Solo?

eviltreegirl
eviltreegirl Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Cleric
I'm sorry if this has been answered before. I looked around for an answer, but found none that were specific enough for my tastes....or I'm hard of seeing and missed it.

I love healers, and generally play them in mmos. What I would like to know is not just the best build for someone who would like to mostly solo(you do not have to get into specific stats and numbers as I am capable of searching that out myself and don't want to waste your time too much more. Just a build name would be nice), but also would it be a good idea to attempt such a thing as I am a beginner to the game itself?
Post edited by eviltreegirl on

Comments

• Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Every class in this game can solo his quests except boss fights and 'dungeons'.
    But a cleric does it more superb then most.
    You can heal your self, kite those few rare mob's that prove to be challenging.
    Even solo some bosses by your self like (Krixx, Suzi and few more that you will encounter in the game)

b:victory
    So don't worry you can solo

You have builds in the sticky topic, ill recommend the 9mag 1str one.
    And and vit along the way when you need it.

~cheers
    b:dirty
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Noone 'solos' anymore, so I would suggest you don't base your build on that.

But if you do, I recommend full mag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • eviltreegirl
    eviltreegirl Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Nelae@ Thank you for your help :)

MsEvilness@ I like to be on my own as far as leveling goes. Everything other than bosses and dungeons I pretty much prefer to be on my own(and even those failed attempts at soloing these are fun). Other people are simply distracting when I don't want to chat and just have a small goal I'm trying to accomplish. Maybe I'm just weird.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Noone 'solos' anymore, so I would suggest you don't base your build on that.

But if you do, I recommend full mag.

Correct me if wrong, but major part of this game for newcomers is solo, specially the start.
    You will barely find ppl to quest with since most of those are low alts getting to higher levels as fast as they know...well in most cases.
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Maybe i should have clarified my post better...

Noone solos at higher levels, so it's not something you would want to base your build on. You solo at lower levels but your build should still be based on wat u want to do at higher levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010

Noone solos at higher levels, so it's not something you would want to base your build on. You solo at lower levels but your build should still be based on wat u want to do at higher levels.

Ah sry for the blunter b:surrender

And agree^
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Try :
    1 str
    1,5 vit
    7,5 magic

every 10 free stat points aka every 2 levels.

The higher the magic = the better your Ironheart(main heal), = the better ur survivability
    The few vit will help you to survive slightly better when being ganked by more than 1 mob.

Have fun, clerics are kinda boring but amazingly overpowered with heals =)

To make it short : there is no difference in builds between a normal and a solo cleric.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Alleia - Dreamweaver
    Alleia - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I've been able to solo just about all of my quests except for instances and most bosses. I've used a 9 MAG, 1 STR every two levels build (Arcane), and once in a while I'll throw a point on VIT to make it less expensive for me when I restat at a higher level.

It's great to solo quests and I really enjoy it. Once in a while picking up a squad on an annoying 'Collect 1' (but really kill 50 or more to get it) is great. I also prefer to solo and I learn much more about my class that I can use later. On the other hand, being in a squad on normal tasks can also help you to learn more about OTHER classes which is just as important. Whether you solo or you squad all the time, learn to become aware of how other classes operate as well as how mobs and bosses fight.

Boss fights and instances with squads are another means to learning about your class and how it affects others. If you have a great squad with maybe a second higher level cleric, they can guide you on what to do and not to do. That type of information is invaluable. You'll learn when to use BB, RB, IH, when to sleep and debuff, etc.

It gets pretty fantastic when later on you can solo Qingzi, FB19 bosses/full instances, Suzerix, Krixxix and even Nightspike at higher levels. That's when you can really shine and quiet all the players who insist on protecting you because you are too 'squishy' xD

Really any of the Cleric builds are able to be used for soloing PVE. (I can't comment on PVP builds because I don't do PVP at all) If you go Arcane build you'll heal a bit more, but if you learn to use macros or learn the mob you are attacking and when to heal/stack IH, you're fine :) I've found that with the build I have a lot of mobs who aren't ranged are dead before they even get to me.

I got a bit off topic there ... lol

Good luck!
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010

You still solo your own quests except for maybe a few of them.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    lol There's a Veno in my Faction who soloed from level 1 to 53ish. Did most of the bosses solo. Killed Krixxix at level 29 or so.

Cleric is Soloable. I just find it's slower to go than Venomancer is. It can get REALLY slow without a mana charm. Burning through small mana charms in a few hours, too.

You can do it. I'd say go for it. Certainly is easier soloing in the lower levels on Cleric than on Archer...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2010
    Mana charm on a cleric is not needed unless you PvP/TW (cause there you needed to even up the odds).

Few herbs make wonders, your down time is reduced to 0 =)
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    lol There's a Veno in my Faction who soloed from level 1 to 53ish. Did most of the bosses solo. Killed Krixxix at level 29 or so.

Cleric is Soloable. I just find it's slower to go than Venomancer is. It can get REALLY slow without a mana charm. Burning through small mana charms in a few hours, too.

You can do it. I'd say go for it. Certainly is easier soloing in the lower levels on Cleric than on Archer...

Krixxix the lvl 42 boss? :s
  • Nuallan - Raging Tide
    Nuallan - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    9 Mag 1 Str per 2 levels for early soloing is fine, i guess, but when you start TWing, PvPing, and doing high instances at 9x or so, the **** hp you will have by then will do you no good. You'll be an easy 2 shot for most Archers/BMs/Barbs and 3 shot for casters (with the ~3k HP w/unsharded TT90) and 3-1 GBA boss (Colluseast) will most likely one shot you even if you have plume shell on. b:shocked If you insist on having full mag for whatever reason, you have to seriously get HP/Vit mods on all of your gears and play it smart :P
  • LaLeLoo - Sanctuary
    LaLeLoo - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Clerics are great soloers :D

Do pretty high damage
    Can heal yourself
    Spam IH and you can be practically invinsible
    Buff yourself
    Have magic and physical skills
    Have purify

They are are pretty awesome.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Krixxix the lvl 42 boss? :s

It could of been a Herc Veno but that is so so.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If you insist on having full mag for whatever reason, you have to seriously get HP/Vit mods on all of your gears and play it smart

That's generally what a full magic build does...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It could of been a Herc Veno but that is so so.

oh, a veno. I thought I read cleric XD
    still, i think he meant Farng. why would a 29 want to kill Krixxixx anyway?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Try :
    1 str
    1,5 vit
    7,5 magic

every 10 free stat points aka every 2 levels.

The higher the magic = the better your Ironheart(main heal), = the better ur survivability
    The few vit will help you to survive slightly better when being ganked by more than 1 mob.

Have fun, clerics are kinda boring but amazingly overpowered with heals =)

To make it short : there is no difference in builds between a normal and a solo cleric.
    if your HP cannot keep up your IH is useless
    if your pdef cannot keep up your IH is useless
    a few VIT will not be working miracles for us, unless you are making the 'old rose build' of 100 VIT packed with pdef.

For solo-ers, focus on balancing your stats, what you lack the most. (obviously its not an elemental resist we lack) HP and pdef. Most usual IHs will do good so you dont need to have a +12 weapon. Crabmeat or HP pots are extremely useful, be versatile and not just rely on magic heals. Remember not to make yourself so packed and armoured that you take 30 min to kill a normal mob. If you are a beginner LA might be better, i say this cause at first its not easy to be paying attention 360 degrees around you while killing a mob. it will give you a tiny bit leeway being able to survive that 1hit more. (assuming its not loaded cashshop gear)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan