GM's, want forums under control?

Comments

• Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    No it's you

/sarcasm

yes they unstickied the threads cuz they never cared about our opinions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Is it me or did they un-sticky alot of threads?

Yeah basically stickies are for ''important'' stuff now.

Like facebook and core connect b:worried
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    b:thanksb:thanksb:thanks ijs

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well, thats ok, I told them to go ahead and forget about the DQ compensation, we don't want it now.....right?

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • haybails
    haybails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Is it me or did they un-sticky alot of threads?

Yeah, Frankie did explain in each of them (basically the same reasoning) but, it's too much hassle to search back a few pages... lol!
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    just where is this accusatory post anyways? is it even real, or just something someone shopped for the lols?

I quoted the screenshot a few posts above. The orignal thread I assume was deleted. If you actually check the link out, you'll understand why. Originally posted my Michael_dark on page 1. He's an idiot but doubt he'd fake it (b:kiss mikey)

Ctrl alt del and manually kill your browser and mail client if you do. It opens up 50 instances of each. You've been warned.
    really, either way, spoons sucked; quit acting like he was some godly CM. he took dvorak from us, who was far greater than spoons ever was. the forum was actually GOOD when dvorak was in charge, i dont get why you people seem to think this idiot spoons made things so golden. the dude even went as far as to insult, and curse at my woman, and all i got in return was a stupid copy paste apology.

I never did say spoons was some godly CM. He had his flaws, that's a given, but he DID emphasize with the community and that definitely scored him some brownie points with the people.

If you want to blame anyone for Dvorak getting sacked, blame PWE management. If memory serves, Dvorak was the head GM of another PWE game that died. Spoons just took the job.

I actually liked frankie until just recently.

The whole TT changes ---> "Ohai there gaiz i talked to China and they gonna remove time limit for joo" was strike one.

He said himself he hand picked the new mods, that's pretty much strike 2.

And the above quoted link is strike 1, 2 and 3 in and of itself. That's just beyond inappropriate, distasteful and downright rude.
    b:dirty
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    Krisnda - Lost City Posts: 1,465 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    W8, w8, w8? You saying that frankie said what is in your second quote? Where in the world was this from?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    - Be patient to handle all sorts of requests
    - Be level-headed to keep discussions and some petty squabbles in check.b:cool
    edited October 2010
    Bastilla said that Frankie sent him a pm of a window witha virus thingy and **** and **** like that...personally, i dont believe it

• Krisnda - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    No, i knew about that, i ment where did this:
    really, either way, spoons sucked; quit acting like he was some godly CM. he took dvorak from us, who was far greater than spoons ever was. the forum was actually GOOD when dvorak was in charge, i dont get why you people seem to think this idiot spoons made things so golden. the dude even went as far as to insult, and curse at my woman, and all i got in return was a stupid copy paste apology.
    come from?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    - Have the computer skills necessary to handle forum-related tasks (Web skills, basic programming)
    edited October 2010
    just where is this accusatory post anyways? is it even real, or just something someone shopped for the lols?

this came from a page back, Frankie never said that

• Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    it came from the fact he was a jerk. a big, nut sucking jerk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Krisnda - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    this came from a page back, Frankie never said that
    Oh... ok, thank you for clearing that up for me :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A good moderator should:
    edited October 2010
    no prob, let the record stand I'm ignoring what people say about Spoons... cuz nothing that comes from me to Spoon haters will be nice :)

• OptimusRhyme - Raging Tide
    OptimusRhyme - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    um if you remember the thread, bastilla provided the screenshot within 3 minutes of being asked for it. hardly enough tim to photoshop something in MY experience with it
  • Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I thought the GM's would have learnt their lessons by now, as this isn't the first time there has been an issue over the weekend or times where no one's at work. So now we all know the best times to break the rules and run amok without being caught and stopped for so long. I thought the money they get would be more than enough to afford a few night-shift forum and in-game administrators but noooooo....

I'm sorry GMs but although I don't approve to how the players behaved earlier, it's been a major Fail on your behalf. b:bye

(And why hasn't chaoticrampage been banned yet? He's made the most offending posts so far....)
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.
  • chaoticrampage
    chaoticrampage Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I thought the GM's would have learnt their lessons by now, as this isn't the first time there has been an issue over the weekend or times where no one's at work. So now we all know the best times to break the rules and run amok without being caught and stopped for so long. I thought the money they get would be more than enough to afford a few night-shift forum and in-game administrators but noooooo....

I'm sorry GMs but although I don't approve to how the players behaved earlier, it's been a major Fail on your behalf. b:bye

(And why hasn't chaoticrampage been banned yet? He's made the most offending posts so far....)

Honestly I'd love to know this myself. Given the 106 page thread I made I should have been banned by now. Then again many others that deserve bans haven't gotten them so... Yeah...
    edited October 2010
    Honestly I'd love to know this myself. Given the 106 page thread I made I should have been banned by now. Then again many others that deserve bans haven't gotten them so... Yeah...

i heard bastilla got a perma ban for his screenshot......
  • chaoticrampage
    chaoticrampage Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i heard bastilla got a perma ban for his screenshot......

Woo one person was banned when I know of at least 4 others that need it. Yet they're still here.
    edited October 2010
    Woo one person was banned when I know of at least 4 others that need it. Yet they're still here.

yeah man, but to my knowledge, frankie never denied the screenshot. this is what unnerves me
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Get on your knees and beg eatwithspoons to come back to fix the craptastic mess you've all started.

/my solution

Or actually find another GM like him that actually gave a **** about the playerbase.

i hated him i glad he got fired
  • gross1255
    gross1255 Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Blashpemy this is madness!
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i hated him i glad he got fired

Why did you hate him? He was like the first CM that actually listened and understood our frustration and didnt like the way the company was heading.
  • Ansei - Raging Tide
    Ansei - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Why did you hate him? He was like the first CM that actually listened and understood our frustration and didnt like the way the company was heading.

Dw, Bob. This guy spammed me when I would WC for barb + cleric for FC, and when i denied him because he wanted me to drop my DD (Whom I always ran FC with) for him to come with the "barb and cleric" he had.
    I mean literal spam. I had to blacklist him.

I can only expect hating spoons from him
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited October 2010

While I didn't care for spoons either he did at least attempt to listen on occasion.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
    edited October 2010
    Someone checked, and the screen shot was used on Microsoft Paint... doesnt that speak for itself?

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Someone checked, and the screen shot was used on Microsoft Paint... doesnt that speak for itself?

If they shopped that in MS paint then my god they're amazing.

When I SS things I ctrl+printscreen then copy and paste it to MS paint for cropping.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    oh... well... maybe he phtoshopped previously before posting the original thread. That way all he'd have to do was make the thread and pull up the pre-photoshopped SS of Frankie "Pm'ing him". I mean, he never did say "WARNING DO NOT CLICK MALICIOUS SPYWARE" now did he?

• Nakhimov - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    oh... well... maybe he phtoshopped previously before posting the original thread. That way all he'd have to do was make the thread and pull up the pre-photoshopped SS of Frankie "Pm'ing him". I mean, he never did say "WARNING DO NOT CLICK MALICIOUS SPYWARE" now did he?

Though I missed the original thread because I was at work I've heard consistently that he did indeed warn people not to click the link in the picture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    No he didnt.. cuz If he had, I wouldnt have clicked it. unless I missed something...

• Drazo - Dreamweaver
    Drazo - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,187 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Spoons once wrongly accused me of necroing a thread. He never said sorry or even "whoops, my mistake". I did reply to an already-necro'd-thread without realising it was necro'd, but I wasn't the one who necro'd it.

Frankers seems a lot more detached from the community, only seen replying to some threads he locked and the occasional sticky. Also he seems pretty incompetent now, like he's really busy doing other "more important" stuff. He's too 'in-active' these days....

Dvorak was the most fun IMO and in-touch with the community, although perhaps a little bit too immature here and there at times, but IMO was ze best.
    Non-mule characters:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]....and Drazomyst.