edited October 2010
    *edited to remove flame*

As I said in first post.

/water hose
    /flame shield
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    A moderator should be able to do their JOB, regardless of their social status in the community. If they can't, then they should be fired, simple as that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • nocturnalbastard
    nocturnalbastard Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Hypnos-havent paid attention to him much.

DONT CARE

RedsRose and Airyll-attention seeking ewhoring idiots who spam nonstop stupidity.

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Troll more please.

b:bye
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    A moderator only needs to really know what to lock or what to move where, and enforce rules. It's a task even the biggest simpleton can accomplish. They get their directions from an admin/CM and follow it. Voila. That's it.

...you must actually LIKE anarchic chaos for some reason. (well, so do i, in the proper circumstances and to a point. it gets boring after a while. but i know i may be unusual in that respect.)
    You're acting as if they should know posters personally like they're your psychiatrist.

no, they needn't, and no, i don't think i'm acting like they should, either. but mods DO need to know how the people they're moderating think, feel, and react, or else their actions are bound to stir up resentment and incite revolt. mechanically enforcing checklist rules is one well-known dead certain way of doing just that.
    They do not need in any, way, shape, or form to represent the community.

agreed, which is why i said so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    A good moderator does not and should not be buddy buddy with certain forum users. It would be better for them to be anonymous instead of people even knowing who they are in game.

A good moderator goes strictly according to the rules they have been given to moderate the forum and rules are enforced equally for every user. That is where anonymity comes in. They dont have to fear a backlash because of how they moderate the forum.

That is why no way in hell should RedsRose or Airyll should ever be a mod.
    edited October 2010
    A good moderator does not and should not be buddy buddy with certain forum users. It would be better for them to be anonymous instead of people even knowing who they are in game.

A good moderator goes strictly according to the rules they have been given to moderate the forum and rules are enforced equally for every user. That is where anonymity comes in. They dont have to fear a backlash because of how they moderate the forum.

That is why no way in hell should RedsRose or Airyll should ever be a mod.

And like I said, a good moderator can do their job regardless of their status in the community. I don't know Airyll or RedsRose personally so I can't really say whether or not they could be objective enough to be a mod, but they shouldn't be ruled out just because they're well known.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    And like I said, a good moderator can do their job regardless of their status in the community. I don't know Airyll or RedsRose personally so I can't really say whether or not they could be objective enough to be a mod, but they shouldn't be ruled out just because they're well known.

No they should be ruled out for being attention seeking ewhoring spammers.
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2010

actually they should be eliminated immediately from the pool for being well known. maybe you just haven't been on enough forums to see what can happen when "popular" people become mods. i have never ever seen this situation turn out well. it goes along with the rule about not dating in the work place. both are destined to fail 99.9% of the time and friendships are lost.

the only way a popular person could mod would be to do it from an unknown alt. however, when someone has 5000 posts, you can pretty much pick up on their posting style in a matter of a few posts.
    the good Starr
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    No they should be ruled out for being attention seeking ewhoring spammers.

Can you please go troll in someone else's thread and leave this one alone. Your input is no help, and you are not contributing to the topic.

Please leave.
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    Starrr - Harshlands Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Can you please go troll in someone else's thread and leave this one alone. Your input is no help, and you are not contributing to the topic.

Please leave.

Since when is the truth a troll? Just because you do not agree with someones opinion does not make it a troll.

RedsRose and Airyll are ewhoring spammers so it was a statement of fact anyway.
    Staring at the wall is much more rewarding than playing PW.
    edited October 2010
    actually they should be eliminated immediately from the pool for being well known. maybe you just haven't been on enough forums to see what can happen when "popular" people become mods. i have never ever seen this situation turn out well. it goes along with the rule about not dating in the work place. both are destined to fail 99.9% of the time and friendships are lost.

the only way a popular person could mod would be to do it from an unknown alt. however, when someone has 5000 posts, you can pretty much pick up on their posting style in a matter of a few posts.

Um... I actually moderated on another forum for about a year and a half and I was pretty well known beforehand. It's really not that dramatic. Quite a few of my friends were troublemakers but they didn't get pissy when I had to deal with them because they were smart enough to know that that was my job and not something personal... I would hope that that would apply to the majority of the people here. And honestly, it seems like a good chunk of the people on this forum would prefer a moderator that they know and have maybe spoken to before. Who are you going to have more confidence in - someone who's been around for awhile and has demonstrated that they aren't a complete moron, or a person you've literally never seen before?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    retired, etc
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Since when is the truth a troll? Just because you do not agree with someones opinion does not make it a troll.

RedsRose and Airyll are ewhoring spammers so it was a statement of fact anyway.

And since when was flaming another person to incite anger allowed?

Oh wait, nvm. You trolls always do that.
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    @ Foxgrit QQ moarrrrrrr, i think your more of an attention seeker then them

and as for RedsRose being a mod, she's done posting on the forums she's said her goodbye's
    and even if they offered her modship im betting she would turn it down anyways
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    @ Foxgrit QQ moarrrrrrr, i think your more of an attention seeker then them

and as for RedsRose being a mod, she's done posting on the forums she's said her goodbye's
    and even if they offered her modship im betting she would turn it down anyways

She said that before claiming she would never be back. All she does is move to an alt to post.
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    edited October 2010

There is no incitement of anger intended. It is just a statement of fact.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Just want to comment on this little part here; So i can say that i've actually uninstalled the game and moved onto to something else that I can't possibly waste over $500 a month on. (Seriously....I was spending ~500 a month on PWI >.>)

God bless America
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cruelintention
    cruelintention Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *Sigh* It seems people didn't fully read the post.
    Sorry, Never read that thread before. Nor do I care enough to read the the whole of it.

Maybe people feel the same about your post ? talk about the pot calling the kettle black
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    wafflechan for moderator!
  • Itankforu - Harshlands
    Itankforu - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010

if telling the truth is trolling then most of the poeple on the forums should be banned for telling the truth.
  • Itankforu - Harshlands
    Itankforu - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Maybe people feel the same about your post ? talk about the pot calling the kettle black

+1 sorry for doubble post
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The moderator needs not be a representative of the community or whatever. People seem to think this is a democratic process. No. They don't need to represent other posters, they need to represent the company.

Fuzzy think a mod's job is to facilitate discussion on the board through enforcement of the policy set in place by the company. If thats what you mean by "represent" then ok, me agree. However, it not their place to ever speak on behalf of the company, that supposed to be the realm of the CM & GM's.

100% agree thou, it not be needed for a mod to be a representative of the community either. They simply need to be even-handed, unbias, and fair when applying the terms set forth by the company to EACH and EVERY member who chooses to post.

A mod should not be bound by the marketing/strategic/whatever the company wants, nor by some sense of loyalty or obligation to the community at large. Their only master need be the terms and conditions by which people who post have agreed to abide by. (And lets face it, they are pretty easy to follow if you even have a modicum of common sense and intelligence.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Starrr - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Fuzzy think a mod's job is to facilitate discussion on the board through enforcement of the policy set in place by the company. If thats what you mean by "represent" then ok, me agree. However, it not their place to ever speak on behalf of the company, that supposed to be the realm of the CM & GM's.

100% agree thou, it not be needed for a mod to be a representative of the community either. They simply need to be even-handed, unbias, and fair when applying the terms set forth by the company to EACH and EVERY member who chooses to post.

A mod should not be bound by the marketing/strategic/whatever the company wants, nor by some sense of loyalty or obligation to the community at large. Their only master need be the terms and conditions by which people who post have agreed to abide by. (And lets face it, they are pretty easy to follow if you even have a modicum of common sense and intelligence.)

+1 Perfect description of a moderator. Most important part in bold.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Fuzzy think a mod's job is to facilitate discussion on the board through enforcement of the policy set in place by the company.
    Yes. If by facilitate you mean by conduct previous to becoming a moderator being the standard held to their modship and not by popular vote. They indeed represent what the company has set forth in their policies for the forums because of their privileged status.
    Yes again (for the first non-bold part obviously that's the CM's job.. ), but this was iterated by me in an earlier post:
    A moderator only needs to really know what to lock or what to move where, and enforce rules. It's a task even the biggest simpleton can accomplish. They get their directions from an admin/CM and follow it. Voila. That's it.

Just in case you just were responding to that post and forgot to read the rest of the topic (which included my other responses).
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I have experience as: An admin, a mod, a super mod, etc etc.

Despite that, it would be in any forums best interest if I'm never appointed such positions. I'm VERY anti-idiot.
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:chuckle then I vote HatedSoul for General chat mod. He been hanging around arch again lately.

omg, then i need to stand in west arch again, that guy is way too fun b:laugh
    edited October 2010
    Just want to comment on this little part here; So i can say that i've actually uninstalled the game and moved onto to something else that I can't possibly waste over $500 a month on. (Seriously....I was spending ~500 a month on PWI >.>)

so, you've uninstalled the game and moved on, but you still put you application in for forum mod? seriously?

I'm sure you will take credit for single-handedly influencing forum policy over how mods are selected. don't. its happened before, see KonariRaiden's appointment. Your misguided attempt at defining how modding should be accomplished, and general fail at the game itself combined with your freely offered statement that you have uninstall-ed the game, and moved on, makes you at least the second least qualified applicant so far in a close race with Deora, who's hateful & inflammatory statements in the "kicking *** people from faction" thread clicky should be an immediate disqualification.

inflammatory points of view make you unqualified to moderate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    so, you've uninstalled the game and moved on, but you still put you application in for forum mod? seriously?

I'm sure you will take credit for single-handedly influencing forum policy over how mods are selected. don't. its happened before, see KonariRaiden's appointment. Your misguided attempt at defining how modding should be accomplished, and general fail at the game itself combined with your freely offered statement that you have uninstall-ed the game, and moved on, makes you at least the second least qualified applicant so far in a close race with Deora, who's hateful & inflammatory statements in the "kicking *** people from faction" thread clicky should be an immediate disqualification.

inflammatory points of view make you unqualified to moderate.

Please PM frankie with your concerns so he is aware of it, rather than discussing it in public. I'm sure he will investigate any queries with the applicants if you let him know.
    4. If you have a problem with one of the applicants (i.e. you don't think they'd do a good job), then what you need to do is PM me about it, explaining your argument against the player.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I notice that a few of the applicants are complete jokes.
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I notice that a few of the applicants are complete jokes.

At least people are willing to put their name forth. Regardless of whether or not you perceive them to be a joke, the simple fact that there are applicants shows that some people do care enough about the wellbeing of the community to at least try.

Me is sure Fuzzy and all the other applicants will be flamed soon enough if they do open any sort of opinion poll, but thats ok. A mod needs a thick skin anyway.

b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Please PM frankie with your concerns so he is aware of it, rather than discussing it in public. I'm sure he will investigate any queries with the applicants if you let him know.

was more calling lifehunting out for being a fraud.
    At least people are willing to put their name forth. Regardless of whether or not you perceive them to be a joke, the simple fact that there are applicants shows that some people do care enough about the wellbeing of the community to at least try.

Me is sure Fuzzy and all the other applicants will be flamed soon enough if they do open any sort of opinion poll, but thats ok. A mod needs a thick skin anyway.

b:kiss

oh hai condescending kissybear face at the end of I-wish-i-was-magichamtsa's post b:bye

how come you never talked like a hamsta wannabe when you posted on boozin?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]