Congrats Calamity

Escorian - Dreamweaver
Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Tideswell (East)
Congrats Calamity on Taking over the full Dreamweaver Server.

I am Glad to be a part of this.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2010-10-1017-08-45.jpg

b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
Post edited by Escorian - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    hurray ego thread, hurray, cash shoppers, hurrayyyyy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Woot!

Calamity Epic Spark

CalaEpicSpark.jpg
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Congrats Calamity. I look forward to the next few weeks in the TW scene. May the core members really appreciate this accomplishment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teeki - Dreamweaver
    Teeki - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Congratulations Calamity, we finally did it! Now to keep it b:victory. I'm proud of you all, and proud to call myself a Calamian Crab.
    Remember, some people are alive only because it is illegal to shoot them.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5635101001&dateline=1240242729[/SIGPIC]
    Perfect World International, customer dissatisfaction is guarenteed.
  • Foxyline - Dreamweaver
    Foxyline - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I actually wrote a wall-o-text yesterday in case we would take the map, cause I got so sentimental when I logged on seeing that there is just one territory left.
    I will post my text on the Cala forums, cause I don't wanna make it too long here!
    I just want to say this:
    http://rlv.zcache.com/i_love_crab_heart_t_shirt_postcard-p239832827553966856td81_210.jpg

b:dirty
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    A never before seen picture of Escorian not clad in green...

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2010-10-1016-33-36.jpg

He went back to all green after that. The red hair suited him too!!

Anyways, thought I would throw that random picture out there. Grats, crabbies. I'm glad to be part of this. Glad my schedule allowed it!! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Alias - Dreamweaver
    Alias - Dreamweaver Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    As big an achievement as it is and as hard as you all worked towards it.. What place are we in serever maps getting taken over? O.o

Id just like to point out that
    Congrats Calamity on Taking over the full Dreamweaver Server.

Is incorrect :3
    The TW map is only a part of dreamweave not the whole thing b:bye

Id like to see you guys try to take over the server pkwise though....twould be fun b:dirty
    Whats happening right now at OT like the TW map is not the pk scene of DW >.> *cough*GANKHORES!*cough*
    Anywhos know im just being nitpicky but whats a huge accomplishment without people trying to burst your bubble b:cute

Anyways have fun with your std spreading celebrations and whatnot ^^
    *Turns on flamesheild* >.>

Yeh...I know your out there people who shall not be named...I KNOW!
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    A never before seen picture of Escorian not clad in green...

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr223/Escorian/2010-10-1016-33-36.jpg

He went back to all green after that. The red hair suited him too!!

Anyways, thought I would throw that random picture out there. Grats, crabbies. I'm glad to be part of this. Glad my schedule allowed it!! b:laugh

So much red fashion....

b:faint

PS: Congratulations by the way b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    hurray ego thread, hurray, cash shoppers, hurrayyyyy

sorry, Calamity only has a handful of cash shoppers. Our rival faction has more cash shoppers than we do. About 80% of our core TW members have +4-+7 weapons and gear.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    grats cala, we did it :D has been my goal ever since I joined back in april 2009 ;p

finallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

here's some fun ss when we were waiting before tw

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/829/20101010182701.png

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/5916/20101010185456.png

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6454/20101010185632.png
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I CARRIED A CATA b:victoryb:victory LOVE U BB

i wanna thank everyone in calamity weather he was 2 days old or 2 years old u helped shape calamity as beautifull as it is now also ppl who r no longer with us that shapped us but most of all to seraphim for creating wonderfull family that it is now i am sad u never saw it happen and for BB for filling the tough shoes of seraphim and for everyone in calamity or not who helped it ;)

and most of all too to eq dynasty immortal tempest armagadon vanquish without u all there owuldnt be calamity tyvm for all the hard tws

and pfft alias soooo pk is actually what u c now its called pk wars THATS REALL PKING all the 1 vs 1 **** is not reall pking look at pvp servers and u will know b:thanks ty bodine for making that WC made us all go pk ppl i never before saw pking pkd today and goonz and angela foor killing every calamity who goes outside of SZ we maybe cant afford full+10 gears or +12 warsoul wep but we have something more powerfull called FAMILY WEP lol

AND GRATZ CALAMITY WOOOOOOOOOTTTTT b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Winsfield - Dreamweaver
    Winsfield - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    YEEAAAHHHH REDb:dirty
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Been in Cala since 14th march 2009. I'm happy we finally took over the whole map, as its been the goal for the last like 18 months.

b:victory

Sadly Seraphim couldnt been on to see, had to go gym :(
    Woulda been nice if he coulda been there, to see what he started.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Ameila - Dreamweaver
    Ameila - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    YAY GO CALA! yall are awesome people, im glad to be appart of this group and to have met such amazing people :D
  • Seraphim - Dreamweaver
    Seraphim - Dreamweaver Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well done guys, well done.
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    FINALLY we made after so long ,we achieved our goal , i'm so proud of y'all <3 CALAMITY !!

It was a fun trip , thanks to everyone - haters and lovers - , every week has been a big chalange for us b:victoryb:victory

<3 red crab army !
  • Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    oo I forgot this picture!

Go Calamity Clerics!

Red Bubble POWER

CalaRedBubbleFest.jpg
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
  • stefanjama
    stefanjama Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    sorry, Calamity only has a handful of cash shoppers. Our rival faction has more cash shoppers than we do. About 80% of our core TW members have +4-+7 weapons and gear.

this made me LOL -whatever makes you happy b:bye

btw graz to cala :3
  • Kardie - Dreamweaver
    Kardie - Dreamweaver Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Time to pull a Conqueror?
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm gonna go straight to the point, sadly, it's still gonna be a long thread because of all the names involved in this thank you note.

I'd like to thank Seraphim and SkyFi, the ones that interviewed me and asked me just 1 thing after I was approved: "We want to see you learn this game and make squads for everything". It was my first time playing PWI... it's been 16 months since then.

Dunno, ProGrinder, Qultor, Zeldor, Heartstone(Heartz), ReginCute, Amarah, oQ_Qo, CHILI, Grox, Steukbarb, swordman, TieuLongNu, SkyFi, Ferlona... You guys were an inspiration to level fast and to be as succesful as you were in TW.

lvo, Einlanzer, Adurna, Kaz, Kasumi, Renovatio, Auka, Volf, Triton, Tyranny, Aurawyn, Badger, violent, Mathew, Vahala, wonderwoman, Symphic, Mischa, Destini, Zaviere, Escorian, Eris, Nigelus, _Zaideja_, Ibiza, gweeny, Nathanius, Apocalypto, Shadowfire, RequiemMoon, ZetsumieXI and all of the Calamity members that are or once were.. you are too many to mention... without you, I wouldn't be where I am right now.

_Trixy_, Argon_J, Mandey, Zek, Throck, Carni, Elendria, Binky, aadore, Marylin, Zippy, Wil and the rest of the officers that are or once were. I have never made your job easy, nor will I ever do... We both have the best interest of this community in our eyes. I'm sorry for every time we may have butted heads or just showed any of you a disrespectful attitude, I'm sure some of you feel like it, but my motives in the end always aimed to achieve in my eyes what the faction needed to change. In the end, I am proud of your work with and to be under your command.

To my friends outside Calamity: shunpo, Henaro, isilien, _Raszagal_, Viscosity, TsukikoAi, Faerii, duchess. And to the ones that left in good terms or quit: SammieWolf, TiagoJRL... I wish you'd come and share this feelings with us. What we achieved through pixels was just that, pixels. What we shared with the 100+ people logged in today in 1 vent channel. That's what defines Calamity as Calamity.

To my rivals: Chezedude, Illyana, Ajay, Aujami, TEMPL/\R, Fizban, flow, HH, Madison in Equinox. SmexyGal, Priscila, Raiden_ in Dynasty. Tempest... Thank you. I can only bash so much on the forums and run my mouth in world chat. But I do hold big respect for this factions and those particular players or/and leaders. Calamity is what it is now because of what you are, for good or worse... Zero, Bodine, MrLucky, Magy, DrAgOOnZ, Aubree, LunarLight and many others Thanks! and best of luck to Madison on taking over leadership of Equinox to Paco in Tempest and to Wacky in Dynasty. The road is long and a hard one, but its one you remember fondly.

So many people left out... But in the end, I think that you know who you are and how you influenced me and Calamity, to be the best we can be. Thanks Dreamweaver for this.

To Seraphim. I'll never forget "I'm a barbie girl" and "La Macarena" before 3 way ganks. You had that ability to take the whole weight of Calamity problems and hate over your shoulders and make it look as it was nothing. I will always remember the day when someone said in vent. "There's no way we can win vs Equinox, Immortal and Armagedon" and you asked him to log off vent and then layered out for the rest of us the "simple" plan that made us win that weekend.

To Lightaine. You are by far one of the brigthest TW minds I had the pleasure to learn of. And I learned from many. You probably don't know how many possitive things I picked up from you when it came to squad making and movement. I always admired the heart you put to defend the ones inside your faction. Maybe back then I didn't share your way of defending... today I understand it completely.

To both of you. Shame that you didn't want to continue taking part of this. I can understand your reasons, both, but I also had those reasons at some point, like many others. And we put them aside and carried on with the map.

To BaldwinBoy. It's an honor to work with you every week. People oftend tends to compare, but comparissons are disgusting. You are not like Sera, not like Light. You stayed here through tick and thin. You were the glue that kept us together when everything was going to hell and everyone was jumping ship. You are those words that always make us feel better even through a TW loss, a PK problem, faction drama. Thank you.

Last but not least to the Academy, my family, and of course. The fans b:laugh

/Ego Trip

It's been a pleasure Dreamweaver, See you around.

My memories of today
    http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/5544/20101010182050.jpg
    TW prep and fireworks (efficiently spent 50 silver in fireworks o_o)
    http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7020/20101010184915.jpg
    First try of the spark picture
    http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4133/20101010185700.jpg
    Second try.
    http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5654/20101010221603.jpg
    Fireworks in Archo
    http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5450/crabscrossing.jpg
    My new Calamity forum Avatar
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Flyingkea - Dreamweaver
    Flyingkea - Dreamweaver Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well congratz to you from some of us Tempestians, you guys worked hard to take over the map, we certainly didnt stand a chance against your determination today.
  • CaenisSnow - Dreamweaver
    CaenisSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well, um, gratz Cala, I guess... But my question is, what happens now? Frankly TW got alot less fun as the map changed to red and it became more evident that Cala was gonna take over. I was really enjoying at least the hope of some color change on there before. So, what is gonna happen now? The TW's have been fewer recently as the rest of us kinda lost hope and interest since it became obvious we would never win.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Congratulations are in order and I hope you enjoyed your victory.

b:victory
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well, um, gratz Cala, I guess... But my question is, what happens now? Frankly TW got alot less fun as the map changed to red and it became more evident that Cala was gonna take over. I was really enjoying at least the hope of some color change on there before. So, what is gonna happen now? The TW's have been fewer recently as the rest of us kinda lost hope and interest since it became obvious we would never win.

What I hope we do is to just give up the whole map, and try to capture all the lands again, but with these new tw rules, I think we'll get banned if we did so. So I don't know what we're going to do.
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
    edited October 2010
    What I hope we do is to just give up the whole map, and try to capture all the lands again, but with these new tw rules, I think we'll get banned if we did so. So I don't know what we're going to do.

Not really sure how it works but maybe if you hold it all for another week or so you could petition to GMS to reset the map?
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010

It's not as easy as it looks to defend against Dynasty, Tempest and Equinox. They will get to a point where they will start taking lands from us when they put their game together.

Through server history, Equinox power struggle comes to an end when they rebuild, get refreshed, they come back very strong and hit like a brick. They did it to us when the map could've been red before TB expansion. They did it again in March-June this year. I hope Madison can bring that refreshing community breeze that Equinox needs and come back as strong as they were when JaY, Wolfgang and Illyana were in charge.

What I'd like to see is small TW factions having fun in lands that hold no tactical weight, mainly 3 regions:
    Buried Bones, Deserted Sea, Vibrant Cliffs. Which share no borders with lvl 2 lands.
    Harshlands, Frozen path, Ancient Wall. Which surround 1K streams but can't attack 1k without a lvl 2 land.
    Misfortune, Fragrant hills, Hidden Orchid, The Great Lake, Wellspring Surge Which surround Archosaur and means the same as 1K streams

While Equinox, Tempest and Dynasty commit to continue to attack ONLY Calamity. That's a kind of map I'd love to see if GMs would allow it and Calamity, Equinox, Tempest and Dynasty could agree to it.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
    edited October 2010
    It's not as easy as it looks to defend against Dynasty, Tempest and Equinox. They will get to a point where they will start taking lands from us when they put their game together.

What I'd like to see is small TW factions having fun in lands that hold no tactical weight, mainly 3 regions:
    Buried Bones, Deserted Sea, Vibrant Cliffs. Which share no borders with lvl 2 lands.
    Harshlands, Frozen path, Ancient Wall. Which surround 1K streams but can't attack 1k without a lvl 2 land.
    Misfortune, Fragrant hills, Hidden Orchid, The Great Lake, Wellspring Surge Which surround Archosaur and means the same as 1K streams

While Equinox, Tempest and Dynasty commit to continue to attack ONLY Calamity. That's a kind of map I'd love to see if GMs would allow it and Calamity, Equinox, Tempest and Dynasty could agree to it.

Not sure if we'd be happy attacking only Calamity, as we want land too, and we enjoy long TWs too. Its been a leetle short lately tho b:sad Also if those areas were given to "lesser" factions whats to stop another faction powerhousing through there. And alot of drama queens would cry foul at being left only the "crumbs" of the TWing map.
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Exactly my point. Damned if you do damned if you don't. Might as well just keep defending the lands until they are taken rightfully, wont you agree?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Exactly my point. Damned if you do damned if you don't. Might as well just keep defending the lands until they are taken rightfully, wont you agree?

First off, let me say congrats on obtaining that ever elusive goal of making the whole map one color. While it can't compare to 'uniting the lands under one rule, in real life, for peace.' It is still an amazing accomplishment.

I am sure a huge burden has been lifted up off of the shoulders of all the players who had strong enough will to stick through to see your goal come to fruition. While I don't really want to comment on what you all should do with the map now that you do have control over all the lands, I will say one thing before I do go.

I do wonder if calamity can hold together now that they achieved their goal, I am thinking more long terms instead of immediate, what will happen if no one does rise up, or factions completely stop attacking calamity? I can see a lot of people in calamity getting bored, eventually, and leave sooner or later. You will never be able to reach the same 'high' from the first time of completing this goal, sure there may be times where something comes close, but I really don't see that happening anytime soon.

EDIT: Also please note I never wanted calamity to just give up the lands, or completely disband, I would much rather see a faction rise up and start taking lands from calamity.

Either way whatever calamity decides to do is completely up to the whole faction, even if the officers want you all to continue to defend, it really is up to those who show up each weekend to continue to do just that, and never lose that 'fun' factor that keeps them coming back. We are indeed at the mercy of calamity for the time being.

Again congrats on painting the map red, and good luck in whatever your future goals might be.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
This discussion has been closed.