Two Words

Typhyse - Sanctuary
Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Suggestion Box
Player. Housing.
Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
~Spazz~
Post edited by Typhyse - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Suggested. Before.

or

Not. Happening.
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You do realize the problem with player housing in a free to play MMORPG right? When accounts arent restricted in any way to just keep being created, the amount of server storage space is ginormous. Its the main reason for its removal from the game when they went from a pay to play to a free to play model.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You do realize the problem with player housing in a free to play MMORPG right? When accounts arent restricted in any way to just keep being created, the amount of server storage space is ginormous. Its the main reason for its removal from the game when they went from a pay to play to a free to play model.

Make it available only through micro-transactions. Problem solved.

Something that could be done instead, which would not take as much server space, would be guild halls.
    This game just needs more non-PvP endgame content. Player housing, if done properly, would keep players longer, and suck more money from their pockets. Come on GMs, you know that sounds appealing.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I still don't get why people want a 'house' in a game.

I mean, a house won't give you anything. It also won't do anything. All you can do is be there, and do nothing.
    If I wanna be somewhere, not playing PWI.. I log off
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    yea i dont get the point of player housing either. i stand around archo talking to friends anyways. guild halls would be fun tho because then your guild can meet without people being like b:shocked so many people from so-and-so faction, also we could make the guild halls pvp enabled so guilds could have pvp events or events like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    They could make it so that you can get fully buffed by spending x amount of time in player housing.

You can have neighbors!!!!

Er, 500 storage slots?

They could patch so everyone could be nekkid and make a bump and grind action (how often do you waive, really?)

Ok, Ok, player housing is probably not that practical. But if the implement it, you know I'm going to have one. And you are too, lol
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Tygurr - Sanctuary
    Tygurr - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Somewhat retired from PWI, now playing Hellgate Global full time
  • BarbEQ - Dreamweaver
    BarbEQ - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    one word..

NO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amurora - Heavens Tear
    Amurora - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I still don't get why people want a 'house' in a game.

I mean, a house won't give you anything. It also won't do anything. All you can do is be there, and do nothing.
    If I wanna be somewhere, not playing PWI.. I log off

I agree, there wouldn't really be much to a player house, unless it was like a bank or something where you can store things at your house. That's the only benefit I can think of. But otherwise it doesn't make much sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ok, Ok, player housing is probably not that practical. But if the implement it, you know I'm going to have one. And you are too, lol

^This. I know I would get one. Just to say I have a house in PWI
  • Remmi - Raging Tide
    Remmi - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    making player housing in game in F2 P game would mean combining a virtual world like for instance Second Life with Perfect World. It would need to be huge, and cost an enormous amount of of money to realize.

What is possible though, is a community hall for each leand, which can be decorated, changed ( building walls, setting up furniture, planting trees, setting up a meeting space to find people to do quests or dungeons with or whatever) by the faction that owns the land. It would give an incentive to fight for the land too... Good for TW, protecting your home and all.

If it's publically accessible it would be a meeting point for faction members and for other people to enjoy too. I can imagine that you could do a lot more things in there, like set up a bullitin board, add in teleport masters ( meeting points for TW), have space for shops, make the music stream changeable for the faction that owns the land, so you can have some more social events... or whatever you would like to do in-game

It would probably need to be a safe zone and could be set up as a shared dungeon like the cave of sadistic glee or the arena.

Making them part of the land limits the amount of halls you can have on the server and makes it manageable, much more then individual player housing.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Player House

Level req: 50 or 60

One house per account, not per character

Purchase fee, 1 million coins

Any add-ons would involve the cash shop

Ta-da, now not everyone will have one and PWI makes money

P.S. I know f2p mmos with player housing.

Edit: Guild halls are a MUST D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]