FB99 SoT Glitch?

Options
Annalyse - Heavens Tear
Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
Was helping a friend with his fb99 in SoT yesterday. All went well until Torturess Venerator. The whole party was there, he tabbed the boss, we killed the boss with no deaths or d/cs... but the quest didn't complete. We all still had the quest in our list. We ran back to the bridge (heading to Abomination), crossed it; while killing a mob on the other side the quest failed. Hellfire Abomination's tabbing went fine.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I've run multiple fbs in there and never encountered this issue before.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
Post edited by Annalyse - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ive noticced, some of the higher end dungeons have random tab failures; ive had this include abomination, phlebo, and monoblot dracoboa.
  • ragenight
    ragenight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sounds normal. Welcome to PWI I guess.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I, personally have seen this happen in fb59 and fb89, as well. =/ Sucks for those coming only for the exp, but it'll make a bh squad happy someday. =P
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Meh. And here I was annoyed that some recent patch had started fb59 Gluttonix glitching again.... had no idea a whole ton of other bosses did as well. But he always fails before he dies; this was the first time I'd seen the quest just not complete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Saiyori - Dreamweaver
    Saiyori - Dreamweaver Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I had a tab failure on abomination in 89 as well. I guess it's just an ongoing glitch.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I concur on the tab failures. They often happened to me as well at Dracoboa in Abaddon and Peachblossom, as well as, some others stated, Ethereal in FB89 Brim. These are some really screwed up FB quests and I'm trying to figure out how the hell they broke it.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I concur on the tab failures. They often happened to me as well at Dracoboa in Abaddon and Peachblossom, as well as, some others stated, Ethereal in FB89 Brim. These are some really screwed up FB quests and I'm trying to figure out how the hell they broke it.

They hired new devs because the old ones needed to move on(aka quit).
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    does tabbing btwn 10-20% work in 89 like it does on glutt?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    he glitched in my fb99 sot too.
    abomination glitched in my fb89 brim
    almost at every fb89 brim i helped abomination glitched
    at the last one, fats glitched too

on the other hand, i did a couple of fb59 and glutto didnt glitch.
    maybe the bug flew away and went to other instances for a a change?

never tried the tab at 10% trick, i'll suggest it on the next run i'll do
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

It might, but the pillar is pritty damn far from the boss and there are alot of mobs in between (so you have to go hug the wall, which takes even longer, and you need to wait for the mobs to pass before you CAN hug the wall safely)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2010
    Options

That doesn't work on Glutt, what does work is not sparking. I've had a squad wait till 5%hp before tabbing before, and if there's a lot of sparking going on while fighting it still fails.

I regularly do runs where they will tab at the beginning, run the instance, no sparked attacks on Glutt, and it completes just fine. This leads me to believe that it's has nothing to do with the hp, but is exactly like when he was bugged over a year ago and it had the potential to fail when people sparked while fighting Glutt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    That doesn't work on Glutt, what does work is not sparking. I've had a squad wait till 5%hp before tabbing before, and if there's a lot of sparking going on while fighting it still fails.

I regularly do runs where they will tab at the beginning, run the instance, no sparked attacks on Glutt, and it completes just fine. This leads me to believe that it's has nothing to do with the hp, but is exactly like when he was bugged over a year ago and it had the potential to fail when people sparked while fighting Glutt.

hm, maybe some sort of hp rubberbanding?
    "his hp dropped too fast, something is wrong, quest shall not complete"
    with all those -int running around, that would explain why the high lvl instances glitch so much
  • zombiecamel
    zombiecamel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Curious. I thought that glut had been the only boss like that.
    Oh well. I'm sure they'll fix it just as soon as they stop the game from being dead.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    hm, maybe some sort of hp rubberbanding?
    "his hp dropped too fast, something is wrong, quest shall not complete"
    with all those -int running around, that would explain why the high lvl instances glitch so much

Seems like a possible explaination...Had never heard that theory before. =o

More players (myself included) should test this out and keep logs - then we could send in our findings, and maybe something can be done/fixed, if this truly is the case?
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Being that we had the Glutton bug long before the new classes were out, and even before the BH/hyper/oracle crowd, I do doubt that that has anything to do with it. What really boggles the mind is what they could have done that broke the fix that was originally put in place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miyago
    miyago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Seems like a possible explaination...Had never heard that theory before. =o

More players (myself included) should test this out and keep logs - then we could send in our findings, and maybe something can be done/fixed, if this truly is the case?

No, I used to do a lot of FBs for exp before -int was ever introduced. Gluttonix in FB59 had the chance of failing no matter what you did. I've people switch leaders back and re-tab, or tab at 10% hp, or drag it close to the pillar, or have no one attack but the tabber near the end, etc etc. Every single one of the above has the probability of failing and I've seen it fail. I don't think the bug was ever fixed. During the time the proposed "fix" was in place I still had gluttonix fail in FBs.

It's just a known bug that can sometimes happen. No biggie...you can just tab on a random boss the next time you do BH.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Are we absolutely sure that the bug was actually fixed then, though? Before recently, I had never experienced the bug, and I've been playing for about 14 months. I had run fb59 many times, before it was apparently "fixed", but I'd never experienced it until a couple of weeks ago.

ETA - aha, I be ninja'd.
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Itankforu - Harshlands
    Itankforu - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    this has happened to me on every FB up 89(excluding 89 and 69) i have a tab for wyvern glutt and brig.