We need to eliminate Mirage TW payment

hot4
hot4 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
The new TW system has been out for a while.
The gold price is still runing from 400k-450k, All the time.
I think there still too many Mirages as TW payment they NPC for coins inflat gold price.
Factions own the land should only get TW related items, like cata scrolls, Charm, tower scroll......

Maybe we should remove 10-Million Notes to see if TW payment is really the cause of High Gold Price? Or by DQ price?

What do you think?
Post edited by hot4 on

Comments

• Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    dunno with other servers. but tw mirages still sell 12k each in shop here. so not selling to npc for coin :x so definitely not giving coin to the server inflation.

gold was at 450-500k and 440 buy yesterday.. today like 440 i think.. but damn lol.. changing coins to mirages definitely didnt lower gold b:laugh
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • GreenBeans - Dreamweaver
    GreenBeans - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    in order of tw problems

NO bidding refund if bid lost > silent bidding > the crystals aren't shiny enough > castles need a revamp > mirage pay
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    On LC youd probably make more money npcing the mirages then selling them tbh b:surrender
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    hot4 wrote: »
    The new TW system has been out for a while.
    The gold price is still runing from 400k-450k, All the time.
    I think there still too many Mirages as TW payment they NPC for coins inflat gold price.
    Factions own the land should only get TW related items, like cata scrolls, Charm, tower scroll......

Maybe we should remove 10-Million Notes to see if TW payment is really the cause of High Gold Price? Or by DQ price?

What do you think?

They don't care. They'll keep their 10 million notes in because it makes them money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ... Blame GM's and DEv's.
    Fire then. Problem solve.
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=818032

Removing 10M big notes has been mentioned here several times, but frankie has compiled a TW report and should get back to everyone if there will be any changes.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    when the coral packs price was lowered, gold went over 400k. i think its around 420k but anyway, cheaper corals -> more players want to buy them -> more demand -> more people buying gold from AH -> gold price goes up. make those coral packs 1 mil and you see how gold price will go down, unless there isnt any other offers that week
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    eh i say get rid of the mirages & if we cant have the coin bck put a **** ton of tokens atleast you can make a bunch of useful items from those & im not talking about best luck i mean just the regular tokensb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=818032

Removing 10M big notes has been mentioned here several times, but frankie has compiled a TW report and should get back to everyone if there will be any changes.

Frankie did respond to this a bit back. He said they did bring up the idea of removing 10M notes from best luck rewards, the response was "Its not something the developers are interested in implementing at this time". Basically, wont ever happen, as much as it really should.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *punts the topic back to life*

FORUM JESUS TO THE RESCUE! b:pleased
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Something simple like an un-tradable event Gold charm for each participant on the winning side, along with cata and tower scrolls and some tokens of luck. Something useful that can help fund future TW's.
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    to the OP

What do you think?

10 Mil notes are something that bring them income because of the packs. The rate of getting anything else is next to nothing, so taking away the 10 mil notes will only decrease the pack sales, thus taking away from the owners of the company from making money. Ofcourse they are not going to do that, so they will continue to make up excuses to remove anything else they think can make money. This has been talked about over and over, and nothing has come of it.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Frankie did respond to this a bit back. He said they did bring up the idea of removing 10M notes from best luck rewards, the response was "Its not something the developers are interested in implementing at this time". Basically, wont ever happen, as much as it really should.
    "Developers" vicariously through the "Scrooge's Money Bin" (a.k.a. finance/accounting) department. Diving/swimming lessons every Friday -- TGIF.

As much as I laughed at how it screwed TW pay for large factions that control TW maps, it was pretty much symbolic of PW's direction over the last year, especially when they addressed the issue of coins/gold -- these were their response:

- Nirvana made tougher. Prices on uncanny/rapture went up (more the rapture)
    - TT made tougher. Prices on TT stuff, especially 99 gear and golds/greens, went skyrocketing
    - DQ prices nerfed, thanks to **** from, another game. Yeah right, earned coin worth even less.
    - TW pay nerfed, meaning less ability to pay for charms

Of course, being that the 10m note remains, it obviously means a few things:
    - Making current instances tougher
    - Making gear less easy to farm
    - Nerfing earned rewards

| |
    v v

- More reliance upon cash chopping

I'm sure they were well aware of the effects it would have, so who honestly thinks they were really looking out for players when they made these changes? It was done to add more weight to the backs of those who play a lot, didn't already have their end game stuff, and wanted to earn their **** instead of paying real life coin for it. Next up? Nerfing mob kill experience, then adding 50x to hyper requiring 20 hyper stones. The excuse: bot farmers in other versions are botting for experience.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    A well written post

I'm not trying to claim the dev team didn't do all those changes for money. Yet I think that the reason for nerfing DQ drops was to really reduce the amount of coins gold farmers get. Not to affect normal players as grinding is a sought-after element in Chinese games in Chinese market.

Let's say the price of gold in CN is around 1.5m coins per gold when adjusting the prices to our game. Ie. all gold items cost 3x as much. If you pay a gold farming company you will get more coins than if you charged ZEN.

Of course they just should've tried to combat the gold farming with bots by banning them, not reducing the direct income as it affects everyone. Whether or not this is the real reason it doesn't change the fact that nothing should've been changed in here.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    | |
    v v

- More reliance upon cash chopping

I'm sure they were well aware of the effects it would have, so who honestly thinks they were really looking out for players when they made these changes? It was done to add more weight to the backs of those who play a lot, didn't already have their end game stuff, and wanted to earn their **** instead of paying real life coin for it.

Yes, I noted this as far back as bikinis being put into the cash shop and eliminating them as a source for income. This is the first move they did that lead down to the path of making more money for them. Removing the rarity of limited mounts was another step.

Tokens from packs alone wiped out a lot more... that ruined mining mats for money. On LC, mid-mats were approaching 10k ea before tokens came out..... high mats were fetching 6k. Now I'm sure they're hovering at the 2-3k mark, with only people who need to craft actually buying.

Making 3-2 and 3-3 gold drops so hard to get that there aren't any on the open market keeps high level players from earning $20-$60 in a single drop, reducing non-cash shop end-game players from earning quick and easy money as well as making the up-and-coming end-gamers have to cash shop to chip these mats at a significantly higher price. That's actually knocking 3 birds with one proverbial stone right there. Remove high level earnings, remove the ability for lower levels to farm it, make them charge more than they would have had to pay a high level farm it for them...

Packs was a first real step in the obvious direction we're already heading... hypers compounded it. The goal is to raise players who are wiling to cash shop from level 1 all the way through end game, and they've actually succeeded rather well if you look at the newest crop of high levels.

Next up? Nerfing mob kill experience, then adding 50x to hyper requiring 20 hyper stones. The excuse: bot farmers in other versions are botting for experience.

That sounds a bit far-fetched, but I'm sure they're trying to work on something that will help level people even more quickly.

How about this: Making BH rewards hyperable. Select the option to turn in your BH, select how many hyper stones you want to turn it in with, viola... hyper stones instantly disappear, you get exp multiplied... instant money generator.
  • BuyOrSell - Dreamweaver
    BuyOrSell - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I hope new governement tax
    1) people that dont make TW pay
    2) people that make TW and die pay mirage
    3) people that make TW pay

DQ cost go to 1$ each
    Molder % go to 1/1.000.000%
    Rank IX cost +bilions
    if you ask 1 gm you pay
    if you found 1 bug you pay X2 (lol PW dont have bug...hahaha)

Politics GM says that this tax is for you

I hope that people leave this mmorpg
    b:bye
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm not trying to claim the dev team didn't do all those changes for money. Yet I think that the reason for nerfing DQ drops was to really reduce the amount of coins gold farmers get. Not to affect normal players as grinding is a sought-after element in Chinese games in Chinese market.

Let's say the price of gold in CN is around 1.5m coins per gold when adjusting the prices to our game. Ie. all gold items cost 3x as much. If you pay a gold farming company you will get more coins than if you charged ZEN.

Of course they just should've tried to combat the gold farming with bots by banning them, not reducing the direct income as it affects everyone. Whether or not this is the real reason it doesn't change the fact that nothing should've been changed in here.
    Yup, praise be to the connection between gold and coin. I worked for a competitor that did not make such a connection, and thus the market for coins was so high it helped infest the game with bots due to ppl spending rl money on it, and it being profitable. Failz.

However, I'm in doubt there were any, if not more than a couple possible bots in PWI -- given the amount of time I played this game over a pretty long span and how well I was trained to find bots, which were all too commonplace where I worked. If they knew what a bot was in PWI, they wouldn't have spent so much time extensively teleporting my veno all around the map (initially killing staunch worms with nix to level it, and someone reported me for ks'ing since I was just tabbing to worms and not paying attention to who else was around) just because I didn't respond to a GM's private message, thanks to them misspelling their own username and me not being able to PM them. The DQ issue is compounded with other ones to show that the effort invested into major changes to the game end up with a result of much more difficulty for players not cash shopping, and an extremely favorable one toward cash shopping.

This is just an opinion of mine but when they directly started putting things in the cash shop that handed you endgame gear, opposed to less-obtrusive-upon-the-game items that help someone do it themselves, is when they turned it into cash shopper heaven. Then it becomes a game that's fun for a while, then quickly becomes an exercise of sheer boredom.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This is just an opinion of mine but when they directly started putting things in the cash shop that handed you endgame gear, opposed to less-obtrusive-upon-the-game items that help someone do it themselves, is when they turned it into cash shopper heaven. Then it becomes a game that's fun for a while, then quickly becomes an exercise of sheer boredom.

Unless I'm completely wrong CN had packs (PWDB still has some of those; no tokens/gears but the high level VIT stones and TT99 gold mats on most of those) before PWI was launched. Some rumors also said that those packs were going to get introduced right at the start of this version.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So wait, everyone is a bitchy about TW pay because now they cannot afford all of their expensive potions and platinum charms?

I thought there was supposed to be a time when being charmed in TW was a luxury, not a requirement.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Itankforu - Harshlands
    Itankforu - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    They don't care. They'll keep their 10 million notes in because it makes them money.

can u give me da link to ur signature i wanna use it too ;)