Justvwhat is going on round here?

Merenth - Archosaur
Merenth - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
Please before the flames I will inevitably be roasted over are lit, I implore you, please read the entire post.

Recently a lot of drama has occurred on this forum. Drama centered around the new mods and Frankie. It seems that everyone was angered at the job these people were doing (or not doing) for this forum. I have just one thing to say concerning the entire situation: GET OVER IT!

Let me remind all you drama kings and queens of one simple fact. PWI is just a game and as such it's forum is centered around it. The forum, like many of its kind was designed as both a place the players could give and receive game related information as well as offer us a place to converse on a myriad of topics for our own enjoyment. In my own opinion the rules for posting are clearly stated for those that care to read them. The mode and Frankie both are allowed to enforce these rules at their own discretion not any of yours.

Now I can understand and sympathize with those of you who have been here through out all the mods, cms, and problems. I completely understand were your anger is coming from. This is a forum you enjoy using and in many cases have become devoted to. Really though does perpetuating the very problems you complain about really solve anything? All the recent drama did was draw the mods attention away from what they needed to be doing. Instead of giving them a chance to begin thier work the forum immediately pounced on them for what they had only been doing for a matter of hours. Are we all children crying look at me, look at me, clambering for attention be it good or bad?

How about helping the new guys instead of roasting them. Point out to them those threads that you feel degrade this forum. Instead of bashing the new mods for not taking care of your forum help them. It is to or three.of.them to moderate every single thread in this forum meaning thy have hundreds if not thousands of discussions to read bedore they can begin to be effective. Their really is no call for lowering youraelf as you all have done recently. Ultimately the quality of this forum is in our hands as much as Frankie's, Grimm's, and Shelly's. Personally I applaud all of thier efforts at providing and managing this forum, even if at times I might shake my head in wonder at some of those efforts.

Now, I have put on my flame resistant suit so let the flames be lit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
Post edited by Merenth - Archosaur on

Comments

• Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    *waits with a giant hose* I'll spray down if the licks of flames get too heavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I don't think what's going on now is about the mods anymore. Or at least, not the two mods we have specifically. There are a few people that don't like them, but overall that's probably not why the forums are so flame-y. Actually, I don't know why people are still pissed off. Do the pissed off people know why they're pissed off? Has it just become a free-for-all to whine and moan about whatever? Hmm..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Cun - Lost City
    Cun - Lost City Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Completely agree with you.
    I don't think what's going on now is about the mods anymore. Or at least, not the two mods we have specifically. There are a few people that don't like them, but overall that's probably not why the forums are so flame-y. Actually, I don't know why people are still pissed off. Do the pissed off people know why they're pissed off? Has it just become a free-for-all to whine and moan about whatever? Hmm..
    Isn't it obvious? xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To be or not to be.
    Current Goals: none.
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    edited October 2010
    *waits with a giant hose* I'll spray down if the licks of flames get too heavy

LMAO. thank you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    edited October 2010
    I don't think Iwhat's going on now is about the mods anymore. Or at least, not the two mods we have specifically. There are a few people that don't like them, but overall that's probably not why the forums are so flame-y. Actually, I don't know why people are still pissed off. Do the pissed off people know why they're pissed off? Has it just become a free-for-all to whine and moan about whatever? Hmm..

You are correct unfortunately, which brings me back to one of my points. does perpetuating the very things they complained about really solve anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    you're welcome (:

anyways.. on topic: very educated post. I saw it from that way too. Then I started to see how the mods were acting. They really aren't good moderators, and that's just an honest opnion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Every now and then, you get someone who as a result having read a few points here and there, takes it upon themselves to post a wall of text.

Sometimes such a post would bring a fresh perspective to the chaos, other times such posts are just pretentious and uninformed.

I've already made up my mind which category this one falls under when I got up to "I implore you...", but I'll let you guys decide which one this one is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    edited October 2010
    you're welcome (:

anyways.. on topic: very educated post. I saw it from that way too. Then I started to see how the mods were acting. They really aren't good moderators, and that's just an honest opnion.

I agree they haven't done the greatest job so far, but so what? To be good at something requires experience and practice. It also.seems to me that this forum has.never heard of constructive criticism either. Obviously the new mods.need help from those who.care.about this forum more.than they need what they have received.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Merenth - Archosaur
    edited October 2010
    Every now and then, you get someone who as a result having read a few points here and there, takes it upon themselves to post a wall of text.

Sometimes such a post would bring a fresh perspective to the chaos, other times such posts are just pretentious and uninformed.

I've already made up my mind which category this one falls under when I got up to "I implore you...", but I'll let you guys decide which one this one is.

the 'I implore you" part was simply because I knew that a vast majority of posters would skip reading most of it and simply think to themselves 'FLAME ON..." However you may quantify this thread thank you for reading it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I agree they haven't done the greatest job so far, but so what? To be good at something requires experience and practice. It also.seems to me that this forum has.never heard of constructive criticism either. Obviously the new mods.need help from those who.care.about this forum more.than they need what they have received.

Uh, let's see. How many times have there been people who actually TRIED to give constructive criticism about the prices, the DQ pay, and the stupid change to TW? About ninety thousand, I'm guessing? Yeah, when people tend to refuse to listen to common sense, those trying to suggest it get pissy. It's not the forum - it's the fact that they do nothing but lock our threads and feed us lies. The only thing to do now is go burn down the company and see if they'll listen to us then.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I have just one thing to say concerning the entire situation: GET OVER IT!

What a hypocrite. Take your own advice and stop posting flame bait?

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Let me remind all you drama kings and queens of one simple fact.
    Ho hum. Another soap-box preacher here to lump everybody who complains together, then inform the uneducated masses that they are the problem.

Your argument seems to be that if people would just offer constructive criticism and advice without getting emotional, then the company would certainly reach out and meet the player-community half-way by listening to the concerns and responding to them.

I wish that were true, but it's just not. I'm not sure if it's that this company doesn't listen, doesn't care, or doesn't respond, but whichever of the 3 it is the player-base is really quite tired of being ignored. Thus, it's not really surprising things got overly-emotional, and I don't see that talking down to people and lecturing them to just "get over it" is being particularly insightful or helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    edited October 2010
    Ho hum. Another soap-box preacher here to lump everybody who complains together, then inform the uneducated masses that they are the problem.

Your argument seems to be that if people would just offer constructive criticism and advice without getting emotional, then the company would certainly reach out and meet the player-community half-way by listening to the concerns and responding to them.

I wish that were true, but it's just not. I'm not sure if it's that this company doesn't listen, doesn't care, or doesn't respond, but whichever of the 3 it is the player-base is really quite tired of being ignored. Thus, it's not really surprising things got overly-emotional, and I don't see that talking down to people and lecturing them to just "get over it" is being particularly insightful or helpful.

No my main arguement is this. iTS ALL ABOUTA FREAKING GAME STOP TAKING IT SO SERIOUSLY1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    Lenn_ - Sanctuary Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    No my main arguement is this. iTS ALL ABOUTA FREAKING GAME STOP TAKING IT SO SERIOUSLY1
    obviously, you know little about what's going on. you are in no room to judge, or demand how people react and or behave during this situation. given their anger is justified; they may be taking it a bit out of hand right now, but theyre fully within their right to be angry.

over the last year, these forums have recieved neglect, and little to no concern in moderation and/or what the player base is opinionated in. over the past week, there has been inconsistancies in punishment, that are ludicrious. players expressing civil opinions recieving bans, while people who flame at the mouth continue to post, leaving vulgar and offensive threads about. one of these offensive threads went on for 4 hours and 106 PAGES.

then there are these new moderators. they have not made the most judicious decisions over their short run in power. this as well has caused much dissent amongst the ranks. we need somewhat more experienced moderation, and at least one member in the US time zone to prevent threads like the one mentioned above.

read the last section of warrenwolfy's post:
    "I wish that were true, but it's just not. I'm not sure if it's that this company doesn't listen, doesn't care, or doesn't respond, but whichever of the 3 it is the player-base is really quite tired of being ignored. Thus, it's not really surprising things got overly-emotional, and I don't see that talking down to people and lecturing them to just "get over it" is being particularly insightful or helpful."

next time you wish to condescend to players, about a matter you are completely uneducated in, do it on your main so you can be chastized properly. its 'not about a freaking game,' its about gross neglect finally breaking a straw on the camels back. some of us pay great amounts of cash, only to see our concerns go unwarranted. take that one into consideration.
    edited October 2010
    So stop shouting. And if it's not important to you, then why are you getting involved?

I'm pretty laid back and tend to laugh off pretty much anything that happens with the game, but I'm not so completely full of myself that I would expect everybody else to have the same attitude as me. I know I'm a casual player, and I also know I haven't invested that much time, effort, or money into the game, so it's easy for me to remain aloof.

However, many people spend hundreds of dollars and countless hours of their lives playing this game, so it's not surprising they might eventually get overly-emotional when month after month goes by and they can't get a straight answers out of the company.

Of course, that's when the self-righteous know-it-alls show up and start criticizing these kinds of players and lecturing them about how it's just a game and all, which is funny, because it's primarily these kinds of dedicated players who are responsible for keeping the game free-to-play for the rest of us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Criminal - Raging Tide
    Criminal - Raging Tide Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Expect this to be on Lower Deph's soon. Even if there is nothing wrong with it, it will end up there. Pro modsb:cute

Game is dead. IJS
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987015&dateline=1276198884[/SIGPIC]

No pride, No shame. Thats the name of the game.

Retired troll and bowbarian of infamu.
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Expect this to be on Lower Deph's soon. Even if there is nothing wrong with it, it will end up there. Pro modsb:cute

Game is dead. IJS
    say it all you want, the game's alive and kicking. its the forums that are dead.
  • Criminal - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    I played enough to know the difference between when it was alive and when its dead.
    Go player info peeps around archo. See how many non CSers u find.

Go go flames.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9020987015&dateline=1276198884[/SIGPIC]

edited October 2010
    I played enough to know the difference between when it was alive and when its dead.
    Go player info peeps around archo. See how many non CSers u find.
    Wait, I'm confused.b:puzzled

I always thought:
    - Lots of CS =
    - Lots of income =
    - Game is doing very well.

Is your argument:
    - Lots of CS =
    - Lots of income =
    - ???
    - Game is dead

If so, what's step 3?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    let me guess, none? doesnt that mean tons of people are pumping money into the game, therefore keeping the game -alive?-
  • Criminal - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Your definition of an alive game is different from mine.

Your definition of an alive game is that the GMs are still getting their pockets filled.

While mine is big numbers of players having fun and having an almost "fair" gameplay.

IKR

• Lenn_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010

Your definition of an alive game is that the GMs are still getting their pockets filled.

While mine is big numbers of players having fun and having an almost "fair" gameplay.

IKR
    my definition of alive is people playing the game. your definition will never exist in a F2P world therefore every game woulld be dead.
  • Criminal - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    You seem to try getting a comeback for every single post. Thats what i do not you.b:sad
    I never said CSing is badb:cute

Also like the thread. Who can make me our fallen heroes sigb:dirty

• Ballistixz - Heavens Tear
    Ballistixz - Heavens Tear Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited October 2010

IKR

idk bro, people are having alot of fun with the CS and gameplay.

if they wasnt having fun, i doubt they would spend money on the game. i still see massive groups of people outside of arch chit chatting and dueling/pking and having plenty of fun. i also see so many cat shops in arch that it becomes slightly laggy. not to mention the piles of people stacked up at the AH. also people are still TWing and TTing despite all the hate for it right now. so by your own definition, the game is alive.