Patcher version good; Client: version too low

Odovacer - Dreamweaver
Odovacer - Dreamweaver Posts: 60 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Support Desk
Yesterday I had some graphics issues and had to roll back my System Restore to a previous setup. The problem is patcher says I'm up to date but the client says my version is too low. Even tried the manual update but since what the patcher sees is all fine, it won't update from the file either.

Is there a config file I can delete or alter to so that Patcher sees the need to update to the current version?
Post edited by Odovacer - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yesterday I had some graphics issues and had to roll back my System Restore to a previous setup. The problem is patcher says I'm up to date but the client says my version is too low. Even tried the manual update but since what the patcher sees is all fine, it won't update from the file either.

Is there a config file I can delete or alter to so that Patcher sees the need to update to the current version?

Delete
    C:\Path\To\Perfect World International\config\element\version.sw

Or open it up and change the version number to the oldest number you can remember it

And inb4 Kantorek says "post your dxdiag" which would have nothing to do with this
  • Odovacer - Dreamweaver
    Odovacer - Dreamweaver Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thanks Deora! Worked a treat, though I renamed the file to Xversion.sw for safety. :)

For future users, you will be asked to "verify" in a pop up console. Click on "Verify" at the top of the patcher screen. The screen appears to freeze for awhile, but it's working in the background. Then the normal patch updating will take place.

Odo
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thanks Deora! Worked a treat, though I renamed the file to Xversion.sw for safety. :)

For future users, you will be asked to "verify" in a pop up console. Click on "Verify" at the top of the patcher screen. The screen appears to freeze for awhile, but it's working in the background. Then the normal patch updating will take place.

Odo

I really should get some kind of special title
  • dextromethorphanhbr
    dextromethorphanhbr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Im pretty much doing the same thing for the same reason wish me luck! the patcher realized that i dont have a client version after I deleted the above specified file source and file. So now its working to verify my client version (which isnt there) and hopefully depending on all my other files will find me a suitable update.