Visual issue at flag hill (plants)

Furries - Dreamweaver
Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Support Desk
a lot of the plants around this general area seem to do this.

it happens on every one of my chars here but as far as i can tell only around this area (flag hill)
here is a screenshot

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/9365/20100913131338.png
Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
Post edited by Furries - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• /zus - Dreamweaver45
    /zus - Dreamweaver45 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yeah , around Orchid Temple too. White plants with no details or anything.
  • Wuss - Harshlands
    Wuss - Harshlands Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    a lot of the plants around this general area seem to do this.

it happens on every one of my chars here but as far as i can tell only around this area (flag hill)
    here is a screenshot

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/9365/20100913131338.png

your graphics card is not good enough turn your vegetation and terrain down...
  • /zus - Dreamweaver47
    /zus - Dreamweaver47 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ugh, i dont think that is true. I have the same problem as him/her and i got a nvidea geForce 8800 gts 1576 mb, which is a pretty good video card
  • Vaptor - Lost City
    Vaptor - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    this game uses part of the unreal game engine the problem is any version of it developed after 2003 seems to have the same issue that was largely ignored by the game developers.
    the problem causes alot of intermittent Game lag.
    this lag gets worse when you have alot of content in your game.
    heres a link to my friends post:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=572706

incase your wondering this is part of the reason it lags so bad in arch! its not only your ping to blame.

the problem also can result in wrong files being used!b:surrender
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    it looks like your graphic card is rubber banding.. but I could be wrong
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Fallghost - Raging Tide
    Fallghost - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I had the same problem too,but the plants are white instead of black.b:surrender
    I am a guy from Romania!

This kind of players are not very common,aren't they?b:chuckle
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    this game uses part of the unreal game engine

i wish, that engine's mostly debugged by now. this game uses a proprietary engine that was developed in a bug farm by the looks of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I highly doubt it is a graphics card issue myself. My laptop uses an ATI Radeon HD 4200 and my Desktop uses an ATI Radeon HD 4750 (1 GB, PCI Express x16) and still gets this issue at those areas. AFAIK those spots are missing the texture files for everyone when viewed at max details (not an issue when turning details down though). I just shrug and move along. Had the same issue with an Nvidia 8400 GS 512 MB PCI card on the same desktop, and another fac mate of mine that runs the game on full details with her PC reports the same graphical errors there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I highly doubt it is a graphics card issue myself. My laptop uses an ATI Radeon HD 4200 and my Desktop uses an ATI Radeon HD 4750 (1 GB, PCI Express x16) and still gets this issue at those areas. AFAIK those spots are missing the texture files for everyone when viewed at max details (not an issue when turning details down though). I just shrug and move along. Had the same issue with an Nvidia 8400 GS 512 MB PCI card on the same desktop, and another fac mate of mine that runs the game on full details with her PC reports the same graphical errors there.

Thats actually 100% true... they screwed up and took out several of the dds files in trees and grasses.pck, if you happen to have an older version you could add them back to see them again but theyd probably ban you for "modifying game files" when all you are doing is fixing something the devs are to lazy to do...
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2010
    GeForce 8800GT with newest drivers and I've been seeing that for a long time. There's some down by the GraveRobber that are like that as well. A long time ago I submitted a ticket on it, got a "we'll look into it" response and never heard anything again. It's just one of the many bugs that they will likely never fix. I just ignore it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It is a known issue with both ATI and nVidia chipsets. they show up as black on one type, and white on the other.

Turn down the flowers setting to get them to disappear.

This is a known issue that was reported to the developers awhile back.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It is a known issue with both ATI and nVidia chipsets. they show up as black on one type, and white on the other.

Turn down the flowers setting to get them to disappear.

This is a known issue that was reported to the developers awhile back.

Darth are you sleepy? You are repeating yourself b:surrender