Red Text - Bidding Hall - Duke is back!

Options
Flixix - Dreamweaver
Flixix - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Suggestion Box
I can take a lot of red text but this is driving me up the wall. I may just point out if this text sounds off you may want to inset some swear words. I am trying my level best to not swear.

Red, all I see is red. My guild is trying to talk and we get 5 sentences in to be met with a wall of red. No longer can I make my chat field that small 3 row area to follow my guild chat. No, now I have to have it fully extended so that I can scroll up through the red. It provided to be such a hindrance in a squad that we had to give up and wait till after the bidding hall closed.

I know you have enough tabs with normal, team, guild, trade etc etc etc but surely you can make a Bidding Hall tab for those who want to get an item. If you think this red text will make jump into a frenzy to buy your cash shop items you are sorely mistaken. Ask most users and you will find we have developed text blindness when it comes to red text. We do not read it, or at best we read the username if we know it.
Post edited by Flixix - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Flixix - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hey look at that no one reads it b:victory
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I don't even notice it.
    Just like I don't notice WC spam
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i just dont play usually during those times, and if i am playing then i ignore it. its working well for me b:cold
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    To be honest i don't like it but there's no way we could blacklist duke -.- anyway beside that i started not to pay attention to it anymore b:chuckle
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I do not pay attention but having to scroll up when it comes in every 20 seconds is a little annoying haha
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    System Announcement: Some player has bidded 180 gold on some random pixels. In 15 minutes, that person will win the item.

System Announcement: Some player has bidded 34 gold on some random pixels. In 15 minutes, that person will win the item.

System Announcement: Some player has bidded 10 gold on some random pixels. In 15 minutes, that person will win the item.

System Announcement: Some player has bidded 130 gold on some random pixels. In 15 minutes, that person will win the item.

System Announcement: The battle for Thousand Steams as begun. Faction X is attacking, Faction Y is defending.

Duke Shouts: Some person has recently acquired some item that you do not have. Charge moar zen!

zzzzzzzzz...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • robzombie20
    robzombie20 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    System Announcement: Some player has bidded 180 gold on some random pixels. In 15 minutes, that person will win the item.

System Announcement: Some player has bidded 34 gold on some random pixels. In 15 minutes, that person will win the item.

System Announcement: Some player has bidded 10 gold on some random pixels. In 15 minutes, that person will win the item.

System Announcement: Some player has bidded 130 gold on some random pixels. In 15 minutes, that person will win the item.

System Announcement: The battle for Thousand Steams as begun. Faction X is attacking, Faction Y is defending.

Duke Shouts: Some person has recently acquired some item that you do not have. Charge moar zen!

zzzzzzzzz...
    ikr? it's a annoying thing this is
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    LOL I had a flash back there and thought that was actually the red text. Horrible colour as well lol XD
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I used to watch red text, mostly for wraith attacks, but since they are filling our faction chat with this annoying ****, I started to ignore it. Maybe there WAS something I would like to read and know but, how could I see it... Red text is just a spam now, not system "important" messages as it used to be.
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Duke whispers: Let it be known that I have a sore throat today and cant shout.

Well.. I can dream
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    One of reason why i don't like to play PWI . . b:surrender
    (play on other PW right now, my country PW has lots of corruption)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ya see I was thinking at as well. If an admin did post no one would notice. Everyone ignores red now, when the wraith event in DW a few days ago I had no idea. Only reason I knew it was happening was that I was in arch and ran into them!!

Seriously it has to be more thought through, I get the idea you want to promote but try using a special tab like the trade one? I cannot use the GAH as I would never spend that much money on it in one go. LMAO Gold Auction Hall... works so well, the acronym is exactly how I feel when it comes online! GAH!