CORE Connect Bug Report Thread

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited February 2012 in Support Desk
All right guys, so according to the engineers, all data has been scanned and implemented into the system--

At this point I'd like to open up this thread for bug reports related to CORE Connect, so please:

1. Describe the bug

2. Upload a screen shot of the bug to ImageShack and link it in your post.

I'll be forwarding along all bugs to the Web Design and Engineering teams.

Thanks everyone :)
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The entire Core Connect is a bug, fix it with
    rm -rf /

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    There's no background, everything appears off.

This only happens with firefox for me, doesn't happen with internet explorer. And it doesn't happen all the time, only happens some of the time.

Also, barbarians have a picture of a BM.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8959/coreconnect.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The entire Core Connect is a bug, fix it with
    rm -rf /

You're expecting them not to have it running on some lame *** NT back end.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i still ask my self the question to why we have such an insanely pointless *add-on* to this game, maby if we cud see these so called *achievments* in game it wud be nice, but on the forum i just cant see the point.

/try hard failure
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    No pic needed:

1.) Image on Core Connect of my main character is a 101 BM, but says I'm a 101 barb. In all actuality, I'm a 101 Barb. I sent a ticket, got a generic response back (What's new?), and the ticket was closed when I replied twise via e-mail as it asked, but got 0 replies back.

2.) Core Connect Profile says I have 0 PK kills for Tremblewith. I actually have somewhere around 50-100 (Not much for my lvl, however I'm mostly carebear). The ticket also described this, and as I stated it was closed.

No pictures needed, and this is a problem for a very large portion of the PWI community via Core Connect.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Must it be imageshack? -_- Too many people link to their bloated image-detail pages instead of the straight-up image itself.

Well wth... here we go then.
    http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/703/coreproblems.png

Red Box: Yamabuki, my veno, has no avatar. This is also the case on the forums.

Green Box: This is a copy of my main on the Archosaur server, created to test a future makeover modification in close detail. I deleted him shortly after - only Hariken (the lv30 cleric in the lower bar) still exists on that server.

Blue Box: LigerKing, my barb, is shown with a BM's avatar on CORE and has no avatar on the forums.

Cyan Box: Jingzi, my psychic, appears not to be listed in the acheivements... or perhaps this is a problem with LigerKing. Both of these characters are below 40, but over 20... so their presence should grant me the "Alt-a-Holic" acheivement.

Other problems:
    http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/4571/nopvp.png
    I have never entered PK mode in my entire 2 years of playing PWI. I cannot have gotten any kill credits unless you count forced-PK rooms such as Cube of Fate and Dragon Temple... in which case my kill count would be 2 or 3 at best.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/1614/500items.png
    I most certainly have not bought 500 items from the boutique. Even if you count each item in a stack of 10 (e.g. Wind Widgets) as 10 items instead of 1... I cannot possibly be approaching 500.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Sabatier - Raging Tide
    Sabatier - Raging Tide Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    you could just upload the images into your personal album in core connect? or is there a bug where other people can't do that?

1. click on your avatar in core connect to access your albums
    2. click on create album link if you only have your profile photo album
    3. once you have an album other than profile photo, click on it to enter
    4. click on upload photo link, follow instructions to upload an image
    5. rinse and repeat until all your images are uploaded.

To view an image, click on it in the album view. You can then right click and copy image url (if using chrome. cant remember what options you get in other browsers) and paste that url into your post here. et voila - no more imageshack/photobucket etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    You're expecting them not to have it running on some lame *** NT back end.

Well the server its running on identifies it self as apache and they are running vBulletin which is php based and the PW Game servers run on Linux only so...
    GET /home HTTP/1.1
    Host: core.perfectworld.com

HTTP/1.1 302 Found
    Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 19:51:47 GMT
    [COLOR="Red"]Server: Apache
    X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.13-pl0-gentoo[/COLOR]
    Set-Cookie: PWRD=e081e032ceb8736da96d7d8d8677c4fd; path=/; domain=.perfectworld.com
    Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
    Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
    Pragma: no-cache
    Content-Length: 0
    Content-Type: text/html

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well the server its running on identifies it self as apache and they are running vBulletin which is php based and the PW Game servers run on Linux only so...

NT4 with Virtual Box on it anyone?

On topic, when you look at some of the guilds some character only have their race shows but the class-thing is blank. Couldn't find such guild to take a SS of though.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    NT4 with Virtual Box on it anyone?

Yeah but I doubt that they'd go through all the trouble to make IIS lie and say its Apache on gentoo...
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited October 2010

This only happens with firefox for me, doesn't happen with internet explorer. And it doesn't happen all the time, only happens some of the time.

[

That.
    1. Works in chrome (and apparently IE but i haven't tested) but not in firefox...

Also,
    2. guild names are still bugged (for example, TheEmpire is shown as bks, Enrage is shown as \w/raith, Radiance is sopranos etc etc)
    3. some people's pvp kills are still stuck at 0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I am apparently still factionless when I check my guild tab.

Even though I am ready listed in the faction, when I view it from other ppls profiles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yeah but I doubt that they'd go through all the trouble to make IIS lie and say its Apache on gentoo...

NT4 box = 20$ with shipping
    Gentoo and a couple of beers to your neighborhood geek for setting it up = 10$
    People finding out it's a gentoo on NT4 Virtual Box as a guest = priceless

b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    NT4 box = 20$ with shipping
    Gentoo and a couple of beers to your neighborhood geek for setting it up = 10$
    People finding out it's a gentoo on NT4 Virtual Box as a guest = priceless

b:chuckle

That would just be b:surrender
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    1st . pvp kill record not showing correctly still.

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy192/pokerkimm/core1.jpg

2nd. guild membership either, im member of nagare for 9+ months yet doesnt show it.

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy192/pokerkimm/core2.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    For guilds, it is saying that RedHawk is named sweetleaf. It's showing this for several, if not all, of the RedHawk members.

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/519/sweetleaf.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well, Imma repeat what's already been said.

1. Faction name is different.
    2. Some barbs and venos have the untamed icon on the faction board, but some are still listed as 'humans'.

Those are the ones that bother me most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited October 2010

The interface appears exactly like this. I am using firefox, haven't tried to view it on IE yet but this started today or yesterday as far as I can tell.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    The interface appears exactly like this. I am using firefox, haven't tried to view it on IE yet but this started today or yesterday as far as I can tell.

Ive never gotten that and I use FF 3.6.1
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Achievements on the Guild Members page do not match achievements on my profile page.

coreconnectachievement.jpg

coreconnectachievementg.jpg

Is this because Core Guilds is still Beta and profile is live?
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Ok not sure if i should submit this as a ticket or a bug.

<== Notice this BM 101 avatar. That is evidence i have a BM 101. However in the following screenshot of my character accomplishments, it never gave me credit for having any BM whatsoever. So i'm missing the 'Level Blademaster to 40', 'Level Blademaster to 70', and 'Level Blademaster to 90' accomplishments.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/999/nobmlvl407090accomplish.jpg
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Ok not sure if i should submit this as a ticket or a bug.

<== Notice this BM 101 avatar. That is evidence i have a BM 101. However in the following screenshot of my character accomplishments, it never gave me credit for having any BM whatsoever. So i'm missing the 'Level Blademaster to 40', 'Level Blademaster to 70', and 'Level Blademaster to 90' accomplishments.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/999/nobmlvl407090accomplish.jpg

Lies you didn't level a bm
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    For guilds, it is saying that RedHawk is named sweetleaf. It's showing this for several, if not all, of the RedHawk members.

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/519/sweetleaf.jpg
    ^ basically this. It appears like the bot who went through logs got stuff mixed up. I know for example that the faction Hellcorp exists, but why does CORE assume that Leviathan is Hellcorp for example??? You sure you guys didn't put some extra + on the pointers in the linked list or whatever your bot is using...
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Achievements on the Guild Members page do not match achievements on my profile page.

coreconnectachievement.jpg

coreconnectachievementg.jpg

Is this because Core Guilds is still Beta and profile is live?

Mine is the same. I assumed it was because I have several characters, and the multiple "having character" achievements were shown only under my profile, and weren't being counted under each individual character in the guild (giving that character only its own achievements sort of thing). I couldn't come up with anything else.

And yeah... same as everyone else here... my barb is a blademaster. I'm not bothering to deal with imageshack on this one since there are a ton of SS already so I think you guys get the point on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Mine is the same. I assumed it was because I have several characters, and the multiple "having character" achievements were shown only under my profile, and weren't being counted under each individual character in the guild (giving that character only its own achievements sort of thing). I couldn't come up with anything else.

And yeah... same as everyone else here... my barb is a blademaster. I'm not bothering to deal with imageshack on this one since there are a ton of SS already so I think you guys get the point on it.

I know what you mean and I thought the same thing might be the problem. Then I started totaling some points for my 102 barb on Raging Tides and there are a lot more than 10 achievement points he should have credit for.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    at the top of my achievement showcase, the last update is listed as september 16, 2010. down towards the bottom, in the section for recent achievements, the most recent one is listed as having occurred on october 4, 2010. (it's a mis-list, if it matters; i did not, in fact, sell 5 gold on that date.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited October 2010

i too get exactly this A LOT of the time. my workaround when it happens is to log out of perfectworld.com, clear cache, clear cookies, and restart the browser (for some reason the last step is not optional, i have to shut down firefox). on starting the browser again, i double-check i've set it to accept cookies and javascript from perfectworld.com before i try to log in again; that usually fixes it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The Core System is great and all but I miss the stat page where we find our posts and threads as well a way to pm others.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2010

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/8959/coreconnect.png

It appears like Rawrgh's screenshot for me on Vista, but normal on XP, both using Firefox.

Also, I still don't have credit for altaholic, despite having leveled all classes to at 37 on the same server (to at least 42 if you count all classes across all servers.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The Core System is great and all but I miss the stat page where we find our posts and threads as well a way to pm others.

+1, seriously. Why did it have to go? .-.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]