PWI Map Expansion

Varsity - Dreamweaver
Varsity - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
perfectworlds map seems really small and I hoping that soon we can have a map expansion with some more possible tw land.

So please post if you support PWI map expansion and maybe the game designers will listent to us :)
Post edited by Varsity - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Last map expansion was in early december, they added the ancient locations and (I think) Lothranis and Momaganon.

But agreed over the whole not enough TW land thing, our maps two colours with no sign of changing anytime soon. I also support TW map resets, other versions do it, why not ours?
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • thankssir
    thankssir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'd just like to go exporling.....b:sad
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2009
    Lothranis and Momaganon have actually been in the game since release, though since you have to have completed your level 89 cultivation quest to enter it took awhile for anyone to get there.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    pw map is actually quite big for a f2p.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Last map expansion was in early december, they added the ancient locations and (I think) Lothranis and Momaganon.

But agreed over the whole not enough TW land thing, our maps two colours with no sign of changing anytime soon. I also support TW map resets, other versions do it, why not ours?

even if they added more land .. it still would be two colors lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Sharess_ - Heavens Tear
    _Sharess_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I think the map is actually pretty good sized. A mount just makes the world seem smaller. ^^

I'm all for making it bigger, though. Hopefully if we all keep supporting the game with $, the new land will come in the form of a quality expansion. ;)
  • galinaab
    galinaab Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Lawl only a map wipe would help for a little
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thanks Surtr, I wasn't sure about them. I joined shortly after the Lost Empire expansion happened. Some people have suggested keeping the map the same size but splitting territories up to add more to take(but with the same total income for all of them).

Also wondering if we'll have a map-wipe anytime in the near future, is it true that Lost Cities map got wiped before?
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Chaosvixen - Sanctuary
    Chaosvixen - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2009

Easy solution, have the "new" part of the world on the other side of the ocean, guilds on the west side cant own land on the east side of the ocean and vice versa.

Could then have the highest land owner on the West and the highest land owner on the East have some form of "special" war every two weeks where they fight for dominion over perhaps an island between the two continents?
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Thanks Surtr, I wasn't sure about them. I joined shortly after the Lost Empire expansion happened. Some people have suggested keeping the map the same size but splitting territories up to add more to take(but with the same total income for all of them).

Also wondering if we'll have a map-wipe anytime in the near future, is it true that Lost Cities map got wiped before?

No lost city tw map was never wiped or CQ would be really really mad lol.
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    There has been expansions that give new maps since release. Most people just don't know them because they aren't 90+. Old heavens tear, old ancient unicorn forest, old valley of the scarred, and I forgot what the fourth is called. To unlock them you just need to be a high level and complete cultivation quests.

Making more TW land only gives more land to whoever is in power, that is pointless.
  • joshiboi
    joshiboi Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    for a f2p the map size is nice possibly a limit to how many territorys a faction can own would make a diffrence would like to see something with groups fight for the wraiths fight for good and factions can join each of these sides abit like warhammers excellent pvp gameplay
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    There has been expansions that give new maps since release. Most people just don't know them because they aren't 90+. Old heavens tear, old ancient unicorn forest, old valley of the scarred, and I forgot what the fourth is called. To unlock them you just need to be a high level and complete cultivation quests.

Making more TW land only gives more land to whoever is in power, that is pointless.

Well on HT it would be great because so many TW factions that have land
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
    ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If you really want to keep a single (or two or three) powerful factions from owning the entire map, all you need to do is make all TW's occur at the exact same time. That way no faction could ever own more land than it could defend at once.
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crazydan - Heavens Tear
    Crazydan - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,178 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    If you really want to keep a single (or two or three) powerful factions from owning the entire map, all you need to do is make all TW's occur at the exact same time. That way no faction could ever own more land than it could defend at once.

Its very easy to control the TW times if 3 factions attack 1 faction there is like a 99.999999% chance all 3 fights will be on the same day within 9 mins of each other. Ask Enrage they r getting this treatment since the TW r so easy to control its kinda sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    That's life, nothing sad...and it makes it more fun for all not just them ;p
    b:dirty
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    pw map is actually quite big for a f2p.

This.........................
    Quit.
  • luckychris
    luckychris Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2010

where is ancient valley of th scarred
  • felweniel
    felweniel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    b:shocked the threads they be alive again ....run ppl run!
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    necro

ok Mods if you're even here, prove to us you know what you're doing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    luckychris wrote: »
    where is ancient valley of th scarred

3rd Chrono Map you need to unlock at 90+. It's a quest chain of Wraith's Ploy at 70+. A yellow cultivation you get from talking General Summer.

Btw, necro'd thread.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    GreatStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=882262

move this thread but keep a thread that was nerco'd smart move......
  • DeadSound - Lost City
    DeadSound - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    felweniel wrote: »
    b:shocked the threads they be alive again ....run ppl run!

b:scorn hmmmmm.....
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Closed for necro. Good day. b:bye
This discussion has been closed.