Any intrest in a trivia contest on lost city history?

Devoted - Lost City
Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
The questions would be more or less events that happened earlier in the game. I've got about 35 typed out but I'm not sure if people would care/know that far back to really generate any interest in it.

Anyways I'd be willing to give 75mil to whoever could answer the most questions correctly but if only 10 people attempt to answer them I wouldn't want to waste 75mil =/

Here's an random example:

How many zen (NOT GOLD) did you get for completing the closed beta leveling contest?

I would be nice to have a trivia that generated some nostalgia ;). It would also be great if someone else wanted to help and make questions more focused around anni-packs and on as I haven't really followed the game since then.
Post edited by Devoted - Lost City on

Comments

• Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The questions would be more or less events that happened earlier in the game. I've got about 35 typed out but I'm not sure if people would care/know that far back to really generate any interest in it.

Anyways I'd be willing to give 75mil to whoever could answer the most questions correctly but if only 10 people attempt to answer them I wouldn't want to waste 75mil =/

Here's an random example:

How many zen (NOT GOLD) did you get for completing the closed beta leveling contest?

I would be nice to have a trivia that generated some nostalgia ;). It would also be great if someone else wanted to help and make questions more focused around anni-packs and on as I haven't really followed the game since then.

I didn't really follow much of the events but the idea itself sounds great. Granted only older players would have the highest shot at winning but who know :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    that'd be awesome, although one idea would be to give out a prize for each question.. would give those that took a break/started a bit later more of a chance at winning (and maybe a more substantial prize for the most answered correctly). There just aren't very many people that still play from when the game first started (I started a few months after the game came out myself >.>) But honestly, any kind of trivia or the like would be alot of fun.. would love to see what questions you came up with xD
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I love the overall idea. I started playing around 6 months after the game was released fully. I'm aware I'm not aware b:chuckle of a lot of things that happened during those 2 years, but I'd like to see the trivia happening.

If you really wanna do this, I'd have to agree with Adroit. Individual prizes would be a bit more fair than overall ones. Also, the questions would have to be ... varied. Some people have bigger access to TW info, some have less info... You know what I mean?

Would the trivia be going on here or in game?
    How would the answers be submitted (via pms, or as visible replies in a certain thread)?
    Would the questions be given out at a certain time daily for... lets say a week? Or will it all be random?

+1 to the idea!b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dimiter - Lost City
    Dimiter - Lost City Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited September 2010

I believe it was 1000 Zen. I started playing in the last week of the CB and hadn't played PW on other servers before that so I didn't get to the required level. Considering the fact that I'm a slow leveller and play mainly casually, even if I'd started earlier, I probably wouldn't have gotten there anyway.

And I think your idea for a contest is great, it'll bring back a lot of memories from those early and really good days of playing PWI on Lost City - "The only server worth playing", as Pandora had put it in his signature. :)
  • UIquiorra_ - Lost City
    UIquiorra_ - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Sounds great to me. Although I'm not sure how much I'd be able to answer, it'd still be fun to try : )
  • Moog - Lost City
    Moog - Lost City Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Me likey. Though I was around that time I probably forgot most of everything b:cry
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Divide the money between the questions, only let one person win one question.

I think you'd have a winner.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SilverMinx - Lost City
    SilverMinx - Lost City Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Great idea and really nice to see someone at least thinking of something fun for the server to participate in :)

I would suck at trivia stuff for I don't pay too much attention to details but I would try and find the results highly interesting :)

Just one point to be aware of... how to verify the correct answers.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Great idea and really nice to see someone at least thinking of something fun for the server to participate in :)

I would suck at trivia stuff for I don't pay too much attention to details but I would try and find the results highly interesting :)

Just one point to be aware of... how to verify the correct answers.

We bring in the darthpanda, kantorek, etc?
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    devoted probably reply to this a day before forsaken world comes out b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Trelmanor - Lost City
    Trelmanor - Lost City Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    cool idea... DO EET
  • MistressCara - Lost City
    MistressCara - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i thought it was 2000 zen.. cause i think it was enough to get a starter pack... i dont know though. it was SOOOO long ago!
  • Xtacy - Lost City
    Xtacy - Lost City Posts: 1,281 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    It was 4000 zen
    Conqueror
    Kamisama
    Instinct

I guess I don't choose different paths b:shutup
  • Pepper - Lost City
    Pepper - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    1000 ZEN to whoever hit lvl 40+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Metal raging Perfect Worlds since 2007
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I remember you got something for levelling but I only played cb for about 1/2 a day. b:surrender
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010