Human skills worth it?

thaone08
thaone08 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Barbarian
i just started my barb (imma newb b:chuckle) and was wondering do i level my human skills or just leave them at lvl 1? so far i just have 1 tiger move but i have this pretty fun aoe skill in human form called swell, so any advice would help!
Post edited by thaone08 on

Comments

• Pint - Dreamweaver
    Pint - Dreamweaver Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Its a matter of your coin availability.

Human skills are what you will use to lvl for the most part up to lvl 40+ atleast. Goin in tiger form is really for tanking only, but at lower lvls killing things much faster is important.

I would suggest geting mighty swing, stomp of the beast as quick as you can. There not the expensive skills and you can keep them lvled up with simply grinding really. Just remember to loot every mob and sell off the stuff you dont need/want from them. Should get plenty of coin and lvl quickly this way.

Pint
  • thaone08
    thaone08 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Its a matter of your coin availability.

Human skills are what you will use to lvl for the most part up to lvl 40+ atleast. Goin in tiger form is really for tanking only, but at lower lvls killing things much faster is important.

I would suggest geting mighty swing, stomp of the beast as quick as you can. There not the expensive skills and you can keep them lvled up with simply grinding really. Just remember to loot every mob and sell off the stuff you dont need/want from them. Should get plenty of coin and lvl quickly this way.

Pint
    sweet thanks!
  • Basingeth - Lost City
    Basingeth - Lost City Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Human Skills that matter in my opinion:

Mighty Swing - Stuns
    Beast Kings Inspiration - hp buff, duh
    Strength of Titans - strength buff, enough said
    Armageddon - b:dirty
    Slam - Very handy in certain situations

Penetrate Armor - optional, can be handy in pvp

The rest don't worry about until you have extra coin laying about. This is just my opinion.
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Human Skills that matter in my opinion:

Mighty Swing - Stuns
    Beast Kings Inspiration - hp buff, duh
    Strength of Titans - strength buff, enough said
    Armageddon - b:dirty
    Slam - Very handy in certain situations

Penetrate Armor - optional, can be handy in pvp

The rest don't worry about until you have extra coin laying about. This is just my opinion.

Another handy skill for PVP (archers/BMs/Sins) and our most powerful skill other than Armageddon is Bestial Onslaught. (+30% crit for demon and NEVER misses for sage!)
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    For soloing quests, the humanoid skills I stuck with were Mighty Swing, Penetrate Armor, and Beastial Onslaught. I did not always have enough spirit to keep all those 3 skills up-to-date because <80 I had issues with spirit availability, and as my Barb is a tank first and foremost, I made sure to be up-to-date with the necessary true form skills and buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    no.. pure tiger for the win

with attached guide :P

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=542641

b:victory
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • hypertrophy
    hypertrophy Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I found out the hard way that you need to choose one or the other. They do not allow enough spirit to do both. If you try and get skills for tiger and human form, both forms will end up weak.

At level 45 I realized this and went strictly tiger and realized just how strong the tiger form gets at high level and it's not that bad. Human form will give more damage, but not if you can't keep your skills maxed at all times.

If you plan to tank at all, go pure tiger. By level 39 it will be strong enough that you won't feel like its' damage is too low any more.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I found out the hard way that you need to choose one or the other. They do not allow enough spirit to do both. If you try and get skills for tiger and human form, both forms will end up weak.

At level 45 I realized this and went strictly tiger and realized just how strong the tiger form gets at high level and it's not that bad. Human form will give more damage, but not if you can't keep your skills maxed at all times.

If you plan to tank at all, go pure tiger. By level 39 it will be strong enough that you won't feel like its' damage is too low any more.

not to mention that if you go pure human ur going to have a hell of a time trying to find a sqaud.

tiger form really isn't lacking in dd at all.

early lvl flesh ream stacks and sicne u dont have any toher chi skills u can spam that.. it also makes it so u dont miss half the time with the barb horrid accuracy.

once you get devour that incrases damage by alot and makes each flesh ream done during the devour debuff time do more damage per tick. by the time you outgrow flesh ream on mobs your lvl 60 and have sunder and spark burst +, and sunder will make you so god damn happy that u no longer need healths pots.

by 82-83 you should have maxed most of your needed skills. and can start picking up your demon/sage skill books.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sometimes I find myself not tanking due to a Psychic or other caster class tanking magic mobs or whatever else. It's not often, but it has happened. In those cases I like using my human skills, but I'm not confident enough in myself to turn on PK mode yet b:surrender. I guess you could get some of them at level one or two, but I wouldn't go much higher until you maxed your buffs and tiger skills.