Answer To: Best PvP Class

Comments

• Demon_EA - Harshlands
    Demon_EA - Harshlands Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    lol and how do you know they don't have level 100+ PVP characters also? They may just choose to be posting on a DW character.

And don't start flaming threads Demon. like i said in the other thread, you are probably already on a sticky wicket with the powers that be.

but they started it Q.Q... I'm just having a bad day today
    The one and only... demon_troll... i will be pwn when i go demon again >)
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    **** You Both Carebears!! pve SERVER NOOBS

An ignorant fool that believes PvE servers have no PvP experience. Normally I'd insult someone like you, but judging from your posts you don't need me to call you and idiot. Everybody already seems to know.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    **** You Both Carebears!! pve SERVER NOOBS

I'm oh so strongly considering rolling on your server just so I can kill you over and over.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    -Sigh-

Sins are the best pvp class with perfect gears against every other class with perfect gears. It balances out cuz they make the worse pve class in the game. Its not to say a sins unkillable. I'm sure someone who doesnt know wut their doin with perfect gears cud fail. But as far as someone who does know what their doing. Lets just say 1v1 their unstoppable.

Worst pve class?? wrong wrong wrong.....U should lvl a sin before you talk....

Lets see i have bloodpaint buff(way better than a wiz veno Psy or archer buff in a squad) will help tank/bms survival.....

I can stun lock mobs on bhs/fbs till the are dead without anyone taking a single hit(after mob dead a can fast tele and stun the other if more mobs agro

I can seal runing mobs for 9 sec(great for bhs specially the 59

If i agro a boss i can shadow escape there for cleric dont have to heal me and boss will not chasse me and no one in squad get nervous......(sometimes or many times if a DD get agro the pt gets so confuse that in the end all die)

This work if i accidentaly agro a group of mobs i can do the same and no one suffer while if its another class or the lurer dies or mobs will come to wipe all squad.

If no one has zeal genie i can agro the boss(the ones with mobs around) run a bit and shadow escape(barbtanker get boss) and the mobs will reset...

I always have chi cause of my skill meanig i always sparked to kill mobs faster making a bh run faster...

I got 2 speed skills i can get to bosses faster than most of the classes saving time....

On questing i kill 1 on 1 mobs way faster than u can(again i always have chi i there are quest i dont use a single pot)

An end game sin with lots of intervall can tank almost every bosses.......

Bad pve do you still think so????
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well I mean they make awesome dders but they're the least helpful class. I'd much rather have a veno for pulling/dding, a barb/bm for tanking, and a wizz or pyhs for dding cuz they dish out more damage and can do it from far away and ofcourse a cleric. In my opinion sins and archers make the least helpful class for pve in squad. Evasion boosts and reflect just doesn't make me as happy as a phys def buff from a bm or an hp buff from a barb. Not really including the cleric buffs that just compliment those. Sins are more suited for 1v1/pk pvp.

archers and sins can tank a lot of things at end game, sin have a realy good skill for pve that restores hp in each hit you do for bm/sin/barb i even know some people who ran a few instances without cleric just because they could get healled by sin skill, and when you be doing lots of nirvana runs, you will want more DPS (dmg per second) because you wont do 1 or 2 runs only, and the more DD faster it goes so at that point archers/sins > wiz/psy
    you will see what i mean when you run nirvana with some 5 aps archers/bms/sins
  • Demon_EA - Harshlands
    Demon_EA - Harshlands Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm oh so strongly considering rolling on your server just so I can kill you over and over.

I was kidding about pve server plz don't kill me
    The one and only... demon_troll... i will be pwn when i go demon again >)
  • Tudordan - Dreamweaver
    Tudordan - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    -Sigh-

Sins are the best pvp class with perfect gears against every other class with perfect gears. It balances out cuz they make the worse pve class in the game. Its not to say a sins unkillable. I'm sure someone who doesnt know wut their doin with perfect gears cud fail. But as far as someone who does know what their doing. Lets just say 1v1 their unstoppable.

Sins are the worst PvE class...ok,first read below:

Group PvE:

1.Sins have a squad buff [Bloodpaint,which works only on barbarians and BM],this is why sage sins are always wanted especially when it comes to demon barbs [demon true form b:dirty].Watch the barb healing himself.

2.As a sin you have tackling slash which has 9 seconds freeze time [11 with sage],use it when cleric accidentaly heal-aggro.

3.Throatcut is also usefull to let your wiz/psy/archer/cleric save distance so that the monsters will never reach your squishy party members.

4.Subsea strike is like heavens flame.If the BM is too ****** to use it,then all you need is cast subsea strike.Also did I mention both skills stack? lvl 10 HF with lvl 10 SS = defenseless [130% damage taken,can you believe this?].

5.If you have a laggy barb,then the key to intrerrupt enemy's channel is Knife Throw [especially demon version].That would save not only you but other squishyes.

ok now Solo PvE:

Want a good method to disable mobs?Headhunt => Inner Harmony => Tackling Slash => Throatcut => RDS => Spark+ =>auto attack till he's dead.

As a single attack strike we have PowerDash,which boosts our crit. 40% crit is a lot!

Against bosses and elite mobs,Focused mind is a must [even tho is a low change],because it will make the mob hit with only 1 damage.Against mobs that cast poison,bleed,slow etc.,Tidal Protection is more worth it.Tell me one class who has this survivability.Also tell me a class who has anti-death buff against those self-destruct hands in TT.

As a sin you have the wannabe-spark-potion skill called inner harmony,who can allow you to use SPARK CONSTANTLY!Don't forget about Rising Dragon Strike/Tackling Slash/Shadow Escape too.

There is no "best class" or "worst class" in this PVP,because it all comes to playstile and the knowledge of your class.

I mean,a sin with **** gear can be taken down by a pro barb,while a barb who don't know jack about his class is pwned by a pro assasin pretty fast.

About PVP I don't say nothing since you're right b:shutup
    I hate idiots,but I'm forced to stay near them!
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    so u mean psy right? I know.. they are the best pvp b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I was kidding about pve server plz don't kill me
    Roflmao.

He probably went on Tepp's profile, checked his kills, and was like 'O.O wtf' QQdon'tkillme!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jittery - Lost City
    Jittery - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I made a thread just like this before the Tideborn expansion. (Click here)

Also... Tideborns are horribly imbalanced when compared to the other classes. There's absolutely no denying that.

ok, i see this all over the forums and since no one else has i guess its up to me to put it straight. Sins by their very nature are squishy. Even crazy, epic sin with amazing crazy gear will be squishy because of their LA. you guys are absolutely correct, most of the time they get the first hit on you from stealth......SO WHAT. ever heard of domain? ever heard of domain and then last few seconds of it using a 12 second immune pot so that you can still attk but remain invincible? seriously, im not saying you are going to kill EVERY sin that trys to attk you, but there are manyyy manyyy ways around them. Seriously if i can kill most of the major cash shop sins in my server but no one else can i must be some kind of gawd or something. Ive even killed 3 10x sins at once that tried ot gank me. All had 99/nirvana gear. Sins arent tough at all. Infact i would venture to say that, with the right knowledge and quick reaction needed for pvp, they are one of the EASIEST classes to kill. As for psy's, ya they have some pretty crazy buffs. Now im not sure about you p. attking classes but for me, since im magic i just stand off at a distance and treat them like i would a mage or EP. 99% of the time i destroy psy's b4 they even tick me. And no, i dont have crazy amazing gear, i just make sure i have chi and some the right genie skills and im rdy to go. Of course you guys arent going to win EVERY fight against tideborn class in pvp, but that how it is with all classes. But to say that they are "better pvp class" is completely based on the fact that you obviously dont know how to defend/attk them in pvp. And if your on Lost City and want to try me just whisper, id be more than happy to back these words up.
  • Dashiko - Sanctuary
    Dashiko - Sanctuary Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I made a thread just like this before the Tideborn expansion. (Click here)

Also... Tideborns are horribly imbalanced when compared to the other classes. There's absolutely no denying that.

Obviously there is denying it since Theres idiots and just plain blindpeople just like to make themselves believe this game is fine and dandy with pvp. Cash shopped classes pwn anything we all agree on that unless you suck... But i agree...Tideborns (assassins) shouldn't be here. They broke the game.

/Flameshield Engaged.
  • kunk4
    kunk4 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    cashshop gear doesn't help u if u have no skills....or how would u explain that a lvl 85 veno with +1-+5 gear kills a mr8 mage?
  • Sessho - Lost City
    Sessho - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You don't need skills when u cash shop your way to the top. Now everyone just feel **** once they hear "5 aps!". There is no skills in pressing one button "auto-attack", but you will still own. I'm not here to bash cash shoppers - there are some of them who are really nice, diplomatic and know how to play, but not the ones who mostly trash talk in pvp.

Ofcs you can kill a cash shopper, but it's hard, cos well, its obvious - if u have all gear +10 with vit stones and so - its a fkn beast no matter how other would rage and be jealous.
    My characters:
    Sessho - the one i play now and probably will play in future
    Shinsen - lvl 100 BM (kinda retired)
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    ok, i see this all over the forums and since no one else has i guess its up to me to put it straight. Sins by their very nature are squishy. Even crazy, epic sin with amazing crazy gear will be squishy because of their LA. you guys are absolutely correct, most of the time they get the first hit on you from stealth......SO WHAT. ever heard of domain? ever heard of domain and then last few seconds of it using a 12 second immune pot so that you can still attk but remain invincible? seriously, im not saying you are going to kill EVERY sin that trys to attk you, but there are manyyy manyyy ways around them. Seriously if i can kill most of the major cash shop sins in my server but no one else can i must be some kind of gawd or something. Ive even killed 3 10x sins at once that tried ot gank me. All had 99/nirvana gear. Sins arent tough at all. Infact i would venture to say that, with the right knowledge and quick reaction needed for pvp, they are one of the EASIEST classes to kill. As for psy's, ya they have some pretty crazy buffs. Now im not sure about you p. attking classes but for me, since im magic i just stand off at a distance and treat them like i would a mage or EP. 99% of the time i destroy psy's b4 they even tick me. And no, i dont have crazy amazing gear, i just make sure i have chi and some the right genie skills and im rdy to go. Of course you guys arent going to win EVERY fight against tideborn class in pvp, but that how it is with all classes. But to say that they are "better pvp class" is completely based on the fact that you obviously dont know how to defend/attk them in pvp. And if your on Lost City and want to try me just whisper, id be more than happy to back these words up.

I'm not saying they're unkillable. I'm saying that with stealth, evasion buff, attack level buff, and the ability to come back from death sins have insane advantages over every other class in PvP. I've fought enough Assassins to know how to take them down but even then they're difficult.

If you Domain they simply force stealth then attack you again while it's on cooldown, if you use protection skills it's the same story. Even if you've been able to kill them that doesn't change the fact that they're overpowered. I've killed Assassins as have many others, but there is no denying the fact that they have massive advantages over other classes.

Also.. could you please organize your post next time? That wall of text was a pain to read through.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The classes all would be balanced it there were not tideborn

because it seemed like every class had 1 class that was easy kill and 1 class that was really hard leaving the remaining class in a neutral area. But if you look at psy and sins skill trees you will find out that they seem to have effective skills against most of the other classes.

wiz seems to be weakest class now because even with debuff sins psychics are nearly impossible to kill , venos and archers fist bms and clerics are still rly hard so the only class remaining with good chances is a barb

greetz harm0wnie
  • KVB - Dreamweaver
    KVB - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    U all just gotta stop lying to urself, duels/pk used to be balanced..untill sins came..
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:laugh there r no best PVP classes on PWI, just good ones n bad ones

good PVP class:

veno, archer, mage, sin

bad pvp class:

BM, barb, cleric, psy

b:bye tats all
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:laugh there r no best PVP classes on PWI, just good ones n bad ones

good PVP class:

veno, archer, mage, sin

bad pvp class:

BM, barb, cleric, psy

b:bye tats all

lol you actually ranked bm's under archers....

and no sins are just broken as hell in pvp spent the last 3 months trying to find a way around it...only way i could think of is to make a char that costs 2x as much
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    lol you actually ranked bm's under archers...

Cause BM's have all the magic weakness of barbs without the hp to withstand it. So, yeah.b:cute
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Cause BM's have all the magic weakness of barbs without the hp to withstand it. So, yeah.b:cute

Magic Marrow.

Also... A good BM will be able to withstand the hits you're throwing at him long enough to get in range to start their stunlock. Between Balance, True Emptiness, and Heart of Steel (for Clerics) actually killing one that knows what their doing and how to use their skill set becomes challanging, especially when they have Demon/Sage Magic Marrow.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The Zanryu class!
    Dx
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Magic Marrow.

Also... A good BM will be able to withstand the hits you're throwing at him long enough to get in range to start their stunlock. Between Balance, True Emptiness, and Heart of Steel (for Clerics) actually killing one that knows what their doing and how to use their skill set becomes challanging, especially when they have Demon/Sage Magic Marrow.

Yeah, true. Magic marrow does effectively decrease the effectiveness of magic attacks.

But...being on the subject of BM v. Archer, the thing that makes BMs think twice before using a marrow is the fact that we have both physical and magic attacks.

Also, since you're throwing in the possibility that the BM might not just be a cashshopped noob and can play their class(such a rarity these daysb:sad), assuming that the archer knows what they're doing, they could effectively mess up a stunlock by simply jumping before the first stun hits; being stunned in midair kinda messes up the BM for a few seconds, giving said archer a chance to evaluate the situation, gain some genie energy for cloud eruption and thus for WoG, and such.
  • Jittery - Lost City
    Jittery - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm not saying they're unkillable. I'm saying that with stealth, evasion buff, attack level buff, and the ability to come back from death sins have insane advantages over every other class in PvP. I've fought enough Assassins to know how to take them down but even then they're difficult.

If you Domain they simply force stealth then attack you again while it's on cooldown, if you use protection skills it's the same story. Even if you've been able to kill them that doesn't change the fact that they're overpowered. I've killed Assassins as have many others, but there is no denying the fact that they have massive advantages over other classes.

Also.. could you please organize your post next time? That wall of text was a pain to read through.

lol ya sry i think i was kidna just typing away and not thniking about making it readable.

amyways, when you put it that way yes, sins do have OP buffs, etc over oter classes in the game although psy reflect buff is also OP since venos cant have their reflect buff or bramble guard buff reflect dmg in world pvp but they can b:angry

and ya, about them forcing stealth and all that jazz, ive fought a ton of sins, and some of them were really good and tbh none of them ever forsce stealth once they come on you because they normally get first hit and by the time they realize ive immuned they are already stunned, novad, etc and then i keel them. and even if they did reforce stealth i normally carry detection pots on me and i have aoe skills to force them out of stealth.

I think in the end i enjoy fighting someone who is OP by nature because it forces me to be that much better so i can keep up with themb:laugh
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, true. Magic marrow does effectively decrease the effectiveness of magic attacks.

But...being on the subject of BM v. Archer, the thing that makes BMs think twice before using a marrow is the fact that we have both physical and magic attacks.

Also, since you're throwing in the possibility that the BM might not just be a cashshopped noob and can play their class(such a rarity these daysb:sad), assuming that the archer knows what they're doing, they could effectively mess up a stunlock by simply jumping before the first stun hits; being stunned in midair kinda messes up the BM for a few seconds, giving said archer a chance to evaluate the situation, gain some genie energy for cloud eruption and thus for WoG, and such.

Demon Blademasters can boost their defense by an additional 75% with Demon Bell. Using that they can safely Magic Marrow and still maintain high Pdef. They just have to remember to use it, and considering the fact that you're an Archer.. they'll have ample time to use it.

Also, you forget that the BM will also be evaluating the situation when the stun misses. If you're stunned in mid-air the BM isn't gonna sit there dumbfounded, they'll take measures to prepare for what you're going to do to them. Well.. unless they're an idiot. Then you'll just destroy them without trouble.
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Well.. unless they're an idiot. Then you'll just destroy them without trouble.

And you do realize that roughly 95% of frequent PKers are in fact overly cashshopped idiots?b:cute

lol, well, in all seriousness we can bounce back counterarguments all week, but there are just too many variables to determine which class is overall better in every way.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    u wanna PVP good using BM? there r 2 options: first u need to be skillful n experienced, second, CS n get good gears

tat makes BM very bad PVPers

on the other hand, for archers, u don need good gears, u can kill both physical n magic classes. just kite around n bam bam bam, easy laaaa.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    And you do realize that roughly 95% of frequent PKers are in fact overly cashshopped idiots?b:cute

lol, well, in all seriousness we can bounce back counterarguments all week, but there are just too many variables to determine which class is overall better in every way.

I agree that most pkers these days are idiot cash shoppers that think they can win by just pressing keys. Sadly though, with enough cash, that's entirely possible.

I also agree that there are too many variables such as player skill, reaction times, lag, genie skills, apothecary, the amount of chi each has, and the level if the skills each person is using. Though.. Assassins don't seem to be bound to that.

(I'm waiting for someone to cash shop a Psychic so people can see what they're capable of with high refines :D)
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    (I'm waiting for someone to cash shop a Psychic so people can see what they're capable of with high refines :D)

Ivy on our server is pretty epic and not even that heavily cash shopped. I imaging seeing five digit soulburn damage.b:shocked
  • Grotesquery - Sanctuary
    Grotesquery - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    [SERIOUSLY OK TIDEBORN PSYCHICS CAN OWN ANY BLOODY ASSASSINS OK?!?!
    Good. As for the best PVP character, it depends on what risks you want to take. Wizards can blink (teleport away) when fighting, get long range and nuke the barbarian. Psychics and Clerics attack quickly, and BMs are made for PVE. lets face it. BMS have AoE but nothing much else except a knack to damage all their weapons with two light strikes on a bunny wabbit.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Put it this way, if there was a single best class in PvP, no one would really make any other class. Every class has it's advantages and disadvantages.

So for the people who keeps asking this, stop posting.

every pvper i know has rerolled sin

just a thought
    Gifs are hard to make work here