you have to be trolling

Options

Comments

• Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *looks under the bed and in the closet* they're not hiding in there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    *looks under the bed and in the closet* they're not hiding in there

-calls ghostbusters-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ur funny b:chuckle

• GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    GreatStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ask ur self this....If it wasnt true why was my posts about it deleted? why was the SS deleted?
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ur funny b:chuckle
    ty
    Ask ur self this....If it wasnt true why was my posts about it deleted? why was the SS deleted?

you got a good point i guess i'll 95% believe that its true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Axelire - Heavens Tear
    Axelire - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not saying it happened or it didn't happen, but the only form of proof that would be hard to dispute is if Aryannamage herself verified this. Any SS or log can be edited. Although I'm sure there are people who, if you posted the SS or log, would run a whole marathon with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Okay well 10 pages later I doubt anyone is still on topic.... but I'm pretty sure either Spoons or Frankie said it wasn't against the rules to talk about other PWE games here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    You know the forums have pms too?

So frankie why delete my posts if it is not true....ask urself that

Not convinced. It wasn't any proof. It's just a picture of ingame whispers with all the names blacked out asking for confirmation that Ary was asked to leave. In other words, it isn't directly from Ary herself. It's hearsay. If you want to see the so-called "proof", I can give you the link and you be the judge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Not convinced. It wasn't any proof. It's just a picture of ingame whispers with all the names blacked out asking for confirmation that Ary was asked to leave. In other words, it isn't directly from Ary herself. It's hearsay. If you want to see the so-called "proof", I can give you the link and you be the judge.

give it here :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    give it here :P

Send me a forum PM and I'll reply. I don't know how to PM people. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Send me a forum PM and I'll reply. I don't know how to PM people. b:pleased

A talking panda that doens't know how to pm o.0 what has this world come to (jk). xD ok let me pm you

(sorry for double posting) ohhhh already saw that photo xD i commented on like 2 pages before i think on it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    oh was it the one that got deleted? the one of the blacked out named pm's?

• Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I will not quit. Good day. b:bye

That's the right attitude. Don't bend over backwards for a bunch of idiots.
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Options
    oh was it the one that got deleted? the one of the blacked out named pm's?

yup and i see you shelly editing my posts :O (ty really)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    i see... Shelly why do it privately? there are some threads that really need to moved, if u could plz get on that, but make sure you reply first.

• Tamias - Archosaur
    Tamias - Archosaur Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Let's see:
    1. If the mods move/lock a thread with a specific reason as to why they've done so - its not satisfactory and you open x number of topics about that for us to move and lock.
      When the reply's are short and/or threads are locked when the reason wasn't evident then people will make threads question why it was locked (considering the fact that you can't post in locked threads ><)
    2. If the mods move/lock a thread without giving a reason - its not satisfactory and you open x number of topics about that for us to move and lock.
      Again, when there's no justification or it becomes a selective process, people will question it and bring it up. Its a consistency issue.
    3. If the mods don't move or lock a thread that you specifically created so we do so - its not satisfactory and you open x number of topics about that for us to move and lock.
      Because it does reflect poorly and shows a lack of consistency-if you're going to lock/move any threads of one kind you should be sure to do that to all of them.
    4. If they move and lock that said thread - its not satisfactory and you open x number of topics about that for us to move and lock.
      See above.

So since there's no pleasing you, what is the course of action that you see as fitting? Because in all honest, I hate to see active people leaving or getting banned for any reason and as a mod I want to work with you and not against you. At the current state, its impossible to do it and you're well aware of it.

The community stated they're well aware of the forum rules yet make no attempt or effort of following them. Some reactions the past few days have been either way out of line or right at point. I'm simply a mod, I volunteer here and can't and won't be here 24/7 to stand in awe to your demands. I'm just as a PWI player as you are, which is why I've taken to position of being a mod here. You may not know me, but you sure don't even try. Let's calm the spirits down a bit so we can prove ourselves to you - at the current state, its not at all possible.

A "mighty than thou" attitude that some people are getting is what is ticking them off. And the fact that its an "out of the blue" promotion and especially when you are to be a mod on FW forums (or wait am I not allowed to say that O__o cause Im not supposed to discuss any PWE related games in the inappropriate forums ;-;) makes the eyebrow raise farther. It's okay if you were a regular forum face or even semi regular, but you're going to be spread thin on 2 different forums with 2 completely different sets of content and issues...I'd say stick with one of the other. It's not so much that fact that we don't want you to try-but when you don't practice a consistent way of doing things you'll get said threads that you'll have to "lock and move away"
    I already explained what the meaning of the post was, and many other users explained it themselves to those who decided to take it as an example to show what a horrible person and moderator I am. But since this needs further explaining - I meant that I respect those who don't approve of our being here and that it won't get in the way of me or my fellow moderator doing what we were brought for. The forums have been left out for long, and we're here to change that.

I will not quit. Good day. b:bye

Do note however that people will question your actions and first impressions will severely hamper your cause. "What had needed to been done a while ago" is still a constant, but always being positive, not I guess "snooty"? (again I'm merely saying impressions that people might get b:surrender) And that last line...I just...don't even know what to say. So many things, such a better tone could have been set. It could have been a "I'm not giving up on you guys, things will get better as we swing into motion. Hope to see you all later" :3
    she also states in a future post from there

"I know this community, I know the people" She never posted in these forums till she was made a mod. but that is all I am gonna debate over PM me and I will talk more to sick to debate today xP

Why in god green earth did frankie ask arry to leave.....

Now I think this is the lurking thing Frankie replied to in another thread. And what I said about lurking is what I'll say here (because I'm assuming that Shelly of the 2 new mods was the lurker as opposed to Grim, who is known in a way to the forums. Correct me if Im wrong and show me any posts she's made her prior to a Mod and I'll retract my assumption :3 ) Lurking is a double ended sword-where you arent caught up in the messes of the forums and wont be off quoted when anything big, like a promotion, comes up. However, at the same time credibility and possible temperament is called into question as there is no posts to base an observation on. I hope this makes sense. (And this is by no means meant to be flamey this is just my observations/comments)
    Tamias-
    The Dealer at your service b:cute
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    A "mighty than thou" attitude that some people are getting is what is ticking them off. And the fact that its an "out of the blue" promotion and especially when you are to be a mod on FW forums (or wait am I not allowed to say that O__o cause Im not supposed to discuss any PWE related games in the inappropriate forums ;-;) makes the eyebrow raise farther. It's okay if you were a regular forum face or even semi regular, but you're going to be spread thin on 2 different forums with 2 completely different sets of content and issues...I'd say stick with one of the other. It's not so much that fact that we don't want you to try-but when you don't practice a consistent way of doing things you'll get said threads that you'll have to "lock and move away"

Do note however that people will question your actions and first impressions will severely hamper your cause. "What had needed to been done a while ago" is still a constant, but always being positive, not I guess "snooty"? (again I'm merely saying impressions that people might get b:surrender) And that last line...I just...don't even know what to say. So many things, such a better tone could have been set. It could have been a "I'm not giving up on you guys, things will get better as we swing into motion. Hope to see you all later" :3

Now I think this is the lurking thing Frankie replied to in another thread. And what I said about lurking is what I'll say here (because I'm assuming that Shelly of the 2 new mods was the lurker as opposed to Grim, who is known in a way to the forums. Correct me if Im wrong and show me any posts she's made her prior to a Mod and I'll retract my assumption :3 ) Lurking is a double ended sword-where you arent caught up in the messes of the forums and wont be off quoted when anything big, like a promotion, comes up. However, at the same time credibility and possible temperament is called into question as there is no posts to base an observation on. I hope this makes sense. (And this is by no means meant to be flamey this is just my observations/comments)

How can he say she is a lurker for certain? did he IP track her? If he did how does he know for certain that was her the entire time and not say a room mate or friend? You cant.
  • futuristik
    futuristik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Shelly, I just want to comment...

Never before has PWI ever discouraged or locked discussing other games of theirs in their forums. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure they would consider limited discussions of other PWI games to be promotional and free advertising.

It's fine to say that you're new and you're learning... most people here have the issue with you stating you already know us and the forums when it's pretty apparent you don't.

You say you've been around and know everything... but you're not even applying a consistency of standards that even the old moderators followed.

Another example would be to move a necro'd thread instead of locking it. Not trying to bruise your ego, I'm just saying that nobody is above making mistakes, but you started off here on a very bad tone with many people and you're still being egotistical about it. If you had approached this differently things wouldn't have blown out of control as long or as bad as they have I think.

Whatever... my .02c.
    Just read the first part of this.
    Can we say a.ion now?
    Or were you not there when **** all went down
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Itankforu - Harshlands
    Itankforu - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    judging from the posts these last few days, no one has a clue on how to mod a forum and not one person here is fit to be a mod.

all/most of the people who are/were fit to mod these forums quit so get da fak
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Sowwy, I have to respond to this.
    This thread just caught my eye.
    Let's see:
    1. If the mods move/lock a thread with a specific reason as to why they've done so - its not satisfactory and you open x number of topics about that for us to move and lock. This is satisfactory, in fact there were threads which were following forum rules just fine and have been moved/locked. (Of course there are going to be trolls, as a moderator/GM to simply dump an entirely logical and collected thread containing just a few trolls shows bad moderator skills. (*Examples: certain threads regarding annipack/TT/TW changes as well as a few of the more recent threads.*)
    2. If the mods move/lock a thread without giving a reason - its not satisfactory and you open x number of topics about that for us to move and lock. Not satisfactory due to lack of reason. (Unless it's obviously against forum rules then we, for the most part, did not require a reason.)
    3. If the mods don't move or lock a thread that you specifically created so we do so - its not satisfactory and you open x number of topics about that for us to move and lock. This was actually a recent thing although it is not satisfactory since it shows you do not care.
    4. If they move and lock that said thread - its not satisfactory and you open x number of topics about that for us to move and lock. (should be connected with the one before.)

So since there's no pleasing you, By "you" I assume you are referring to the minority troll population which you have no way of knowing as you are new to this forum.
    You are just a person, most of the people here are just people, and I am just a hamster. We all can think, reason, and feel emotions (And are for the most part equal.).
    what is the course of action that you see as fitting? Continue with your work but be more prudent in your judgment Because in all honest, I hate to see active people leaving or getting banned for any reason and as a mod I want to work with you and not against you. At the current state, its impossible to do it and you're well aware of it. Don't worry, you didn't have much to do with the current state/reason for leaving. My main reason is the administration/development of PW since my own leave is a message to PW management and the forum-goers themselves.

The community stated they're well aware of the forum rules yet make no attempt or effort of following them. You have fallen to the old human flaw of seeing only the bad the majority of the community follow the forum rules. (Even those that haven't read it since it is for the most part common decency.) Some reactions the past few days have been either way out of line or right at point. I'm simply a mod, I volunteer here and can't and won't be here 24/7 to stand in awe to your demands. If you bothered to go through the first few pages of the new mod welcome thread, you'll see we are/were well aware of that. I'm just as a PWI player as you are, which is why I've taken to position of being a mod here. You may not know me, but you sure don't even try. Let's calm the spirits down a bit so we can prove ourselves to you - at the current state, its not at all possible.<--You have given up. Never give up. Just take a break, rest, eat/sleep/drink water, etc. But never give up.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10399682&postcount=1

Also this regarding the original post:
    What the heck are you thinking Shelly? (I say "are" as your thought process have not changed yet.)
    I've been playing PWE titles for a little over a year and was recently modded both here and in PWE's upcoming title's forum - Forsaken World.

*Epic Facepaw*
    You mentioned that you play other PWE games and actually named Forsaken world then go on to close a discussion about Forsaken World? (To me, this looks like an attempt to kill off the forum and get people to move over to the FW forum.)

If you were here even 4 months ago during E3 then you would have noticed a few threads regarding FW (as PWE actually displayed that) in which even the GMs (such as kanto) would come in and chat about.

As for my own experience of the PWE games I have actually played PWI (Ban Hamster's GM summoning skill in action), Forsaken world (I happen to be quite an influential hamster), and BoI *apparently HoTK late in the future when I get back to the past or something but only to take care of something?.*)

Although spoons himself did not update the forum rules, he has stated discussion of "dead games" (like Ace online <--dead mmo game or Legend of Zelda <--console only game from long ago.) can be mentioned just fine.
    And do you honestly think "Donkey Kong" or "Pong" can't be mentioned?
    The purpose of the "no speaking of other games" is to keep people playing PWE games (Management doesn't care as long as we play and pay for PWE games.)

Concluding statements,
    1. Moderators should at least have a bit of an idea of what is going on in the place/game that they are moderating.

2. Shelly currently gives off the distinct feeling of a human child.
    Putting forth just a bit of effort and then stepping back and calling it "a try" then giving up. (Also I would suggest thinking out decisions for yourself. Even though frankie said not to touch general discussion, wouldn't you as a person think a thread with an inappropriate .gif be locked immediately? *This isn't your fault though, frankie allowed such a thing to happen, even though he's an okie guy still.*)

3. There are also more productive ways to moderate a forum without much time/effort.
    I have moderated this forum quite heavily and successfully in my own way. (And oddly enough someone call it the spoons/hamsta *now reds/hamsta* era?) o.O'

Now then Shelly.
    Cheer up, good day, good luck, and good bye.
    Change your outlook on other humans. I won't be back. (Also contemplating whether I should stop playing FW.)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options

What the heck are you thinking Shelly? (I say "are" as your thought process have not changed yet.)

*Epic Facepaw*
    You mentioned that you play other PWE games and actually named Forsaken world then go on to close a discussion about Forsaken World? (To me, this looks like an attempt to kill off the forum and get people to move over to the FW forum.)

If you were here even 4 months ago during E3 then you would have noticed a few threads regarding FW (as PWE actually displayed that) in which even the GMs (such as kanto) would come in and chat about.

As for my own experience of the PWE games I have actually played PWI (Ban Hamster's GM summoning skill in action), Forsaken world (I happen to be quite an influential hamster), and BoI *apparently HoTK late in the future when I get back to the past or something but only to take care of something?.*)

Although spoons himself did not update the forum rules, he has stated discussion of "dead games" (like Ace online <--dead mmo game or Legend of Zelda <--console only game from long ago.) can be mentioned just fine.
    The purpose of the "no speaking of other games" is to keep people playing PWE games (Management doesn't care as long as we play and pay for PWE games.)

Concluding statements,
    1. Moderators should at least have a bit of an idea of what is going on in the place/game that they are moderating.

Putting forth just a bit of effort and then stepping back and calling it "a try" then giving up. (Also I would suggest thinking out decisions for yourself. Even though frankie said not to touch general discussion, wouldn't you as a person think a thread with an inappropriate .gif be locked immediately? *This isn't your fault though, frankie allowed such a thing to happen, even though he's an okie guy still.*)

3. There are also more productive ways to moderate a forum without much time/effort.
    I have moderated this forum quite heavily and successfully in my own way. (And oddly enough someone call it the spoons/hamsta *now reds/hamsta* era?) o.O'

Now then Shelly.
    Change your outlook on other humans. I won't be back. (Also contemplating whether I should stop playing FW.)

I.......Love you...+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 internets
  • Fallghost - Raging Tide
    Fallghost - Raging Tide Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

*Epic Facepaw*

Concluding statements,

Now then Shelly.

If you will be a GOD,then I will be your first follower!b:victory
    I am a guy from Romania!

This kind of players are not very common,aren't they?b:chuckle
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Hamsta... you havent left us... completely b:thanks you are utterly and exactly right and I love you

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options

*Epic Facepaw*

Concluding statements,

Now then Shelly.

ZOMG, the Hampsta has been moved enough to speak like a human. Things must be really going to hell in a handbasket thenb:shocked
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Holy ****! How pleasantly coherent you are! :D
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Rambox - Sanctuary
    Rambox - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ZOMG, the Hampsta has been moved enough to speak like a human. Things must be really going to hell in a handbasket thenb:shocked

The end has come

No more to say

b:surrender
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Let's see:
    1. If the mods move/lock a thread with a specific reason as to why they've done so - its not satisfactory and you open x number of topics about that for us to move and lock.
    2. If the mods move/lock a thread without giving a reason - its not satisfactory and you open x number of topics about that for us to move and lock.
    3. If the mods don't move or lock a thread that you specifically created so we do so - its not satisfactory and you open x number of topics about that for us to move and lock.
    4. If they move and lock that said thread - its not satisfactory and you open x number of topics about that for us to move and lock.

So since there's no pleasing you, what is the course of action that you see as fitting? Because in all honest, I hate to see active people leaving or getting banned for any reason and as a mod I want to work with you and not against you. At the current state, its impossible to do it and you're well aware of it.

The community stated they're well aware of the forum rules yet make no attempt or effort of following them. Some reactions the past few days have been either way out of line or right at point. I'm simply a mod, I volunteer here and can't and won't be here 24/7 to stand in awe to your demands. I'm just as a PWI player as you are, which is why I've taken to position of being a mod here. You may not know me, but you sure don't even try. Let's calm the spirits down a bit so we can prove ourselves to you - at the current state, its not at all possible.

Most stupid response you can possibly make.

Newmodssuck
  • Dashiko - Sanctuary
    Dashiko - Sanctuary Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Shelly, I just want to comment...

Never before has PWI ever discouraged or locked discussing other games of theirs in their forums. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure they would consider limited discussions of other PWI games to be promotional and free advertising.

It's fine to say that you're new and you're learning... most people here have the issue with you stating you already know us and the forums when it's pretty apparent you don't.

You say you've been around and know everything... but you're not even applying a consistency of standards that even the old moderators followed.

Another example would be to move a necro'd thread instead of locking it. Not trying to bruise your ego, I'm just saying that nobody is above making mistakes, but you started off here on a very bad tone with many people and you're still being egotistical about it. If you had approached this differently things wouldn't have blown out of control as long or as bad as they have I think.

Whatever... my .02c.
    Okay my Quote link thingy wasn't working... But here is Michael_Dark Judging people lol

"but you started off here on a very bad tone with many people"

Lol he does have nerve, hiding in the dark behind a bright PC screen.

"and you're still being egotistical about it."

Lol really now?...And who is Michael_Dark?

Don't listen to this guy Shelly, Read his siggy he's here to insult you. Take it from experience.

Volume 2 coming soon. =3
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    mindless rant deleted

Read MagicHamsta's reponse to the same post, you idi.... read my sig xP

Bet you feel really stupid now. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Dashiko - Sanctuary
    Dashiko - Sanctuary Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Read MagicHamsta's reponse to the same post, you idi.... read my sig xP

Bet you feel really stupid now. lol

Pssh shush... Young one, let the smart people talk.

and i don't worship your god, MagicHamsta =3