some weaps your lvl but it certainly doesnt prevent you from gearing yourself properly. In fact end game you hardly see any bms who cant use all paths.
    at 9x my bm was using
    FCC gold fists +3 (for the chi and began getting into -int before i retired)
    89 (i think maybe lower) mold sword (no refinements only had it because it was cheap and i lurve MSS)
    HH90 Gold spear +4 (originally a pole bm)
    and a pair of old calamitys +5 (since i didnt have enough str for even 8x axes they substituted very well, especially since i only skill spammed with axes)

Needless to say i used every aoe, i could between cooldowns.

And i have to agree psys are a wonderful aoe class, i have yet to see any of their 79-100 skills but they do sound orgasmic through the descriptions. b:dirty
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    And i have to agree psys are a wonderful aoe class, i have yet to see any of their 79-100 skills but they do sound orgasmic through the descriptions. b:dirty

*points to Longknife*
    He hit me with one once. b:cry You ruptured my spleen you jerk.
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Longknife can you please make me a compilation of psy 79-100 skills?
    Born_Free you can be the targeted person in the vid to demonstrate their awesomeness. b:cute
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Crystal Light isn't anything to write home about. Just a bunch of icy spikes flying along the ground towards your opponent....

Sandball Clash and Stone Smasher I have no idea. > >

*powerlevels to 100 to see what they look like*
    ┐('~`;)┌
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I've actually seen the ice linear aoe psys have, and i think it's pretty sweet looking
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options

*powerlevels to 100 to see what they look like*
    b:surrender Take me with you.....
  • Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear
    Kai_Umi - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For the vid, she s lvl 101 >.> probably hax gear too and even if not i m pretty sure you can get a vid of every class doing some nice aoe. And seriously at this lvl you don t grind on mobs anyway, you either pvp / help ppl or make another char...

And so everyone know white voodoo = -99 atk lvl = you just stand there and tank the hit