My sin's build, help please

Wilgefortis - Dreamweaver
Wilgefortis - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Assassin
I've been using the Pure Dex build on my sin, but now I'm finding it harder and harder to play without potions. She's lvl 55 with 9 Vit and 12 Mag (these are from equipment, both are 3 on their own). Just in your opinion if I add more into Vit and Mag will it help my regeration rate any? Or being sin will it still be slow?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, even if I just have to live off pots b:laugh
Post edited by Wilgefortis - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You should not add Vit or Mag, the regeneration speed is way too slow.

It's a fact, you'll be using lots of potions until you get a good amount of DPS and will be able to heal with Bloodpaint.

Though, you could also consider getting a Genie with Tree of Protection or Second Wind for healing purposes.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Wilgefortis - Dreamweaver
    Wilgefortis - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Alright, that's all I needed to know, good think they are just 3 on their own :3 I just find equipment with + Vit and Mag, and have a tome. I'll just keep upgrading my tomes or find a cleric hubby, LOL.

Thanks for the reply.
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Alright, that's all I needed to know, good think they are just 3 on their own :3 I just find equipment with + Vit and Mag, and have a tome. I'll just keep upgrading my tomes or find a cleric hubby, LOL.

Thanks for the reply.

Don't go for +mag you get like 1 mp/sec outside of combat for every 20 mag points
    If you really don't like your mp regen make powders with apoth or go for +mp regen gears
    Though I wouldn't do either since you shouldn't be using that much mp and in combat mode their effects get decreased to 25% of their original value
    +vit is good though since it increases your hp and therefore survivability
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    you shouldn't be using that much mp

You obviously have never taken your sin into FCC or high level TTsb:scorn
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    You obviously have never taken you sin into FCC or high level TTsb:scorn

Oh common what are you using 10-20mp pots per hour in those instances? I doubt it can be much more then 30 per hour, which is about the same I used on my old lvl 87 barb, when I was tanking TTs
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Um...I have 10 MP regen, unbuffed, from gear; I don't use pots anymoreb:laugh

And why are you now contradicting yourself? First you say we shouldn't be using that much MP, then you say we should be using 10-20 per hour...make up your mind.
    That's one pot every 3-6 minutes. If you're seriously using THAT much with a sin, you're doing something wrong.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    edited October 2010
    Um...I have 10 MP regen, unbuffed, from gear; I don't use pots anymoreb:laugh

And why are you now contradicting yourself? First you say we shouldn't be using that much MP, then you say we should be using 10-20 per hour...make up your mind.
    That's one pot every 3-6 minutes. If you're seriously using THAT much with a sin, you're doing something wrong.

well you said sins use alot of mp in higher level instances
    and 10-20 in an instance per hour isn't that much
    Compared to what magic classes use its nothing
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    well you said sins use alot of mp in higher level instances
    and 10-20 in an instance per hour isn't that much
    Compared to what magic classes use its nothing
    I use alot of MP compared to what I normally do. And I said MP, not pots.
    Furthermore, read the last sentence of my post you quoted againb:scorn
    ~Spazz~
  • Stretchlt - Harshlands
    Stretchlt - Harshlands Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I arez always MP charmed b:victory
    Too bad they don't work during duels :( those mean BMs and Barbs keep using dis MP pots thingers and do cheater things to beat me b:surrender
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I originally put 21 points into vit, and just recently removed them at 80. I've done this now, but you could do it sooner...I sacrificed dex right now to put some extra into strength to wear a good helm. It gives me about 500 extra hp. And I can refine it further for more. Alot of people will probably disagree with me doing this, they are all about the dex...but thats what I chose to do. My other gear and my tome have dex bonuses.

For MP, instead of putting points into magic why don't you use the apoth powders and stuff? Can't remember all the names right now. But there are several different types, including ones that boost HP and MP regen at the same time. Keep a stack of those on you! And keep BP up. It may not seem like much but it makes a difference. And it gets better, the higher you level on a sin the better it is.
  • Taste_of_God - Lost City
    Taste_of_God - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I've been using the Pure Dex build on my sin, but now I'm finding it harder and harder to play without potions. She's lvl 55 with 9 Vit and 12 Mag (these are from equipment, both are 3 on their own). Just in your opinion if I add more into Vit and Mag will it help my regeration rate any? Or being sin will it still be slow?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, even if I just have to live off pots b:laugh

first, do not add any vit or magic ever, gear bonus for vit and mag is ok but u shouldnt look for that kind of gear anyway, only add tiny bit of str and alot and alot of dex, most of ur points should go to dex, with 10% of ur points going to str.

if u really want to be a sin, u need to have alot of phys atk, thats all u need to worry about, the evading monsters and taking hits will come naturally depending on how much dex and damage u do.