PvP Questions...

teros
teros Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
Soo I'm about to make a character and had a few questions in terms of classes and PvP

between Barbarian and Blademaster, which is considered better for PvE <-- not a typo. I plan on going one of these two classes but I don't want to be group dependent, which can handle PvE better?

On that note, out of the two which has the most survivability in PvP?

just needed to ask these before I made my first char.
Post edited by teros on

Comments

• CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    they're both pve capable; barbarians are definitely credit to team, although these days they are losing their tanking job to claw bm's at endgame. bms are good in pve because they have many aoes that make them a desirable member of a zhenning squad.

they are both group dependant in the above situations, but a bm with a charm could probably zhen melee mobs by him/herself. but barbs can also solo-grind forever on end at around lvl59+ with sunder in tiger form. no need for charms at all.

in pvp, a barb has a higher survival rate.
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Grotesquery - Sanctuary
    Grotesquery - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well, I have always hated Barbarians because of their uncanny skill to spawn and be born on the crappiest and most mud-covered area: LOST CITY. However, I do respect Barbs at PVP and ..E and they are my greatest enemy to overcome. Blademasters have more Area Of Effect attacks, making them invaluable against multiple mobs or a rather jumpy Wizard or flying Elf. (jumpy Wizard being his annoying (and all powerful) teleporting skill). I prefer BM because they are human and have the easiest levelling-up city (Etherblade).
  • miyago
    miyago Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    teros wrote: »
    Soo I'm about to make a character and had a few questions in terms of classes and PvP

between Barbarian and Blademaster, which is considered better for PvE <-- not a typo. I plan on going one of these two classes but I don't want to be group dependent, which can handle PvE better?

Blademaster is definitely better for PvE, especially at higher levels as they tend to go fist BM, and generate a lot of dps provided you have the right gear.

Barb definitely has most survivability in PvP, but good BMs can hold their own as well. End game barbs have a few skills that hit like a truck. But beware, this requires a lot of refinement on both armor and weapon.
  • ArcticWE - Heavens Tear
    ArcticWE - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Whats the level Requirements for TW (pvp) do i have ot be level 100 or whats the lowest level can you be to enter TW or any PvP battleground?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Whats the level Requirements for TW (pvp) do i have ot be level 100 or whats the lowest level can you be to enter TW or any PvP battleground?

There's no level restriction.. but there is a level recommendation for your faction because any attacks/bids on a land holding faction need to have a legitimate attempt to win.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Ellantria - Heavens Tear
    Ellantria - Heavens Tear Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    @Corn Now is coward keeling time?

Anyway, Barbs have more survivability due to the fact that they can get 15-16k HP endgame without much of a problem.

However, BMs are capable of getting 10-11-12k hp without much of a problem either. Just needing some serious refines.

As for PvP....

Barb pvp goes like this.

Use inspiration for moar HP. Now run up to your opponent. Use Tree of Protection. Target opponent. Press Armageddon button and become credit to team. Now pot back to full HP cause you're red name now and everyone is gonna try and kill you cause you are at half HP.

(Yes, this is a joke. I know that isn't how barbs PvP. :p)

BM pvp goes like this:

5aps fist: Demon spark, target enemy, press auto attack, spin around in your chair as your opponent dies.

Axe: Stunlock opponent and laugh as they die while being unable to do anything.

Spear: Two shot squishies with farstrike and whatever that other attack is. Not much else.

Sword: Uh.....people PvP with swords?
    ┐('~`;)┌
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    teros wrote: »

PvE; It can go either way depending on how the character is gearing. Barbs are usually best in groups, but can solo for hours on end w/o trouble when they get higher in lvls.
    BM's are more centered around AoE type skills, and work very well solo. They can easily topple most mobs without too much trouble.

PvP; This depends. If the BM is geared right and is using fists they can be the top dog. BM gearing is dependant on you being able to provide a lot of +vit shards. Enough of them and +magic res shards (not to many of these), you can easily own a lot of people, including sins.
    Barb, well basically put with their tank type build, and high refine and awesome gearing (if done right), they will basically do a 1-2 hit on you and you'll be biting the dust if your anything besides a HA wearer. Their HP pool can be so damn huge that you will look at it and wimper, cry, and run away scared. Barbs can take about 2-3 sins on them at once and laugh as they barely dent their massive HP pool. Then pop armegedon and wipe those sins off the face of the earth (yes I know the skill doesn't work like this, but it's the best way to put it).

So really it's up to you, which one you pick.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I think BM is more PvP, and TW based. It actually helps to have demon roar and stun a lot.
    Sins, mehh they broke TW.
    Archer's Barraging catas are really nice.
    Nix veno, hurts like hell.
    Psy casting soulburn on opponent who AOEs, no need to say.
    Wiz MS comes in handy.
    But yeah i've never really been in a pro TW since i've been low level for so long, not counting fail facs.

*Demon_EA vs LifeHunting :O who would win.*
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I think BM is more PvP, and TW based. It actually helps to have demon roar and stun a lot.
    Sins, mehh they broke TW.
    Archer's Barraging catas are really nice.
    Nix veno, hurts like hell.
    Psy casting soulburn on opponent who AOEs, no need to say.
    Wiz MS comes in handy.
    But yeah i've never really been in a pro TW since i've been low level for so long, not counting fail facs.
    QUOTE]

Wiz ms almost never is used. Stunning isnt our job, thats for the bms.
    Besides, why use the weaker MS when you could simply kill everything with a BIDS or BT?

Psys are better used for exactly what you implied wiz is good for. They have a quick cast, nuke stun skill that only takes one spark.

And archers dont barrage catas, they barrage the crystal or dense combot areas. But their primary use is sniping from the air and taking down squishies, usually clerics.

As for sins: are you saying they broke TW or they're broke in TW? because sins arnt too spectacular in TW. They can kill individuals fine if they can find someone who strays, but by and large, assassins arnt too great in TW, so I would hardly say they broke TW
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I got a Q/A:

When entering PK mode, I can't seem to attack other players.
    Is there a button I am not pressing or is there something wrong in my PK settings?
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I got a Q/A:

When entering PK mode, I can't seem to attack other players.
    Is there a button I am not pressing or is there something wrong in my PK settings?

Turn off your protections.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...