Fix pk drops please <3

Comments

• Belial - Heavens Tear
    Belial - Heavens Tear Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Possible solution could be to prohibit blue names from picking up drops resulting from PK?

I'm inclined to agree with Sol though. It's sort of amusing to hear of people getting annoyed about being griefed by someone they can't retaliate against. Sounds just like my early levels in the cube b:chuckle.
  • Itankforu - Harshlands
    Itankforu - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    yes you should not fair when a barb drops his warsoul of earth and a ***** lvl 20 gets it
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    yes you should not fair when a barb drops his warsoul of earth and a ***** lvl 20 gets it

Sorry about that b:bye.

Just kidding.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Like that one noob (back in the day, well over a year ago) who got a weapon from some high level, nicely refined/sharded and all. He looked at it, couldn't equip it so he NPC'd it. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Martincho - Heavens Tear
    Martincho - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If u drop it's because u'r dumb and don't bound ur gear or buy GS and if one white time pick ur drops u will still complain, the game is like that just bound ur gear or buy GS if u don't wanna lose ur items
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If u drop it's because u'r dumb and don't bound ur gear or buy GS and if one white time pick ur drops u will still complain, the game is like that just bound ur gear or buy GS if u don't wanna lose ur items

you missed the point. The OP is pointing out that there should be a "timer" on dropped items such as those from Mobs. Instead, you get a bunch of blue named Alts camping West constantly pressing/having something heavy on Pickup.

It especially sucks for us ranged classes :[
    edited October 2010
    you missed the point. The OP is pointing out that there should be a "timer" on dropped items such as those from Mobs. Instead, you get a bunch of blue named Alts camping West constantly pressing/having something heavy on Pickup.

It especially sucks for us ranged classes :[

It's the same, the other day on HT some rich ppl drop items and the fastest one picked those items. I know that u'll be able to pick something but if u don't act fast or someone else attacks u, i don't think u'll be able to take drop and defend yourself.. it's just my thought.
  • Dark_Feather - Lost City
    Dark_Feather - Lost City Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    There is for mobs, yes. However when you kill a person PKing, there is no such timer. The loot is free for all the second it hits the ground, which is what the complaint is about.

Also, this should be in the suggestion forum.

okey dokey. then, yeah, they should do the same thing for pking......>.>
    [SIGPIC]http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/okamime/?action=view&current=colorful.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alts:
    Shiome: Psychic 2x
    Okami_Sukino: Venomancer 3x
    Ayumi_: Assassin 0x
  • _Thoren_ - Harshlands
    _Thoren_ - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    O the irony!Pkers QQing about being greifed by someone they cant get at.b:laugh
  • Fenora - Sanctuary
    Fenora - Sanctuary Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i agree something should be done, its not like some random blue name comes up and gets it, ive seen low lvl blue names camping pk areas and stalking red named ppl.

**btw GAs arent 100% ive seen several ppl with em drop items anyways
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    As a caster on both my characters, this is very annoying, and there's no excuse why it hasnt been fixed yet.

Simple fix: Add a small time limit where the drops aren't available to the public (like 1 minute). It's not like its hard to do.. since the time limit is already in game when you drop items manually from your inventory (others cant pick it up for about a minute) But for whatever reason they decided to make pk drops open for anyone to pick up.

Kinda hard for casters to run 25 meters or so to pick up loot before a nearby melee class / blue name picks it up first.
  • AnbuReject - Lost City
    AnbuReject - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    +1, and this thread has nothing to do with me qq'ing about dropping items, its about me not recieving an item for killing someone, like i killed some kid named JokeRRR dropped star axes, blue name sits there and spams pick up button no way i can get it
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    maybe it is the way it is so that my invisible sin buddy can pick up my fallen items o.0
    and maybe kill you afterwards too b:chuckle

IMO PvP just seems to be an expensive inconvenience, thats why I'm a carebearb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I agree, I am tired of losing items in pvp. I get owned many times, why do I have to lose my items? I would of restated my old archer instead of restarting if this did not happen -.-

*snicker* No comment.

my story:

So I'm hanging in SP like I usually do, patrolling the area for rednames and the like, and from time to time doing 2k BH runs. (Because if I'm tanking your BH, I better get paid for it, foo.)
    Around the time I find a nab squad to run with, in pops a Ca$hshop Venomancer with a 9x (AT THE VERY LEAST) frosty the snowman. She hits me, I defend back, she gets slightly preoccupied with the 100 BM standing across from me, I almost kick her pet's ****, and turn around to soulburn her, when she purges my white voodoo right off and scarab's me.

Needless to say, I have not only hated Ca$hshop Venomancers with a passion since, but I lost some really great gear...double pdef sharded TT 70 top...double sharded HP hat...double sharded pdef TT 70 bracers...double sharded TT 70 HP boots. >.> It was not a good day.
    Not only was I beaten senslessly twice, but I lost my gear that I was going to sell for my 80 items.

Guess who picked it up?
    -_- the five noobs in my squad.
    Did they return it?
    Hell no.
    Did I kick their arses for doing that to me, even when I tanked their bloody BH for them?

.....Oh definately.
    Did that help?
    >.> I got a few more PK kills....that's about it.

Yeah, I don't usually QQ at being PK'd, but things like THAT, I will complain about. I had intended to sell that gear off to pay for my 80 items. Now I have to farm twice as much as I would have, had those people not picked up my gear. That incident has completely changed my plans to quickly get up to Hyper levels because I no longer have the money to pay for the gear I needed.
    Farming isn't the problem for me; it's the hours more I have to spend doing the extra farming I could have avoided.

And so I agree. If bluenames can't PK, WHY should they be able to pick up items off of it?
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Poor people...

Topics that raise concern or address real problems are ignored around here , this is how "PWI rolls". NOTHING will be fixed.

/topic
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It is rather annoying. I've heard people complain a few times that they couldn't pick up an item (despite having proper space) and a blue name runs over and picks just fine.
    I actually have a problem like that on my sin. I'm in a party and I kill a monster all by my lonesome, but it says I'm unable to pickup the item but someone else in the squad can. Or after the buffer time I'm finally able to pick it up myself.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    +1 to fix this

last drop i got was taken by someone who just passedy by on his mount...b:lipcurl
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • starfever
    starfever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thieves moaning that other thieves steal 'their' drops !! Priceless!

This thread continues to provide much amusement :)
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    starfever wrote: »

Please tell me where the thieves are.

If you're white name and get 1-shot there's a 1% chance you'll drop something in your inventory. You can't drop gear, flyers, clothes, etc. If you're running around in PK areas carrying valuable stuff in your inventory, you deserve to lose it because that's just stupid.

If you get attacked, fight back, and get owned, that PKer earned any drops you were so foolish to leave them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    starfever wrote: »

How exactly is it stealing if someone drops it in pvp? I really just loveeeeeeeeeeeee ittttttttttt when people say "GIVE ME BACK MY STUFF YOU THIEF" or goes and QQs on world chat saying I stole their stuff...

Really though, blue names should have 0 ability to pick up pk drops, as they don't even have the ability to pk, so its really just ridiculous and I'd call it a bug exploit >_>
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    How exactly is it stealing if someone drops it in pvp? I really just loveeeeeeeeeeeee ittttttttttt when people say "GIVE ME BACK MY STUFF YOU THIEF" or goes and QQs on world chat saying I stole their stuff...

Really though, blue names should have 0 ability to pick up pk drops, as they don't even have the ability to pk, so its really just ridiculous and I'd call it a bug exploit >_>

Sounds like a bug to me, therefore they should be banned.

It's "To the victor goes the spoils"
    not "To the Level 20 blue-named stalker goes the spoils."
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    sounds Like A Bug To Me, Therefore They Should Be Banned.

It's "to The Victor Goes The Spoils"
    Not "to The Level 20 Blue-named Stalker Goes The Spoils."

+123723987634765232346746583765
  • _Thoren_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Leeches whining about leeches.Priceless!b:pleased
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Leeches whining about leeches.Priceless!b:pleased

Did I not already ridicule your **** post earlier?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It sounds to me like you people need to learn how to take a hit and fight from close range so you can get the drops as they fall.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It sounds to me like you people need to learn how to take a hit and fight from close range so you can get the drops as they fall.

Or this could just be fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited October 2010

Isn't you know... the whole point of a ranged class to kill from far away?
    edited October 2010
    There's nothing to fix in here, if a white name or another pk come and pick the drops everyone will still complain and come to forums saying that white players or other pk pick the drops b:sweat
  • _Thoren_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Did I not already ridicule your **** post earlier?

Nope. I believe that was someone elses post you responded to not mine.
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    There's nothing to fix in here, if a white name or another pk come and pick the drops everyone will still complain and come to forums saying that white players or other pk pick the drops b:sweat

At least you can kill the white name and continue to kill them over and over and over to get rid of them, the blue name you can't do anything about