Saving up...

MrSyko - Raging Tide
MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Barbarian
So, I'm starting to plan and save up for my Sage skills and future gear/weapons since I heard they are very expensive. I'm not too worried about the gear for right now.

My main questions would be:

1) What skills do you suggest I buy?

2) How much did you pay for them?

I would just like an idea of what to expect before I try to buy my skills and look like a fool if I do not have enough.

***Any extra comments/suggestions would be appreciated***
b:thanks
Post edited by MrSyko - Raging Tide on

Comments

• _BrickHouse_ - Heavens Tear
    _BrickHouse_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Farm old book pages for 92 skills, farm the cube for 99 skills and farm fb89 for True Form.
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    pssst......go demon instead....b:victory
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    only demon skill i have learned is True Form - got it for 150k in AH. I have the book for garrote which i bought for 20k in AH (was a lowball minimum bid auction with no buyout price listed. apparently no one wanted it very much). Haven't actually learned garrote yet though, there's other stuff i can spend 1 mil on - like better skills. Personally what I'm aiming for book wise first is:

BKI, Titans, Devour, Ream, Surf, Roar, Poison Fang, Sunder,

Humanoid wise, Bestial onslaught and OFC Armageddon b:dirty

as a side note though.. I know it sounds very appealing to have ALL your skills as soon as they are available to you, but bear in mind that the very first demons and sages didnt have that luxury, they had to farm them the old fashioned way. The ability to just go buy them with tokens etc just wasn't there. And there's still many players who don't have even their gears yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • KingTank - Heavens Tear
    KingTank - Heavens Tear Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    if you decide to go demon Frighten is another good one, well its great in RB
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sage skills are roughly expensive. My advice is to save up for this:

Demon Barbarian - All

or

Sage Barbarian - All

The set takes 330 Adv. Mystical Pages......which require about 4,950 Perfect - Tokens of Luck which is about 49,500,000 coins with tokens at 10,000 coins each.

Now for my view...

Sage Barbs aren't that useful anymore with the direction the game is going. No one will really need you to tank stuff anymore. -int DDs killed the "normal" tank class.

PvE is just about dead at 90+.

Most people just going in TW and PvP now. Sage doesn't benefit you at all at this point.

Demon Barbs are different to an extent. Demon is well-known for PvPing. I recently swapped from Sage to Demon, because Sage isn't worth it anymore, unless you are solely going to be a cata-barb in TW.

Overall, go Demon. The game's direction killed Sage, both in PvE and PvP.

As for gear, 90+ go TT90 green armor, get a pair of GXs, the axes with Zerk.

100+, depends, go full TT99 HA gears, or mix up gears like a Claw Barb with LG cape, TT99 LA and HA gears. You have alot of options.

As for the cost, yup, its brutally expensive. I honestly probably wouldn't have been playing now if it wasn't for me winning top 5 in Nien Event daily. That paid off my entire TT99 set, LG cape, Warsoul Helm. Now I'm just building up my last funds for my claw build. rofl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Unfortunately, Knownase is right. I really wanted to go Sage for the amount of health in True Form and the amount of damage I get for Axe/Hammer Mastery. I'm not in a TW faction so I guess I don't need the health for cata pulling. However, Demon True Form's damage makes it very tempting. I still have time to decide I guess, but with the way the game is at 90+ I probably will end up Demon. Either way, the info you guys gave me is helpful and will go into consideration. b:thanks Thank you
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    From the opinion of a sage barb myself, id say go demon, you will have a hell of a lot more fun pvpwise as demon crit is insane and its so much easier to finish your oponents in pvp.

the top pvp barb on Arch server is demon, "YellowLight", with demon beastial onslaught, 108 base dex + gear + 21 demon skills +10 HH lunar weapon, +10 4 socket all Attack Level +1 shards tt99 gold he crits over 60% of the time O_______O with around 47 attack level... in tw he dosent pull cata, he goes round 7k critting mages >.> and looks like he has way more fun than any sage barb.

Know is correct, pwi killed sage, im not neccassary to tank 95% of stuff endgame, and a lot of demon barbs who hit so hard in tiger make better tanks because they can hold aggro better, however at least my sage buffs are appreciated (QQ), i got sage bki today which rocks, but its basically the same as demon cept demon helps u spark more (chee gain increase).

tbh i got some bad advise a while back and went sage, however im now leaning towards being a primary cata barb for my faction going all out hp and maybe a bit DEF +2 lvl gems.

The problem is this isnt much fun for me, its a boring, tough job, but someone has to do it and considering i have 15 sage skills already, it isnt worth changing to demon at this point, im even considering rolling a demon barb and account stashing my gears over, something im already doing with my bm i rolled and plan to turn demon.

ignore the extra hp, this game is all about maximising your damage output, and a nerfed damage barb cannot compete. b:cry
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Well dam...I guess it's settled then...I guess it does make more sense to do more damage in True Form and hold agro better. After all, there's not much else to do at that level besides PvP, and like I already stated I probably won't be doing any TW's. Demon it is, I guess.
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yeah seriously as a sage barb your gonna feel so underpowered for 10% more hp in tiger...

sage vs demon.
    meatbag vs death machine.

RAGE @ BEING SAGE! b:angry
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Alright, man. You persuaded me enough. I'll go for the damage and crits. b:victory
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Good choice b:victory
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    sage vs demon.
    meatbag vs death machine.

Thats a hilarious way to put it, but Fuzzy couldn't agree more. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sad but true. As a sage barb myself, I'll say go demon. Im debating on wether to goto 100 do my culti and then transdorm to demon or start a new toon and go demon with him.

Basically ever since -int was discovered and CSing was the WTG, everyone except the sage barb can tank b:surrender.

The sage barb does do more pure dph in humanoid then a demon, but the demon wins out on account of the crazy crits.

All in all, I guess it will just be more fun being demon. Not to mention that the demon culti at 89 is a walk in the park as compared to the sage one. b:chuckle
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Wow, I didn't realize so many people felt this way. Makes my job easier. Thanks guys b:victory
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sad but true. As a sage barb myself, I'll say go demon. Im debating on wether to goto 100 do my culti and then transdorm to demon or start a new toon and go demon with him.

Basically ever since -int was discovered and CSing was the WTG, everyone except the sage barb can tank b:surrender.

The sage barb does do more pure dph in humanoid then a demon, but the demon wins out on account of the crazy crits.

All in all, I guess it will just be more fun being demon. Not to mention that the demon culti at 89 is a walk in the park as compared to the sage one. b:chuckle

I say for go it, if you can fund the change, along with some skills.

My swap overall, cost me about 70 mill for the book clip and learning the skills. I bought 4,950 tokens for the Demon bookclip, which gave me all my buffs, except HP, and the mastery, and Bestial Onslaught with the +35% crit buff.

I got lucky in gambling for Demon HP buff on my 3rd try.

As for my swap from Sage to Demon, I have not regretted the change. I am loving the crits. I can kill way faster as a Demon Barb compared to Sage. It was worth the funding.

So if you wanna switch, I say go for it, but switch only when you have a lot of the Demon skill books.

Better off being a Sage Barb with some Sage skills learned than a Demon Barb with no Demon skills at all. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-