Lvl 11 Stone Barrier

Options
/Groovy/ - Harshlands
/Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Wizard
A quick question to bring more life to wizard section: do you have your lvl 11 (sage or demon) Stone Barrier yet? If yes, how much coins/effort it took to get those babies? ;)

I bought my sage Stone Barrier for 7mil, from another wizzie. Was just after maintenance, I bet he got it from BH and never found out how useful this skill really is :P
Packs World International
Post edited by /Groovy/ - Harshlands on

Comments

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Demon Barrier
    i sooooo want this skill, >:O but its either ****** expansive or not available at all

25 mil? 30mil? nope, this skill isnt in AH :o
    i like potato
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I got lucky when I got my demon barrier. My better half always had extremely good luck opening **** (she got a scroll of tome in 12 packs) and of course got sage soul degeneration for my veno not only on her first try with old book pages but with those mysterious pages got demon stone barrier on her first try. Wish I had that kinda luck.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    bought sage stone barrier for like 20mil in AH.. prolly too much >.>
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Girlfriend made my sage stone barrier. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • MarcA - Harshlands
    MarcA - Harshlands Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sage stone barrier was my very first sage skill i got it as a pk drop from some archer at 8X :)
    "Know that although in the eternal scheme of things you are small, you are
    also unique and irreplaceable, as are all your fellow humans everywhere in the world."
    -Margaret Laurence
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    sage stone barrier was my very first sage skill i got it as a pk drop from some archer at 8X :)

lucky D:y<
    i like potato
  • Zoroastra - Sanctuary
    Zoroastra - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I got demon stone barrier for free from last boss in seat bh some months ago.
    That was the happiest day for me in pwi b:thanks
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't have a lot of lvl89 skills... and besides the lvl89 ones, only missing demon BIDS atm. I've run like 50 SoT/Abaddon and never had one single wizard book, not even sage, drop. b:angry

I got only pitfall, glacial embrace, and the ones from fb89... obviously the ones that drop from 99 I bought from AH (for cheap tho).

Starting to think I should make them with tokens. b:surrender
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    bought sage stone barrier for like 20mil in AH.. prolly too much >.>

20mil seems to be average price of this skill in HL... When someone is willing to sell one, that is b:chuckle
    Packs World International
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I got mine for 700k fresh at lvl 89. Was worth about 15-20m at the time, due to me and the guy selling (faction mate and friend) not knowing it's worth (I think he based it off the price of a sage glacial embrace he saw for cheap in AH)
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Nyxya - Harshlands
    Nyxya - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    got demon barrier when i did my fb 99 so i kept sold in 15 min for 17,5mil..was so funny guy i was trading come sais you know all my friends say 17,5mil to much i give u only 12...i close trade leave party and say gl..take care....let him scream 1 min for me to come back:D
  • ScarletEyes - Sanctuary
    ScarletEyes - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    u can prob sell demon stone barrier for 30m +. i ve seen some rich wizs buying sage stone barrier for 35m in sanctuary. Its a rare skill ( or used to be) that every wiz wants. so u can get a rly good price for it if u re selling. just have to know how to negotiate and spamm WC for 2 or 3 days and ull get 30m +
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I personally dont see the point in spending 10+ mil for it. But I over calculate things.

For me, Sage stone barrier would only raise my physical resistance % by 3% self buffed, and 1% fully buffed. 20 mil seems a tad overpriced for such a small amount of difference :x

Note: thats for sage, demon to me would be well worth it, depending on how much physical defense you have with lvl 10 stone barrier. (taking into account the diminished returns and such)
  • FrozenPhire - Lost City
    FrozenPhire - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    b:cute got my demon barrier, sort of a gift to me .
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    For me, Sage stone barrier would only raise my physical resistance % by 3% self buffed, and 1% fully buffed. 20 mil seems a tad overpriced for such a small amount of difference :x
    God dammit why do people think of subtracting reduction percentages b:surrender

The difference between 50% and 75% is not "15%" in terms of effectiveness and survival. It is double survival. You get 1/4 damage reduction compared to 1/2... 400 would hit as 100, meaning you die twice as hard as 50% and four times as hard as 0%.

On the other hand... the difference between 50% and 0% is the same as 50% and 75%... double survival.

Just for extra thought, the difference between 75% and 100% is not 25% survival... it is infinite. You are immune to damage. (impossible in game of course, max is 90% or 1/10 damage)

Going from 0% to 3% is **** I agree... going from 80% to 83% is awesome.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    God dammit why do people think of subtracting reduction percentages b:surrender

The difference between 50% and 75% is not "15%" in terms of effectiveness and survival. It is double survival. You get 1/4 damage reduction compared to 1/2... 400 would hit as 100, meaning you die twice as hard as 50% and four times as hard as 0%.

On the other hand... the difference between 50% and 0% is the same as 50% and 75%... double survival.

Just for extra thought, the difference between 75% and 100% is not 25% survival... it is infinite. You are immune to damage. (impossible in game of course, max is 90% or 1/10 damage)

Going from 0% to 3% is **** I agree... going from 80% to 83% is awesome.

ima need to test this, i find this hard to believe <_<

I always thought the % reduction was damage being reduced by that ammount.

for example: if someone hits me constant 1000's and I have 55% physical reduction he would hit my for 450 each hit, and if I got stone barrier lvl 11 id have 58% reduction, which would be 420 each hit.

Im gonna ask a friend to take off his weapons and hit me a few times, and then take off my wrists or something and test it then.

edit: asked a friend to help, trying to make sense of the numbers atm. Not making sense to me.

with 55% reduction he was hitting 56's & 111 crits
    with 51% reduction he was hitting 61's & 121 crits
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ima need to test this, i find this hard to believe <_<

I always thought the % reduction was damage being reduced by that ammount.

for example: if someone hits me constant 1000's and I have 55% physical reduction he would hit my for 450 each hit, and if I got stone barrier lvl 11 id have 58% reduction, which would be 420 each hit.

Im gonna ask a friend to take off his weapons and hit me a few times, and then take off my wrists or something and test it then.

edit: asked a friend to help, trying to make sense of the numbers atm. Not making sense to me.

with 55% reduction he was hitting 56's & 111 crits
    with 51% reduction he was hitting 61's & 121 crits

You are doing the math just fine, I think Borsuc's point is that saying 3% reduction means nothing without its context. So if you had 0% and went up to 3%, you would take 3% less damage.. but if you were at 94% reduction and went to 97% reduction (not possible in game) you'd be taking 50% less damage. That extra 1-2% reduction could be fairly significant if your reduction is already high :P
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You are doing the math just fine, I think Borsuc's point is that saying 3% reduction means nothing without its context. So if you had 0% and went up to 3%, you would take 3% less damage.. but if you were at 94% reduction and went to 97% reduction (not possible in game) you'd be taking 50% less damage. That extra 1-2% reduction could be fairly significant if your reduction is already high :P

im trying to figure out the formula, I dont understand how 94 - 97 reduction would be 50% less damage :x

Id assume you would be reducing an additional 3% from what they would be hitting you with 0% reduction

edit: just tried with 0% reduction. was 152 each hit, 303 crits. I dont understand the formula qq

edit: v~v forgot to take into account the % reductions from gear and the defense level from blessing.. im so confused
  • Thrasymachus - Sanctuary
    Thrasymachus - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You are confusing yourself I think, but math can sometimes turn one around.

Look at it like this:

If you had 50% resistance and got hit with a 100 damage hit before resistance, then you would lose 50 hp. Now if you add a piece of gear or something to gain 5%, you now have 55% resistance. If you got hit with that same blow again, you would now lose 45 hp. The difference between 45 and 50 is 5, and 5 is 10% of 50. So adding a 5% resistance if you're already at 50% means you take 10% less damage, not the 5% it's name suggests.

In your case, of 55% originally, you would suffer a blow of 100 damage with 45 hp lost. By adding 3%, you would now suffer a loss of only 42 hp, improving your damage reduction by 6 2/3%. In the case of the wizard with 94% reduction, he would suffer that 100 damage by losing 6 hp. When he increases his resistance to 97%, he would lose only 3 hp, improving his damage reduction by 50%.

These proportions remain true no matter what the amount of damage dealt. If our impossible latter wizard is hit with a 10,000 damage blow, he would suffer 600 lost hp at 94%. By adding only 3% resistance, he halves his loss to a mere 300hp.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You are confusing yourself I think, but math can sometimes turn one around.

Look at it like this:

If you had 50% resistance and got hit with a 100 damage hit before resistance, then you would lose 50 hp. Now if you add a piece of gear or something to gain 5%, you now have 55% resistance. If you got hit with that same blow again, you would now lose 45 hp. The difference between 45 and 50 is 5, and 5 is 10% of 50. So adding a 5% resistance if you're already at 50% means you take 10% less damage, not the 5% it's name suggests.

In your case, of 55% originally, you would suffer a blow of 100 damage with 45 hp lost. By adding 3%, you would now suffer a loss of only 42 hp, improving your damage reduction by 6 2/3%. In the case of the wizard with 94% reduction, he would suffer that 100 damage by losing 6 hp. When he increases his resistance to 97%, he would lose only 3 hp, improving his damage reduction by 50%.

These proportions remain true no matter what the amount of damage dealt. If our impossible latter wizard is hit with a 10,000 damage blow, he would suffer 600 lost hp at 94%. By adding only 3% resistance, he halves his loss to a mere 300hp.

AH, ok that i understood 100% thanks xD.
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Got demon stone barrier on Destini on the 2nd try on mysterious pages. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I also Spent 20m for sage
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rule - Heavens Tear
    Rule - Heavens Tear Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Stone Barrier 40mil prior to Anni pack QQ
  • Bloop - Harshlands
    Bloop - Harshlands Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I opened at least 30 books trying to get stone barrier, after having no luck I ended up buying the first one I saw for 40m.
    60 / 250.
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bought mine for 40m b:cry

A wiz w/o sage/demon SB is not a wiz b:victory
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    trues story
    about to go to bh100 and i buy the wines
    i cant go
    i tell OKOTHIEFO heres the wine if a wiz book falls just get for me if not w/e
    wellll
    i find out this book drops and herpderp he never gives it to me
    anyway i finally got it from about the 20th book i made
    moral of the story is-
    never trust a panda especially one from Canada

(names have been changed to protect no1)
    b:bye
  • Hitori_Hanso - Sanctuary
    Hitori_Hanso - Sanctuary Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I just got Sage Stone Barrier yesterday for 18mil. Was very happy to finally get it!!! Gave me an extra 500 pdef then lvl 10 did.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    SB was my 4th sage skill, got it from AH for 6 or 8 mil, lol.
    got it at 92 I guess, if I'm not mistaking.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Im looking at demon stone barrier for 12.5m in AH at sanctuary. Isnt that incredibly cheap??

Well I dont have any money at all, so cant buy it anyway.

Edit: Lol its gone already. Maybe in for 5 minutes. Again, wish I had money.

Edit 2: Lol again, he put it back in (was at 8hours left nou at 24 hours) for 25m. Guess he realised it was way to cheap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prohibited - Heavens Tear
    Prohibited - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Got demon Stone Barrier as a gift from ex-ingame wife.
    I've sold 3 sage Stone Barrier books from 13-17m each
    [SIGPIC]http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/4183/sgtdrunkramble.png[/SIGPIC]
    DUTY_CALLS - Heavens Tear: "I QUIT THE FORM'S FROM NOW U ALL JUST FORM TROLL'S AND TALK **** ALL TIME MEET ME IN PvP U GOT SOMTHING TO SAYb:shocked"
This discussion has been closed.