Need some help

Cyrus_Khane - Sanctuary
Cyrus_Khane - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Barbarian
Just checking to see if my build is on track. Some of my skills need built up, but that's a money problem, so just let me know what skills need to be levelled, instead of "OMGZ UR ROR IZ ONLY LVL 1?!?! U R TEH SUXXORZ" Thanks. I appreciate constructive criticism, but if you're a **** about it, don't bother.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Stats:
Level 61
Vit: 90 +16
Str: 189 +2
Dex: 36 +17
Mag: 5
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Gear Setup:
Helm: ***Rejuvination Helm (+2)
Reduce Phys. Damage Taken +1%
Max Endurance +50%
Average Garnet Shard: Phys. Defense +26

Chest:
*Vest Of Aries
Metal Res +124
Earth Res +167
Phys Res +118

Legs:
***Stoneblood Cuisses
Reqs -15%
Max Endurance +50%
Fire Res +124
Common, Average, Blemished Garnet Shards Phys Defense +61

Boots:
*Grieves Of Aries (+1)
Vitality +3
Fire Res +167

Neckalace:
Rhino's Cave Neckalace
Max endurance +25%
Dex +3
Dex +3

Cape:
Hermit's Cape
Dex +2

Wrists:
Skywalker Vambraces
HP +50
Strength +2

Belt:
Imperial Edict Belt
Reduce Phys. Damage Taken +1%
HP +80
Vitality +5

Ring 1:
Silver Crescent
Dex +7
Phys. Attack +18
Vitality +8

Ring 2:
Smogg's Ring
Phys. Attack +18
HP +60

Weapon:
Skeleton Axes
Phys. Attack +56
Beautiful Citrine Shard Max HP +32

Skills:

Stomp Of The Beast King Lvl 10

Garrotte Lvl 4

Swell Lvl 2

Mighty Swing Lvl 9

Penetrate Armor Lvl 7

Firestorm Lvl 1

Slam Lvl 2

Beast Kings' Inspiration Lvl 7

Blood Bath Lvl 3

Strength Of The Titans Lvl 2

True Form Lvl 2

Flesh Ream Lvl 8

Alacrity Of The Beast Lvl 3

Devour Lvl 3

Poison Fang Lvl 1

Roar Lvl 2

Feral Regen Lvl 10

Shapeshifting Intensity Lvl 10

Axe & Hammer Mastery Lvl 7

Like I said, the lacking skills are so because I'm a dirt poor barb, not because I'm ignorant.
So, any guidelines or anything of that sort it much appreciated.
Thanks for looking =P
Cyrus_Khane
Post edited by Cyrus_Khane - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=63271

I am not a barb expert but I find this guide has all/most of what you could ever need ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Cyrus_Khane - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    I have that in my favorites already, i was just hoping for some feedback from some experienced barbs. b:pleased
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    your stats look overall okay, a few could be tweeked here and there, but overall nothing horrible. Maybe lay off your str a little, and add to your Vit the next few levels. As for skills, the way I worked it was focusing on my tiger form skills all first and formost. I built the barb to tank, so naturally these are the skills I use most. All others can wait for me till I have tons of extra SP. Not saying this is your answer, just what worked very well for me.

+1 follow the link posted above.
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I used the guide I linked as my check for my barb, plus talk to other barbs in game, particularly higher level ones - usually while you are waiting for squads to gather for instances is a good time to ask for tips ;) My barb I totally screwed up - got him to level 50, but I had his stats a bit screwed plus I had totally neglected his tigerform skills. I got tired of him and moved on to veno but go back to him for a change now and then.. I scraped enough together to get him a reset and put him on the right path too.

I will post my barb stats for comparison:
    Level 75

Base          Equipped
    V: 109       151
    S: 229       241
    D: 47         60
    M: 5          5

Unbuffed:               Self Buffed:
    Standup                 Standup
    HP:       6316          HP:     8211
    Pdef:    4547          Pdef:   4547
    Attack: 2147-4063  Attack: 2286-4326 

Tiger                     Tiger
    HP:      8211           HP:     10106
    Pdef:    6440          Pdef:   6440
    Attack: 1798-2403  Attack: 1938-3667

Equips:
    Tome of Fecundity Dex+4, Vit+3
    3* Neck of Inner Peace HP+105
    1* Cloak of Blaze Vit+2, HP+30, 1 Avg Cit
    2* Skywalker Vambraces HP+50, Str+3, 2 Common Cit
    3* Amulet of 8 Treasures +1 HP+90, Vit+3
    3* Silver Crescent Ring Dex+7, Vit+7
    3* Fleeting Rainbow Ring str+1, Vit+2, Dex+2
    Helm of Aqua Viciousness Vit+5, 3 Flaw Cit
    3* Mail of Antiquity Vit+5, HP+105, 1 Avg Cit
    Cuisses of Divine Beast +3 str+4, vit+5, 3 Beaut Cit
    2* Greaves of Lion Rage (quest reward) str+4, 2 Avg Cit
    Calamity Axes +1 Vit+10, HP+185, 1 Flaw Garnet

Kinda average gear I think but as its just an alt for fun, I am not going overboard on it - the better gear was hand-me-downs from some faction mates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    flesh ream should be maxed by lvl 54 for a tank.

DD will be major holding back their damage if this isnt maxed if they are not grabbing aggro from you.

you will need alacrity of beast @ lvl 7-8 minimum for fight against wyvern

unless your cleric is freaking pro with max leveled Purify or you have 2 clerics all the time for your BH

its the only thing that will cause major party wipe for your level b:chuckleb:chuckle

In order of importance.

1. Flesh ream
    2. Alacrity of Beast
    3. Minimum lvl 1 devour/ lvl 1 surf impact
    4. Reasonable HP amount.. I have 10k @ my level.. but i have seen barb with 7 k doing okie.
    5. Phy def around 6k-7k minimum.
    6. HP buff
    7. Attack buff

its what i think anyway b:pleased
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It is my opinion that order of importance of your skills are:

1: axe & hammer mastery
    2: BKI
    3: SoTitans
    4: Flesh Ream
    5: Alacrity (leave at lvl7 until you are comfortable with timing of cancels and can afford to level it.)

Honestly, if I were in your shoes, I would put some effort into leveling Poison Fang and I didn't see Frighten in there...it's a useful skill though not critical to level.

As far as your build goes: As long as you can equip your weapons and armor, it's fine. HP is not always a deal breaker with a barb, as long as you really learn what you are doing and do it well.

And gear...

If you can afford to...those skeleton axes would benefit you more with accuracy or attack shards instead of HP.

Armors...TT armors you don't need to worry about until 70 or 80. I'd say 80 since the 60's and 70's seem to fly by. As far as money to afford stuff goes: A little bit of grinding combined with a little bit of farming should net you 100K for every 90 minutes you do it.

Hope that helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for all the input, I wrote everything down, and I'm working towards a better barb.

As for the gems in my axes, I wasn't given a choice, my tt axes were made for me by my Facton leader, and he put the gem in.
  • BarbEQ - Dreamweaver
    BarbEQ - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    if you can afford new gems (either to buy or to make from shards) then go to the blacksmith and purify the weapon and put in new gems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited October 2010

Armors...TT armors you don't need to worry about until 70 or 80. I'd say 80 since the 60's and 70's seem to fly by. As far as money to afford stuff goes: A little bit of grinding combined with a little bit of farming should net you 100K for every 90 minutes you do it.

Hope that helps.

From my own experience, I'd say go with Mostly legendary gear for armor - use TT weapons of course - until youre ready for your 90 gear. Exception being if youre dead set on getting TT 90 gear, then youll need to decomp your TT 80 gear. I only recently realized I didn't need to decomp my 80 gear to make my 90 green gear... and I was a bit peeved I spent as much time farming TT as I did to make it.. when I didn't even need to. Certainly make yourself some 70 and 80 gear if you have the mats for it and it wont break the wallet.. just don't let yourself believe (nor let anyone tell you that) its the only way to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Itankforu - Harshlands
    Itankforu - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    from My Own Experience, I'd Say Go With Mostly Legendary Gear For Armor - Use Tt Weapons Of Course - Until Youre Ready For Your 90 Gear. Exception Being If Youre Dead Set On Getting Tt 90 Gear, Then Youll Need To Decomp Your Tt 80 Gear. I Only Recently Realized I Didn't Need To Decomp My 80 Gear To Make My 90 Green Gear... And I Was A Bit Peeved I Spent As Much Time Farming Tt As I Did To Make It.. When I Didn't Even need To. Certainly Make Yourself Some 70 And 80 Gear If You Have The Mats For It And It Wont Break The Wallet.. Just Don't Let Yourself Believe (nor Let Anyone Tell You That) Its The Only Way To Go.

/10char
    edited October 2010
    BUMP.

Also, the Axes are a one sock, which now have a beautiful amber shard for acc in them.