Cleric Def Buff

Lessrahc - Harshlands
Lessrahc - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Cleric
Hey guys....

I wanna know if the Cleric def Buff is better in %, than wizz def buff........ I understand that wizz def buff is a 100% over what you have, so if you have without the buff 100 phys def, then you will have 200 with the buff....

My question is how is the "gear value" calculation for the cleric def buff..... I would like to know....I dont understand whats the exact formula for the cleric buff ....

thank you..

PS: sorry for my english if I make any mistake its not my main language....
Post edited by Lessrahc - Harshlands on

Comments

• Undadeus - Dreamweaver
    Undadeus - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You asked 100 different questions there :P

Cleric defense and wizzie defense buffs stack - so no worries about buffing over.

The cleric defense buff is based off of your personal level of physical resistance based on your gear . . . so all but impossible to calculate without seeing.,
  • Lessrahc - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    ok but tell me an example like I did there with wizz buff..... plzzzz
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The cleric def buff is 60% equipment value while the wizards is 100% (150% demon,120% sage). So in that regard wizards buff is better. But wizards can only cast stone barrier on themselves while clerics vangaurd goes to the whole squad. So in that example clerics win. They do stack but this would only help the wizard, since clerics can not have stone barrier on them.
  • Lessrahc - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    I know that but 60% of gear value isnt better than 100% of def you have??? how is the calculation that my question what does it means gear value when you do the math....
  • Nelae - Heavens Tear
    Nelae - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    wizzie has 100 deff

so 100*2+(100*0.6) for the wizz

you have 100 deff

100+(100*0.6)
    b:dirty
  • Manakel - Lost City
    Manakel - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Let's say a wiz and a cleric both have 100 physical defense. The they both buff themselves. Wiz has a 100% equipment modifier, thus now has 200 def. The cleric's modifier is 60%, so their def is now 160. The cleric then buffs the wiz, who still has 200 def. The wiz now has a 60% modifier in addition to the 100% one. Thus, their def is now 320, and the cleric is still 160.

That explain it in a way you can understand?
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Let's say a wiz and a cleric both have 100 physical defense. The they both buff themselves. Wiz has a 100% equipment modifier, thus now has 200 def. The cleric's modifier is 60%, so their def is now 160. The cleric then buffs the wiz, who still has 200 def. The wiz now has a 60% modifier in addition to the 100% one. Thus, their def is now 320, and the cleric is still 160.

That explain it in a way you can understand?

actually the wizard gets 260 p.def with both buffs on as they are both based on base defense
    their effects don't stack in that way

its 100:100*60=60
    100:100*100=100
    now do 100+60+100=260
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    equipment value =/= p.def stat in char window
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Lessrahc - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    I dont think equipment value is the same as base Phys def........... in order to your calculations
  • Nubispotze - Heavens Tear
    Nubispotze - Heavens Tear Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Equipment is what your armor and ords (necky and belt and l.rings) give you. it does not count in your Gems.

there for if you slot 1000 pdef in your gear ( idk if its possible w/o best of the best G.gems) but you will not get 600 extra pdef from the cleric buff
    Exegesis-103-Psychic--blackballs, blueballs, pinkballs, hairless balls. You got a lotta balls to be applying to Enrage...AND ask for a private denial reason? gg man. gg.