Is it really that hard?

CUTEandSOFT - Lost City
CUTEandSOFT - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Chronicles
Is it really that hard to form an opposing opinion or discussion without resorting to insult, immature comments, or rude behavior? When certain players are banned for continuously insulting or disrespecting the GMs or mods, they deserve it. Yet many are mistaking their ban for a power trip of the GMs/mods. Insulting people who are just doing their job is uncalled for and in reality no one wants to take an immature or rude person seriously.
Post edited by CUTEandSOFT - Lost City on

Comments

• Themax - Heavens Tear
    Themax - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Noone takes alts with 1 post seriously, GET THE **** OUT lewl.
    Inactive on HT

Rerolled on HL
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Is it really that hard to form an opposing opinion or discussion without resorting to insult, immature comments, or rude behavior? When certain players are banned for continuously insulting or disrespecting the GMs or mods, they deserve it. Yet many are mistaking their ban for a power trip of the GMs/mods. Insulting people who are just doing their job is uncalled for and in reality no one wants to take an immature or rude person seriously.

Most of us have already tried logic without insults or disrespect to reason with the GMs and Mods.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    People already tried the mature and reasonable approach.

Guess what?

It didn't work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited October 2010

This.
    edited October 2010

Guess what?

It didn't work.

Ninja'd you b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    That's what she asked. And yes, it IS really that hard, unlike SOFT over there.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yes, it is extremely difficult.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Is it really that hard to post on your real character and in one of the eleventy billion topics on this instead of not only starting up your own lame soap box of a thread (which could have easily gone in an existing topic relating to this) but particularly hiding on an alt in the process of being so self absorbed?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    inb4 that's what she said.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited October 2010
    inb4 that's what she said.

sorry dude, someone beat you to it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited October 2010

b:sad but this is my main! b:cry Oh.. 1 post... Ok O_0

@OP: Yeah its hard, so why bother b:bye
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CUTEandSOFT - Lost City
    CUTEandSOFT - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Why do many players on this forum honor those who bash and flame other players, GMs, and mods? I understand that everyone has a negative opinion and I know reasonable argument might not work, but at least it won't get your posts deleted or have your account banned. A lot of the players are directing their hate towards some who don't deserve it.
    edited October 2010
    Why do many players on this forum honor those who bash and flame other players, GMs, and mods? I understand that everyone has a negative opinion and I know reasonable argument might not work, but at least it won't get your posts deleted or have your account banned. A lot of the players are directing their hate towards some who don't deserve it.

We "honour" them because they have the guts to say what they feel without fear of repercussions. And I will go back to one of BeingHope's posts we "cannot go up to the corporate building and tell them what is wrong" so we lash at the GM/mods
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Hokai, so obviously normal reasoning with them didn't work. They tried. Now the go nerdrage over the serious problems that are happening about the bad actions that was done against them yesterday and you say it isn't deserved. I believe that a lot of us are simply to frustrated with this to just let it drop because normal resonable arguments didn't work. Game has being going to, well, hell, for months now. Believe me, the hate rage is deserved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • GreatStorm - Sanctuary
    GreatStorm - Sanctuary Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2010

See the CM is suppose to listen to the community, Frankie doesnt. Just as a test. PM frankie and see how long it takes for him to reply if he even does. Frankie is suppose to be the guy when the majority of the community has the same question he is suppose to find the answer and tell us. He hasnt done that either. Frankie is suppose to be the GM that is more visual, well he is only here when people are being naughty. So, he doesnt do that. Community Manager doesnt equal the same as say xara or kanto. Frankie has to be MORE visual around hte community and less secretive. It is like he is wants to be a Real GM but he isnt he is the CM not a GM.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Are you stupid or a frickin' tard?

That's the damn problem, they're not doing their job properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Why do many players on this forum honor those who bash and flame other players, GMs, and mods?

The rest, I don't know, they have their own reasons. Me? 3 reasons

1. At the start, at least (before all flaming started), they made valid points, and where just ignored.

2. Some of them, even during the flaming, kept stating the same valid points, and kept being ignored (or getting their posts locked, moved or deleted).

3. They made this forums so much more fun b:pleased
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ragenight
    ragenight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Talking to them didn't work.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010

did someone leave the vacuum on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Guess what?

It didn't work.

^^ You'll get in more trouble for posting in the wrong forum, questioning a ban, naming and shaming, etc than posting 100 posts in a row of mindless insults. It's too bad that this could be a great resource of information, but instead we get recycled trolls, fail sticky advice, wanna be mods crying necro on good posts, etc.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    so much drama lol
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    is it really that hard to not necro like an idiot?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Dashiko - Sanctuary
    Dashiko - Sanctuary Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    is it really that hard to not necro like an idiot?

If he/she wants to ressurect the dead, shut up and let it be, hell if i knew i could **** people off necro-ing by threads that would be my new strategy to **** of the nerds.
  • Desire - Dreamweaver
    Desire - Dreamweaver Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    We gonna see this thread locked soon b:cute
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    A 8 day old topic... is hardly a necro, even by the standard set forth by the gms.

Sure this topic was better left... in the shadows to keep flames, etc from rising again, but meh it is still not a necro. =x

To try and answer the original poster...

Everyone has their own opinion, and mind made up when it comes to the events last week/weekend, some will be real negative about it, some rude, some as kind as possible, and some will even try to not even comment on the whole ordeal. It really is up to whoever is behind the character/computer that is sending commands from a keyboard to a forum post, to decide on what they want to put out there.

No matter how annoying it was to read all the hate comments, I can't help but sympathize with the reason behind it all, obviously the players felt under valued, unappreciated, and uncared for, which is just asking for the built up rage to burst into flames. =x

EDIT: Also... meh level doesn't mean **** to me. Sometimes the level 6x player makes a lot more sense then a 10x player of the same class. I would much rather listen to the words of someone who sounds like they know what they are doing, then someone who 'says' they have experience, but can't explain what/how they do things.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I think its very hard . . . .
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Aisubeki - Sanctuary
    Aisubeki - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    If he/she wants to ressurect the dead, shut up and let it be, hell if i knew i could **** people off necro-ing by threads that would be my new strategy to **** of the nerds.
    that goes for you too, you are quite full of nonsensical stupid posts lately yourself. when you arent insulting someone, its spam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    remember our fallen heroes
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    You realize that if you post in necro'd threads because it annoys you to see an old thread reappear, that you're actually assisting the thread in remaining around by posting in it?

ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]