taking a look at old blogs I found this

GreatStorm - Sanctuary
GreatStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 228 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=1401

THIS IS WHAT we want. Look at the comments almost ALL the comments ar replied to by the CM at the time(spoons). Frankie that is what a CM does. He talks to the community.(get it Community Manager)

Lock it

Ban me

IDC I wanted to point this out.

BTW for comparsion. look at a Frankie blog post or new article bet he never responded to a post b:surrender
Post edited by GreatStorm - Sanctuary on

Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This post was made back when the blog tool was brand new and everyone was still getting a feel for it. Soon after, the blog tool was designated for serious game-related posts only.
  • Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    This post was made back when the blog tool was brand new and everyone was still getting a feel for it. Soon after, the blog tool was designated for serious game-related posts only.

*removed*
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
    get off his case, he's already got a **** storm to deal with, he doesnt need people foolishly insulting him.
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    get off his case, he's already got a **** storm to deal with, he doesnt need people foolishly insulting him.

there is truth to this. dont know why u guys purposely make his life harder. becoming a GM can either be a fun endeavor or a horrible one depending on how the community of the game treats you. this is the kind of thing that makes GMs leave one community for another community that treats them with more respect. :s

now that i said that i bet im going to get flamed by some GM/mod hater for stating my own "personal opinion" just like the "fallen heroes" did. but im ready.
  • Google - Raging Tide
    Google - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *removed*
    You really need to be a better ninja (like Hamsta was b:shocked)

So what if it was new, if you, you know... actually talked to the community and seemed somewhat human and had a sense of humor you have no idea how much that would help.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    ntkn wrote: »
    there is truth to this. dont know why u guys purposely make his life harder. becoming a GM can either be a fun endeavor or a horrible one depending on how the community of the game treats you. this is the kind of thing that makes GMs leave one community for another community that treats them with more respect. :s

Making his life harder? This is his job... If by chance a person isn't good at their job maybe they SHOULD quit... or get fired... or change their work methods...

ROFL I just looked at that link XD

"stormhammy @ Dec 30th, 2009 8:05PM
    (O.o)' me has invaded your blogs! =D"

ROFL Hamsta haha

"eatwithspoons
    TY! I don't CARE if I am posting comments too quickly, I WORK here!"

HAHa!!! Man that blog is awsome :D Laughing my bum off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cruelintention
    cruelintention Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2010

now that i said that i bet im going to get flamed by some GM/mod hater for stating my own "personal opinion" just like the "fallen heroes" did. but im ready.

Respect is someting you earn its not a god given right
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    there is a such thing as common respect which was not shown.
    everyone was insulting them and not just talking with them.
    so was there justice? yes
    respect has to be shown by both sides not just by the mods and gms
    they are asked to keep some kind of control over us there job can be hard but by fighting against them and not working with them we are no better.
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:cry you made me just miss spoons.... jerk face...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cruelintention
    cruelintention Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    there is a such thing as common respect which was not shown.
    everyone was insulting them and not just talking with them.
    so was there justice? yes
    respect has to be shown by both sides not just by the mods and gms
    they are asked to keep some kind of control over us there job can be hard but by fighting against them and not working with them we are no better.

From what ive read common courtesy was shown by people asking for answers to questions in PM's to the CM/mods.

However from what i gather these were largely ignored .

Does ignoring a person asking you a question that you have the answer to deserve there respect ?.

Like i said respect is something you earn not something people should take for granted.

Courtesy is something everyone should show at all times even if it does mean biting your tounge.
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2010

you say this but the great majority of posters that posted on these forums in the last week has earned no respect either. infact its been quite the opposite. i dont understand that u would want people to respect u but u never showed them respect in the first place.

from day 1 no one respected the new mods nor gms with the obvious exceptions.

From what ive read common courtesy was shown by people asking for answers to questions in PM's to the CM/mods.

However from what i gather these were largely ignored .

Does ignoring a person asking you a question that you have the answer to deserve there respect ?.

Like i said respect is something you earn not something people should take for granted.

Courtesy is something everyone should show at all times even if it does mean biting your tounge

everyone one wants to ask a GM a question and everyone wants that question answered immediatly. 100+ people all PM franky at once and you guys expect immediate answers? thats pretty unfair and inconsiderate imo. you guys never take into account the amount of PMs he gets per day and only dismiss it as "frankie ignores me"

what about the people who havent been ignored and has had there PMs answered because he was able to get to those people? its just pretty inconsiderate and selfish of anyone to accuse someone of that just because there PMs havent been answered when THEY want it to be answered.

its just pure selfishness.
  • Starr - Harshlands
    Starr - Harshlands Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2010

this statement has a fault. a person in a position of authority (i.e frankie) does not have to earn your respect. you agreed to follow a certain set of rules when you signed up for this game and the forum. mods or GM s merely enforcing these rules should you break them. sort of like when i cop says put your hands up... sure you dont have to respect the autcual person but you have to respect the job they are doing.
    http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=1401

THIS IS WHAT we want. Look at the comments almost ALL the comments ar replied to by the CM at the time(spoons). Frankie that is what a CM does. He talks to the community.(get it Community Manager)

Lock it

Ban me

IDC I wanted to point this out.

BTW for comparsion. look at a Frankie blog post or new article bet he never responded to a post b:surrender

leaders have different styles. spoons went beyond his job title (imo) and really made people on the forums feel as if they mattered. frankie hasn't done that as much so people are hating on him for that. i dont think that a CM has to babysit and hold players hands as a job requirement. spoons just spoiled a lot of people and now his style is expected. how about a fresh start with a fresh look at different styles of leadership :)
    the good Starr
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    GreatStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2010

lol?

Not even my point. meant the comments.........he actually responds to people b:surrender
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    everyone one wants to ask a GM a question and everyone wants that question answered immediatly. 100+ people all PM franky at once and you guys expect immediate answers? thats pretty unfair and inconsiderate imo. you guys never take into account the amount of PMs he gets per day and only dismiss it as "frankie ignores me"
    i think plenty of questions were asked in the stickies and look at the current situation. i bet there are even less answers to pm's
    leaders have different styles. spoons went beyond his job title (imo) and really made people on the forums feel as if they mattered. frankie hasn't done that as much so people are hating on him for that. i dont think that a CM has to babysit and hold players hands as a job requirement. spoons just spoiled a lot of people and now his style is expected. how about a fresh start with a fresh look at different styles of leadership :)

on many other game boards, gm's usually try to 'work' with people not against them or keep them in dark.
    plenty of unanswered questions and strange things is happening lately imo
  • Itankforu - Harshlands
    Itankforu - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    you say this but the great majority of posters that posted on these forums in the last week has earned no respect either. infact its been quite the opposite. i dont understand that u would want people to respect u but u never showed them respect in the first place.

from day 1 no one respected the new mods nor gms with the obvious exceptions.

what about the people who havent been ignored and has had there PMs answered because he was able to get to those people? its just pretty inconsiderate and selfish of anyone to accuse someone of that just because there PMs havent been answered when THEY want it to be answered.

its just pure selfishness.
    i like how the other guy said respect is earned not a god given right.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    this statement has a fault. a person in a position of authority (i.e frankie) does not have to earn your respect. you agreed to follow a certain set of rules when you signed up for this game and the forum. mods or GM s merely enforcing these rules should you break them. sort of like when i cop says put your hands up... sure you dont have to respect the autcual person but you have to respect the job they are doing. :)
    I do not remember almost any negativity when Frankie 1st started here... -minus the usual "QQwheredidspoonzgo". I remember the welcoming thread with lots of hi-s & good luck wishes. People weren't behaving like they are now on the forums after he started working...

He had time to earn respect or maintain that which he had been given by his authority... But for some reason he doesn't have any *[points to forums*.

He is a CM AKA Community Manager AKA supposed to manage the community... Now let's look at the community from when he started till now... My biased evaluation of his work is... meh you get. Not gona bother posting since the patrol will be on it in a minute closing another thread.

Yes, part of the stir were the current changes to the game that are not his fault... But a lot of negativity came also from what he himself conveyed on the forums or how he managed them...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Actually, Frankie, this is how a CM should act. If you'd be willing to appoint an appropriate number of staff to handle the little things, you might actually have time to interact with the community like you should have from the beginning. :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GreenBeans - Dreamweaver
    GreenBeans - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:cry You Made Me Just Miss Spoons.... Jerk Face...

+1000