I like it hard.

perfectpost
perfectpost Posts: 7 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm taking a glance at a lot of the beginner guides and game information threads and I'm having a little trouble picking a class.

Unlike a lot of other requests, I want to know which classes would pose a challenge. In past games, such as WoW, I opt the healer class hoping it would provide difficult leveling and somewhat of a challenge. Though, again in WoW, I regretted not choosing a rogue, as it had a difficult end game.

Anyway, I really like filling the roles that are lacking. I was wondering, what do you guys find there's never enough of? Tanks? Healers? DPS? Competent venomancers? Or other roles?
Which classes do you think provide a challenge? Both leveling and end game.
Which class is currently "nerfed" or has some stigma that wards away users? (Class or builds)
PVP is also important, as I plan on a PVP server.
Post edited by perfectpost on

Comments

• Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I came in this thread with a completely different impression of the topic. Gotta say.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • perfectpost
    edited October 2010
    You could have at least given me some information with your reply!
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Information:

Find a different game, there isn't any PvP here. The squinty people who run the game have no concept on how it works based on the latest updates.
  • perfectpost
    edited October 2010
    I was under the impression that there was open pvp on some servers, that certain zones were "safe zones" and there were scheduled confrontations over territories.

Anywho, PvP is definitely not my priority, I just like to keep it in mind when asking questions such as these. The lack thereof doesn't make my request moot.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    There is supposed to be open pvp, but thanks to the people who run the game the game is on verge of collapse, as you can probably tell in forums.

Trust me, you are better off finding a new game where the management cares about their customers.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I came in this thread with a completely different impression of the topic. Gotta say.

LOL, you're not the only oneb:shocked
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • perfectpost
    edited October 2010
    There is supposed to be open pvp, but thanks to the people who run the game the game is on verge of collapse, as you can probably tell in forums..

Not finding much around the forums as far as the game collapsing. Can you elaborate a little? And can a second party verify any of what he's saying? I find it hard to trust an open-troll.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Not finding much around the forums as far as the game collapsing. Can you elaborate a little? And can a second party verify any of what he's saying? I find it hard to trust an open-troll.

General Discussion Area.
  • perfectpost
    edited October 2010
    Holy ****. That's a lot of crying over the GM's and mods. But I don't see anything about what changed in the game to bring out all of the hate.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2010
    Holy ****. That's a lot of crying over the GM's and mods. But I don't see anything about what changed in the game to bring out all of the hate.

Anni Packs, Territory War and Twilight Temple changes were the START of it a few months ago.

Now it's the crappy administration.
  • perfectpost
    edited October 2010
    After further investigation of the matter, I've decided to cancel my installation.
  • Bowlinbob - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    You won't regret it.

I wish I never started. This game is pretty much msn instant messanger with pixel characters now.
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    X_? the game it self isn't that bad actually.
    b:dirty
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I wouldn't let the haters dissuade you from playing this game and trying it out. There's always going to be someone crying when they don't get their way. Why do people cry about nerfed drop rates and increased difficulty in TT? Well the answer is simple.. they have no patience.. they want it all and they want it NOW. This can be seen all to easily when people power level themselves to end game in just a matter of a month or so with hypers etc. There's plenty of great gear that gets snuffed by many people and it sells for dirt cheap. TW pay? Yeah I can see people being butt sore about that. They were used to getting paid millions of coins for just sitting on territories week after week after week when they were the dominant faction(s) and no one could stand up to them. My personal opinion on this? TW is supposed to be for fun.. not for being a mercenary. IMO the game was crappy when TW had coin payout since many small factions couldn't build up to become a halfway decent TW faction. Yet again, everyone wanted it all and right now so they would leave the smaller factions once they hit a certain point and go join one of the top competitors in TW. Personally as a leader of one of those smaller factions, I'm happy about the change in TW pay and I'm able to keep a larger base of higher level players that also want to TW. All it is now is a matter of getting some more levels and some more players to join us.. Then its GAME ON.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Foxxy_skai - Raging Tide
    Foxxy_skai - Raging Tide Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i started this game earlier last month.

and i like it. i have a LOT of patience, so i don't mind going through things slowly. i'm obviously a venomancer because of that. i like to solo things without the frustration of others (if i slow someone down i'd feel pretty bad).

but i recently joined a very friendly faction where we help one another ^^

haters can hate, but i won't be leaving this game anytime soon!
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I'm taking a glance at a lot of the beginner guides and game information threads and I'm having a little trouble picking a class.

Unlike a lot of other requests, I want to know which classes would pose a challenge. In past games, such as WoW, I opt the healer class hoping it would provide difficult leveling and somewhat of a challenge. Though, again in WoW, I regretted not choosing a rogue, as it had a difficult end game.

Anyway, I really like filling the roles that are lacking. I was wondering, what do you guys find there's never enough of? Tanks? Healers? DPS? Competent venomancers? Or other roles?
    Which classes do you think provide a challenge? Both leveling and end game.
    Which class is currently "nerfed" or has some stigma that wards away users? (Class or builds)
    PVP is also important, as I plan on a PVP server.

i play everv class and hard hard a class is really depends on how much coin you have.

well not psy.. a psy is so freaking easy its a joke.

wiz are preety hard imo
    assasin is risky high damage low hp
    archer is a real pain from 20-42 but then gets eaiser really fast

fist bm is hard till 60 unless you plan to spend alot of coin,

wiz are generally the least played class imo.

a psy is basicly a wizard that comes preordered with -300% channeling and free molds

but after jones blessing even wiz is rather easy
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.