Random squads

vristion
vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Cleric
So last night after TW, people were spamming for a cleric in just about everything imaginable from BH to FBs to FC etc... then the all time fav. quote came "clerics are a myth"

But then again I looked at the roster, and seen we had TONs of clerics, still on even. I know most any other factions of our level has the same abundance, I also see plenty hovering around arch.

So fo just a fun poll thought I would see if we just simply save ourselves for friends/faction runs..b:laugh
Post edited by vristion on

Comments

• Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I will go on a few random squads with people I don't know. but for the most part I don't go on squads from wc unless I know them.
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Poll is Biased. I will go on random squads when my friends don't need me for anything. Should put more options... lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I take random squads mostly because I enjoy variety. Not saying I don't prefer running things with people I know, but random squads keep me on my toes and help me learn to watch out for the smallest things. If I were to run instances with only people I know, I would only learn to account for those people, and then if I was forced to do a random for whatever reason, I wouldn't be prepared.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I take random squads mostly because I enjoy variety. Not saying I don't prefer running things with people I know, but random squads keep me on my toes and help me learn to watch out for the smallest things. If I were to run instances with only people I know, I would only learn to account for those people, and then if I was forced to do a random for whatever reason, I wouldn't be prepared.

What she said.

And on other hand randoms = major fun b:laugh
    b:dirty
  • Purge - Raging Tide
    Purge - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Voted "Yes" - wouldn't say I "love them", but I've rarely had a problem being part of random squad.
  • TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I go in random squads, until it is obvious it is a fail squad. Then I leave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i Take Random Squads Mostly Because I Enjoy Variety. Not Saying I Don't Prefer Running Things With People I Know, But Random Squads Keep Me On My Toes And Help Me Learn To Watch Out For The Smallest Things. If I Were To Run Instances With Only People I Know, I Would Only Learn To Account For Those People, And Then If I Was Forced To Do A Random For Whatever Reason, I Wouldn't Be Prepared.

+1 .
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I go in random squads, until it is obvious it is a fail squad. Then I leave.

Pretty much this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • mrherriot
    mrherriot Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hey, I'm a cleric I expect to be invited to random squads. It makes life so much simpler to lvl.
  • miyago
    miyago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I very very rarely go on a random squad as a cleric. There's a high chance that you'll be the only cleric, and always a chance that you will die some time throughout the instance or whatever you're doing. As long as you don't mind sacrificing exp/res scrolls/guardian scrolls to go back to town, come back and ress others, then there's no problem. But most clerics know the above and don't really want to sacrifice their resources for random people, so they don't volunteer for random squads.

So yea, many would rather be bored than be frustrated. :P
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    For regular quest, FC, BH, someone else's FB I would join a random squad.

For mat gathering runs like TT, nirvana, world boss, etc., or my own FBs I like to go with people I know and trust.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    miyago wrote: »
    There's a high chance that you'll be the only cleric, and always a chance that you will die some time throughout the instance or whatever you're doing. As long as you don't mind sacrificing exp/res scrolls/guardian scrolls to go back to town, come back and ress others, then there's no problem. But most clerics know the above and don't really want to sacrifice their resources for random people, so they don't volunteer for random squads.

So yea, many would rather be bored than be frustrated. :P

There's always the chance to die, whether you're with people you know or not. Things happen. And if you die in a run with a random squad and you know it's not your fault, you really shouldn't go back is how I see it. There's other clerics. I would rather be playing than hanging around being picky and waiting for the 5 other people in the entire server that I trust to run with.
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
  • miyago
    miyago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    There's always the chance to die, whether you're with people you know or not. Things happen. And if you die in a run with a random squad and you know it's not your fault, you really shouldn't go back is how I see it. There's other clerics. I would rather be playing than hanging around being picky and waiting for the 5 other people in the entire server that I trust to run with.

Oh definitely, I agree with you with whole "there's always a chance of death" thing. But in general, I find that the chance of dying as a cleric is lowered with a group of people you know, because you know how your friends work (for example, you know if they accidentally draw agro and you heal them, they will stun/hit the mob before it turns to you). For some people, yes, they'd rather take the chance and get something done rather than wait for their friends. For others, they'd rather not do anything at all if their friends don't show up.
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It depends for me. For other peoples' FBs, bhs and sometimes FCC, I don't mind going with random squads, because that's how I train to be a better cleric. You never know what to expect because they're... well... random. You may get an excellent squad or you may get one full of jerks... it depends on luck in a way, but it gets a bit better at bh59 and beyond. (bh51 for me with with random squads was hell. b:surrender)

For TT and my own FBs, I always want to go with people I know or facmates. Always. Same for Delta. I try to have at least one facmate or friend in squad, since I trust them more than randoms, and it's a bit more comforting when you're with in general because there's a bit less uncertianty. Plus, facmates are usually a lot less likely to yell at you and call you fail when you make mistakes when learning a new instance.
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yes, but I do not enjoy them. It's usually BH/FB. I haven't done FCC really, so of course I ignore all the "OMG WAKE UP YOU LAZY CLERICS AND COME TO FC" shouts. Occasionally I'll join random boss/miniboss squads just to get them done since they've been in quest log for entirely too long.

I generally assume all random squads will be fail of epic proportions. If I join the squad with that mindset then I'm not as disappointed when the **** inevitably hits the fan. But I also believe all clerics should join a few random squads at the very least as they level, just so they know. You will learn a thing or two, whether it's about certain players, their play styles, or just about the game in general. It is one helluva eye-opener.

The more you know... (the smarter you are about avoiding random squads lol)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I prefer random squads; makes for good practice and you can possibly teach another cleric a thing or two (sometimes even another class if you know something they don't).

I take friends and guild members on instances I know I need something in that's rare (IE: TT3-3/ 3-2).
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Winged_Lore - Heavens Tear
    Winged_Lore - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I would do random squads, even though Im a noob and have no idea what BH etc is. 15 now, and actually got invited randomly to one when I was Lvl 4 o-o

They got mad at me and removed me, then continued to spam me for being a noob, since they invited me adn I didnt even ask to join.
  • Anfallas - Harshlands
    Anfallas - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I would do random squads, even though Im a noob and have no idea what BH etc is. 15 now, and actually got invited randomly to one when I was Lvl 4 o-o

They got mad at me and removed me, then continued to spam me for being a noob, since they invited me adn I didnt even ask to join.

that happens alot, just remind them if they're randomly squadding people, they're the noobish idiots, not you.
    And I love randomly squadding with people, you never know what kind of awesome people you'll meet. And yeah there's jerks, but you can always just pk them after its over b:chuckle

AND OMG BEST CLERIC KARMA ever!!
    Random squadded with a 73 cleric for his fb69, he had a bm that was 93 and a barb that tanked that was 8x. He asked if I wanted him to heal on pole and nob, I said sure, you can take the bm. So he (sort) of healed the BM. I check the bm's health, he's like 2-3 hits from dying, spam IH on the barb (we were on pole at the time with those damn debuffs) and I rez, heal and rebuff the BM and keep the barb alive at the same time. I said in squad chat, (as a wake up call to the cleric who was standing around doing nothing) "Sorry, I thought he was gonna heal youb:sad "
    After it was over, I apologzied to the BM in PM, so I don't embaress the lower lvl cleric, for letting him die, and he says NP, the squad breaks up to leave. The cleric comes over and tries to kill me, I turn to hit him back, and the BM runs over, and kills the cleric in two hits. I laughed my *** off for real and thanked him for defending me, awesome karma or what? b:pleased
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I would go with random not because I love them only as they provide a challenge and hopefully don't let me die.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.