October Calendar Contest!

Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
See original News Post here!

Submissions for this contest will be accepted until Tuesday October 19th at 6:00pm PDT!

Calling all artists, screen shot takers, and image editors!

Halloween will be upon us in less than a month, and to celebrate the occasion, we're having a good ol' fashioned Calendar Contest!

What does October mean to you? Is it the changing of the leaves? A cool autumn breeze on the back of your neck? Smashed jack-o-lanterns on your porch? Or perhaps something spookier...

Well now's your chance to show your artistic skills and display your work on thousands of peoples' computer screens!

The Plan:

Design an October-themed calendar for a chance to win a great prize for your character:

5 Winners will be chosen, and each will receive a Tidal Serpent mount on the PWI character of his or her choice!

Once you've finished your design, simply go to the PWI Fan Content page, and upload it to the Fan Art category!

The Rules:

Designs must be submitted at the PWI Fan Content page by October 19th at 6:00PM PDT (don't forget to select "Fan Art" when submitting!)

Designs can be drawn or modified with image-editing software.

Designs cannot use any copyrighted materials outside of what can be found in Perfect World International.

Designs must incorporate a calendar grid for the month of October, along with the PWI logo and/or the URL of our website.

Plagiarism or design theft will result in immediate disqualification and a possible DQ from future events.

Players can submit as many entries as they wish.

And finally, here are a few previous submissions, so that you can get an idea of what we're looking for:

Former Submission #1

Former Submission #2

Former Submission #3

Good luck, all! b:thanks
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *FIRST!!!!!*

Is it legal to hire a pro to do it? oo
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Cool fan contests. :o
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Flyingkea - Dreamweaver
    Flyingkea - Dreamweaver Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    October theme hmmmmmm.... Ok October for means quite the opposite of whats stated above. The flowers have started blooming, the days are getting longer and warmer and spring is on its way. So when you say October themed, do you want only what pertains to the Northern Hemisphere (Autumn), or can us Southerners put our own spin on it (Spring)?
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Let's just make sure that stolen work doesn't get chosen to win the contest this go around. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I'm so glad to see this return. Even though I've never entered because my Photoshop skills aren't that great... :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Let's just make sure that stolen work doesn't get chosen to win the contest this go around. b:surrender

^This.

I remember someone using a water Pokemon in their summer calendar once... thank god that was never chosen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaieza - Heavens Tear
    Kaieza - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Can anyone help me out as to why it wont let me upload my 90kb jpg file into the Fan Art section for my Calendar contest entry? I keep getting an error saying that the upload has failed and to try again....b:surrender

Or if there is any other way to submit it, I noticed some others are having the same issue as me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zerosen - Lost City
    Zerosen - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Can anyone help me out as to why it wont let me upload my 90kb jpg file into the Fan Art section for my Calendar contest entry? I keep getting an error saying that the upload has failed and to try again....b:surrender

Or if there is any other way to submit it, I noticed some others are having the same issue as me.

Try different browser, worked for me, used Chrome instead Opera, I love Opera but for some sites it's just a pain in the butt. So to upload I had to try something else.

Anyway if someone still needs logo, I found it in some old thread on forums but forgot which one now so I'll just post it here, use it people cause I already saw some works without rendered logo and it doesn't look pretty XD

pwtransp.png

Credit goes to the GM that uploaded it somewhere on this forum, forgot where ._.

Btw, it's been over 48h since I uploaded my calendar attempt and it still didn't show XD so goodluck guys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No matter where I am I'll always be a part of Conqueror, thank you all for the memories and for this awesome adventureb:thanks
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ^This.

I remember someone using a water Pokemon in their summer calendar once... thank god that was never chosen.

:o *throws a pokeball at Maiya*

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EviLBarbieRO - Lost City
    EviLBarbieRO - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i had upload 2 designs but nothing until now, they are not accepted b:angry or the staff is 2 busy and will be posted later b:shocked
  • Kaieza - Heavens Tear
    Kaieza - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Try different browser, worked for me, used Chrome instead Opera, I love Opera but for some sites it's just a pain in the butt. So to upload I had to try something else.

Anyway if someone still needs logo, I found it in some old thread on forums but forgot which one now so I'll just post it here, use it people cause I already saw some works without rendered logo and it doesn't look pretty XD

pwtransp.png

Credit goes to the GM that uploaded it somewhere on this forum, forgot where ._.

Btw, it's been over 48h since I uploaded my calendar attempt and it still didn't show XD so goodluck guys!

Tried several different browsers as you suggested including Chrome and still giving me error codes, dunno why. They should bring back the email entry and include it along with the self uploading entry because this is really starting to annoy me =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anthem - Lost City
    Anthem - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hmm, will have to give October a miss as I don't have my PC w/ photoshop atm. Hopefully I'll be able to make November submissions, if there is one. Good luck everyone!

b:victory
    Soho,
  • frankieraye
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i had upload 2 designs but nothing until now, they are not accepted b:angry or the staff is 2 busy and will be posted later b:shocked

Yeah, the submissions have to be manually audited by staff, so please be patient as we go through them (I'm actually going through them as we speak) ;)
  • Loupu - Harshlands
    Loupu - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    it says that they will "check" it in 48 hours.i uploaded 3 times my calendar and waited many days?whats wrong? can someone tell me?
  • SaritaV - Raging Tide
    SaritaV - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    It's been 72 hours or more since I uploaded my picture...but I guess that you guys probably have a lot of stuff to go through...so I'll just try to be patient :P
  • Lirie - Harshlands
    Lirie - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:thanks Aww Frankie i just love your art contests :D b:thanks I hope this one be a success x3 cant wait to see the art works
    edited October 2010
    Options
    1 week and my calendars ar not posted b:angry and only 5 days left
  • SaritaV - Raging Tide
    SaritaV - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    1 week and my calendars ar not posted b:angry and only 5 days left

Same here...1 week and 1 day...:( I really wanted it posted...
  • Jayness - Lost City
    Jayness - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Seriously, this stopped being funny, this is beyond good taste. Announcing contest, picking people attention, making them work, to then just take weeks to make their work appear, making them wonder if it went through, if there was any error or something, and not even giving out a single word to explain why it takes so long! How about justifying yourself? Explaining? Giving a heads up? Any piece of info at all! There are 2 days left till the end of submissions... Don't expect anyone to treat you seriously if you simply don't care about us players!! This is sickening, for sure last time I try to take a part in any event advised by PW staff. You should be ashamed.
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    on http://www.ecatomb.net/wallpaper.php check out this picture : http://www.ecatomb.net/wallpaper/anniversary.jpg

then go have a look at the calender posted by "kelvinxd" at the moment its the very first one on the first page

b:surrender
    why do art thieves have to **** it up for everyone else
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kipitei - Raging Tide
    Kipitei - Raging Tide Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Seriously, this stopped being funny, this is beyond good taste. Announcing contest, picking people attention, making them work, to then just take weeks to make their work appear, making them wonder if it went through, if there was any error or something, and not even giving out a single word to explain why it takes so long! How about justifying yourself? Explaining? Giving a heads up? Any piece of info at all! There are 2 days left till the end of submissions... Don't expect anyone to treat you seriously if you simply don't care about us players!! This is sickening, for sure last time I try to take a part in any event advised by PW staff. You should be ashamed.

As long as it has been submitted before the deadline it should be fine right? Its not our fault if it takes long for them to accept them. So I wouldn't worry. My pic isn't even finished yet, ohh well i have 1 day left XD

Of course if I get left out because they didn't manually accept my picture before deadline then I'm gonna be pissed >: |
    [SIGPIC]
    Perfect noob
  • SparkleLilly - Dreamweaver
    SparkleLilly - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i had put in 2 art work this week and havent seen either one of them posted. how much longer will it take. b:questionb:beg
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i had uploaded 2 calendars but no one appear until now and is the day of the contest, this was the first time and the last when i participate at a contest made by PWI.
  • Kipitei - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Uhh silly question, when at the Fan-Art tab, it asks me to choose where I want to submit, Screenshot, Wallpaper, Fanart, or Contest. Obviously I chose contest but then I read the rules again and realized it might have to be "Fan-Art"

So I tried to upload it to Fanart but it says "upload failed try again" : G

Anyone know if it is actually the "fanart" or "Contest" option where you are supposed to submit your work?
    [SIGPIC]
    Perfect noob
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Uhh silly question, when at the Fan-Art tab, it asks me to choose where I want to submit, Screenshot, Wallpaper, Fanart, or Contest. Obviously I chose contest but then I read the rules again and realized it might have to be "Fan-Art"

So I tried to upload it to Fanart but it says "upload failed try again" : G

Anyone know if it is actually the "fanart" or "Contest" option where you are supposed to submit your work?

submit to fan art but change the title there where u writhe in the boxes Fan Art title or something like that, will not accept 2 designed with the same name
  • Kipitei - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    will not accept 2 designed with the same name

Thank you!! You are a saving angel. It finally worked, would have been nice to know that when submitting before though >_> Like a reason why it told me "error error"
    [SIGPIC]
    Perfect noob
  • equinoxinferno
    equinoxinferno Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ppl im getting nervous >.< the new contest entries are up and mine isnt yet and I uploaded it a week ago v.v
  • frankieraye
    edited October 2010
    Options
    on http://www.ecatomb.net/wallpaper.php check out this picture : http://www.ecatomb.net/wallpaper/anniversary.jpg

then go have a look at the calender posted by "kelvinxd" at the moment its the very first one on the first page

b:surrender
    why do art thieves have to **** it up for everyone else

Thanks for bringing this up; that submission has been removed and the user disqualified.

Also, all submissions still in the running have been uploaded and can now be seen in the Fan Content section!

Don't forget, tomorrow is the deadline!
  • equinoxinferno
    equinoxinferno Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    omg nooooo v.v what did I do wrong... im sure I uploaded it v.v
  • frankieraye
    edited October 2010
    Options
    omg nooooo v.v what did I do wrong... im sure I uploaded it v.v

Being uploaded to the site is the first step in the contest process-- it's basically the first cut. If you're sure you uploaded your file correctly, and it's not showing up on Fan Content, then your submission didn't make it to the next round, but you should definitely try again next contest! Don't give up :)