Fist Archer Build idea

Options
Drsok - Harshlands
Drsok - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Archer
*******NOTE******* I do not want negative feed back on how it will suck unless you test it your self.

Ok i think i found a way for an archer to out put just about even more dps then a fist bm or a sin but im not 100%. I need an sage archer lvl 100, one that will test this build both pvp and pve.

Basicaly this is how it works i found out with interval claws and interval gear an archer can reach 5aps(attacks per secound) with out demon spark. So if you where a sage you would hit harder and still have the 5 aps.

I want some archer to test this for me to see how this build will work. If i get a positive responce this could be a new build to try.

If your intrested i will tell you the build:

you will need about 153 str for nirvana claws and pour the rest in to dex for high crits

Gear:

(**Note** this is gear with interval in it the part of gear i didnt mention you can put that u want there)

Wepon
Windpour-Nirvana
Chest
Armor of the demon hunter(rank gear)
Robe
Energetic robe: lunar glade
Legs
Shadow ashuras greaves
boots
TT99 Ashuras boots
Arm
TT99 Ashuras bracers

with all this gear your already at 4aps top it off with a good tome and ur at 5aps
Some good tomes are Love: up and down, The kirin, Life everlasting, and Pan Gu creator.
If you have these tomes it tops off the aps to 5 but if u cant theres 2 genie skills you can use if u wish to do so.

So once u have 5aps without demon spark you can be a sage which is more chi for sparking and deff.

Skills that are recommended:

Sage spark
Sage chi skill
Sage blazing arrow (this skill is basicly like a bm fist mastry but it dose fire dammage)
Sage wing shell (for deff skill)

If i hope this is a good build and pm me if u have any questions and in the subject refer to this topic.

Thankyou :)
Post edited by Drsok - Harshlands on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Protip: You'll never have more DPS than a 5 APS assassin.

Have fun trying to out-DPS a 5 APS sin with second recast Nirvana daggers with God of Frenzy. That's more DPH than you, more crit than you, more crit damage than you (Demon Wolf Emblem makes crits do 240% instead of 200%) and a zerk proc.

And actually, a Sage clawarcher won't hit harder, as Sage Bow Mastery does not function and both of the sparks have the same +damage%.

And btw, currently you cannot make Life Everlasting. And The Kirin has no -interval, only +vita and +damage reduction%, so that wouldn't work. The only tomes with -interval that are currently possible are Love:Up and Down and Pangu, The Creator.

And bet you'll have someone mocking your for making a fantasy build that just doesn't work.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yes, sage 5aps works just fine, and you do get your +90% damage from your fire buff though you have to switch weapons to buff yourself).

But if you want damage per second, on tough targets, I believe that Olbaze was correct that an archer can not out-dps a sufficiently rich assassin. (Their demon spark with full interval gear -- I think they need their rank 8 top also, and -0.1 interval daggers -- lets them get 5aps with daggers, which means they benefit from their dexterity bonus. And someone that rich can have good health from a full dex build, so they get the full critical hit bonus and damage bonus of a pure dps build, and they get their weapon mastery, and on top of that assassins build chi much faster than archers so they can have their triple spark ready when they enter combat, even when they killed their last opponent "too soon".)

Still.. that 90% damage bonus (on base damage -- it adds to your other bonuses) can be very noticable.
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    sin is ofc best dd.. they benefit from dexterity = get more crit rate and more dmg.. if archer went all str to benefit from claws/fists he would loose crit rate. blazing arrow does not cover it :) but archer is cheaper, and there are only a few good sins at least on sanctuary :> also sin got blood paint = better tank.. noone can beat sins in dmg done :)
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yes, sage 5aps works just fine, and you do get your +90% damage from your fire buff though you have to switch weapons to buff yourself).

But if you want damage per second, on tough targets, I believe that Olbaze was correct that an archer can not out-dps a sufficiently rich assassin. (Their demon spark with full interval gear -- I think they need their rank 8 top also, and -0.1 interval daggers -- lets them get 5aps with daggers, which means they benefit from their dexterity bonus. And someone that rich can have good health from a full dex build, so they get the full critical hit bonus and damage bonus of a pure dps build, and they get their weapon mastery, and on top of that assassins build chi much faster than archers so they can have their triple spark ready when they enter combat, even when they killed their last opponent "too soon".)

Still.. that 90% damage bonus (on base damage -- it adds to your other bonuses) can be very noticable.

Sins need Rank 8 only if they want 5 APS with a dagger that has -0.05, those mostly being Hitman Legend or a second recast Nirvana. If they go for Barrier Thorn: Nirvana, they can get 5 APS with just the Rank 4 armor.

But yes, both at 5 APS, you cannot out-DPS a sin, as they get more DPH and crit, plus they can use Power Dash or Subsea Strike and get a massive increase in their DPS. And of course, there's Wolf Emblem, which makes their crits do even more damage.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think everyone is well aware of the fact that you can never have higher dps than a sin. Even a 4.0 sin will out dps a 5.0 archers with simlar gear. But everyone doesn't wanna play a sin and they still want decent dps.

Bm with 5.0 also does way more dmg. Even a 5.0 barb does more dmg than 5.0 archers since they have 250+ strength. Even if you out damage any bow user you will always have less dps than any other 5.0 class unless you pull of some crazy strength build lol

The way i see it, they main pros for making a 5.0 archers is that its cheaper than for other classes, at least as demon. You dont even need nirvana pants or tome to reach 3.33 unsparked if you have rank5 top.

Archer is still the only class that can be sage 5.0 tho, or until they make the 0.1 interval cape available. But even with 25% reduction from sage spark you still cant get BP for tanking, so yeah developers hates archers and wants us all to re-roll sin or go die.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Archer is still the only class that can be sage 5.0 tho, or until they make the 0.1 interval cape available. But even with 25% reduction from sage spark you still cant get BP for tanking, so yeah developers hates archers and wants us all to re-roll sin or go die.

i am pretty sure sin can go 5aps sage too.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i am pretty sure sin can go 5aps sage too.

Only with claws or fists, can't do it with any dagger. Most you can get is 4 APS sage.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yeah technically you can of course reach 5.0 sage as sin with fists/claws. But whats the point of doing that anyway?

In terms of dps you're better of using daggers at 4.0 than fists at 5.0 as sin. You wont even have blazing arrow or poison fang for extra elemental dmg adding up for lack of fist mastery.

Not like you're gonna switch to daggers and use condensed thorn for 50% water dmg every 15 sec lol.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Bm with 5.0 also does way more dmg. Even a 5.0 barb does more dmg than 5.0 archers since they have 250+ strength.

The difference in damage between a 5.0 archer and BM isnt all that great. If the archer has +10 claws and the BM has +9 claws the archer will be tanking.

Archer technically can get 5.0 with 2nd recast Nirvana claws to have more DPS than BMs but its kinda a waste when any 5.0 dagger sin is way cheaper and does alot more damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Btw that looks like cheze's archer, just that he had Deicides/TT100 fist.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Drsok - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ok i c what u mean with the daggers but sin can only reach about 4.4 aps even with demon or but genei skill i think it is 5aps.

but i wasnt thinking as a tank or anything just a higher dps i mean our bows are one of the slowest weps in the game even with interval gear and interval bow the max i seen an archer is 1.30-1.40 with demon quickshot or genie skill. they reall need to up our bows at least 10-20 more interval.

and i figure out that archer have a heal but its kinda crappy it demon serrated arrow i guess it be good for some things

i was thinking that sage 5aps archer build would be good i mean u can still use a bow and u can have 5aps constanly and to sage spark to seems liek it would be crazy dps.

but i really need to talk to a few gms about archers and stuff

Oh and Kupuntu i only listed them because they where good you can easlily use a lovwer interval fist and still reach 5aps on an archer
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ok i c what u mean with the daggers but sin can only reach about 4.4 aps even with demon or but genei skill i think it is 5aps.

Actually, it's 5 APS with Demon, 4 APS with Sage. There is no such thing as 4.4 APS, that'd just be PWCalc rounding wrong.

To reach 5 APS with daggers, you need a total of -0.5 interval. To get it, you can use:
    Barrier Thorn - Nirvana -0.1
    TT99 Wrist + boots -0.15
    Lunar Cape -0.05
    TT99 necklace + belt -0.05
    Rank 4 armor -0.05 or Rank 8 armor -0.1
    Pan Gu, The Creator -0.05
    Shadow Ashura Greaves -0.05

5 APS Sage Clawarcher
    3.33 APS Sage Sin

Both have the same gear, same level, same refines. The Archer has 87,327 DPS, whereas the sin has 88,543 DPS. Now, I doubt I need to point out that you COULD just swap the APS to 5.0 and it'd be a Demon Sin. Then, their DPS would be 132,948, or ~52% more than the Archer.

Sorry to inform you, but your epic idea just doesn't work.
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The difference in damage between a 5.0 archer and BM isnt all that great. If the archer has +10 claws and the BM has +9 claws the archer will be tanking.

Archer technically can get 5.0 with 2nd recast Nirvana claws to have more DPS than BMs but its kinda a waste when any 5.0 dagger sin is way cheaper and does alot more damage.

why would ya waste yar $ on 2nd cast nirv claws for an archer O_o
    I understand using "lunar claws" n hh100 for PVE abuse, but if ya really thinking in gettin 2nd cast nirv claws on an archer. <.<' Wouldnt be better to reroll a BM n have a better use for them.

Whats the point in playing an archer overall o.o'

P.S. i had go claw/fist to farm my archer bow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Whats the point in playing an archer overall o.o'

Our sexyness skill is lvl11.b:cute
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    :)
    this idea isnt really new at all. and why go sage? demon spark to hit the actual 5.0 and use the genie for something more useful like EP, or frenzy, or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    true, archers look way better then sins, who look like ... ( i got one, but just cant stand looking at his movements then hes standing).. and bms, i only like bm girls, who carry around huge axes with them and look smexy b:dirty
    but archers look best in this game :)
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i was thinking bout making 5aps archer.. even got deicides during NQ.. claws bought me HS and some armor.. but one day it came to me.. i sold claws, restated to pure dex, bought acc stash stone.. created a sin.. i only need to level him to 100, and farm him daggers and rank IV..

that way i can have 2 endgame chars sharing same -int armor..
    archer for TW/delta... sin for TT/PK...
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i was thinking bout making 5aps archer..

what just 5 aps? why not 9 aps?

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d310fff6ea029878

Just activate demon spark and you are ready to go!
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    it caps at 5
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    it caps at 5

I know, it is meant to be a joke =) if 9 aps would be possible i'd roll an archer xD
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bm with 5.0 also does way more dmg. Even a 5.0 barb does more dmg than 5.0 archers since they have 250+ strength. Even if you out damage any bow user you will always have less dps than any other 5.0 class unless you pull of some crazy strength build lol

archers have a lot more dex than bms, so we have higher crit rate wich makes things a bit balanced
    at 5 aps we do a lot more dmg than a barb for that same reason
  • ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear
    ImReallyWhyt - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    cash shopper dream thread..can u take this to the cash shop section of the forums plz ty.
  • Itankforu - Harshlands
    Itankforu - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I know, it is meant to be a joke =) if 9 aps would be possible i'd roll an archer xD

why would u roll an archer and not a sin?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why would you roll a barb and not a sin? IJS
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    why would u roll an archer and not a sin?

Because there's something fishy about sins b:cute
  • Itankforu - Harshlands
    Itankforu - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Why would you roll a barb and not a sin? IJS

i didnt!
  • Anchali - Heavens Tear
    Anchali - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    so yeah developers hates archers and wants us all to re-roll sin or go die.

that.
    archer is awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    that.

Idk... archers can do quite well, in my opinion.

Except, most to be dps king paper demons and while there are some things that build excels at there are other contexts where other archer builds do better (where you have some risk of dying).

And, in most of the bad stuff people are writing about archers, everyone pretty much assumes that paper archers are the only archers.
  • Drsok - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    this idea isnt really new at all. and why go sage? demon spark to hit the actual 5.0 and use the genie for something more useful like EP, or frenzy, or something.

-_- if u read my first post i said u can reach 5aps without demon on an archer or a genie skill so it be a huge waste to go demon if ur aps is capped at 5 and ur a fist archer..

it would make more sence to add more damamge since ur caped at 5aps so sage be the way to for for a 5aps fist archer

then you could use genie skill like.....idk.......extreme poison for more dammage
  • lolsaucexd
    lolsaucexd Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=cecd6f7d72a5e14d
    you might want to restat to this instead b:bye