Happy Thread :D

Jellytoast - Sanctuary
Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
Obviously everyone reading this likes PWI to some extent, or you wouldn't be reading.
So, PWI has kept me interested so far longer than many others I've played.

Even through all of the unnamed negative things people have said, I know everyone has something they love about it. I wanna know what that thing is.

Go on, post. :)

Edit: I might as well stick my opinion in here too. Personally PWI is one of the prettiest games I've played, and the infinite character customization on top of that is enough to make me want to log on everyday. :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jellytoast - Demon Cleric
Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
Post edited by Jellytoast - Sanctuary on

Comments

• xxxdreamweaver
    xxxdreamweaver Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The forums
    RIP SoIar
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    We had several threads like this in the past week or so. I wonder how they turned out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Happy place?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    sleepcat wrote: »
    We had several threads like this in the past week or so. I wonder how they turned out.

Well I'm curious to know what makes people come back. Even to these forums to troll and flame. What makes you choose this game over any other?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The banhammer.

And it's a good thing too because I'm starting to get the impression my face is going to be introduced to the banhammer in the near future if certain things continue to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    The banhammer.

And it's a good thing too because I'm starting to get the impression my face is going to be introduced to the banhammer in the near future if certain things continue to happen.

Lol. So I'm guessing you mean watching people get banned is entertaining? Hopefully you won't have to watch yourself get banned. b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• xxxdreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    The banhammer.

Awie =/ don't worry life with the banhammer iz fun. You get your face in a siggy :D
    RIP SoIar
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    Lol. So I'm guessing you mean watching people get banned is entertaining? Hopefully you won't have to watch yourself get banned. b:faint

Not necessarily

Some bans are, in and of themselves, highly entertaining. Other bans are made entertaining simply for the sheer unreasonable grounds they are based on. Thus, more so then the ban, it's the failure of the company that's entertaining, because I know it'll eventually bite them in the ***. Dunno when. Dunno how. But it will.

I'm expecting my introduction to the ban hammer to happen eventually. At this point I think a certain CM is no doubt dying to get rid of me.
    Awie =/ don't worry life with the banhammer iz fun. You get your face in a siggy :D

Oh yes, I heard about that. It was compared to trading cards.

I just love collectables...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    So do you actually log into PWI and do things? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• xxxdreamweaver
    edited September 2010

not that much. Mebbe for like twenty minutes total every week. I just came back from long pwi break but am sad to say that game no longer interests me too muchb:surrender
    RIP SoIar
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I like fashion, does that count as doing something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010

These days?

I log in once every blue moon, say "hi" to the people on my friends list who may be online, see their automated catshop response, remember why I never log into the game any more and either log off or go AFK for hours.

Does that count as doing stuff any more?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited September 2010

This thread is relevant to my interests.

I lol'd pretty hard. Proof that it's getting way too late for me to be on the forums .-.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010

OHMYGAWD I love you b:cute

I like fashion, does that count as doing something?
    Yeah it counts. ^_^ Fashion is the most useless thing I've ever used in a game, but I love it.
    These days?

I log in once every blue moon, say "hi" to the people on my friends list who may be online, see their automated catshop response, remember why I never log into the game any more and either log off or go AFK for hours.

Does that count as doing stuff any more?

Eh, I suppose, haha. I figured 'stuff' counted as maybe running a dungeon, helping a noob, whatever people do. when they're on for a while.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    inb4unhappiness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Even through all of the unnamed negative things people have said, I know everyone has something they love about it. I wanna know what that thing is.
    It has solid central game-play design. Yes, it's a grind-fest, but it's a well-done grind-fest.

I also really like the fact that (for-better-or-for-worse) the game lets players set the prices for pretty much everything. A ton of games lock down almost everything and basically make coins worthless, thus forcing players to systematically follow a fixed path through the game to advance and improve their equipment.

Perfect World lets you choose to do what you enjoy doing, sell the profits, then use the funds to purchase items that come from aspects of the game you don't enjoy playing. Furthermore, it fully opens every aspect of the cash-shop to non-cash shop players like myself, which is pretty rare. If you'd told me I could have $4,000 worth of items in a couple of years, just by playing occasionally and casually, I'd never have believed it until I started playing PWI.

Oh, and finally, probably the most important reason I like the game is that I get to be a big, buff, smexy wolfy (my girlfriend's exact words), and people can't go, "Ew, it's one of those furries! Keep away, you're gross!" because they need us to tank. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    It has solid central game-play design. Yes, it's a grind-fest, but it's a well-done grind-fest.

I also really like the fact that (for-better-or-for-worse) the game lets players set the prices for pretty much everything. A ton of games lock down almost everything and basically make coins worthless, thus forcing players to systematically follow a fixed path through the game to advance and improve their equipment.

Perfect World lets you choose to do what you enjoy doing, sell the profits, then use the funds to purchase items that come from aspects of the game you don't enjoy playing. Furthermore, it fully opens every aspect of the cash-shop to non-cash shop players like myself, which is pretty rare. If you'd told me I could have $4,000 worth of items in a couple of years, just by playing occasionally and casually, I'd never have believed it until I started playing PWI.

Oh, and finally, probably the most important reason I like the game is that I get to be a big, buff, smexy wolfy (my girlfriend's exact words), and people can't go, "Ew, it's one of those furries! Keep away, you're gross!" because they need us to tank. b:victory

Haha, well said, and agreed. b:pleased

The thing you said about the value of coin in other games, trust me I know about that... I played another MMO where a mil wouldn't get you hardly anything. Basically in PWI 20-30mil is medium range for the amount of cash people have, in the other game, it was about a bil. Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

• Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I log in before an event, then maybe do bh100, or cube if I have nothing to do, or help lowbies with quests before an event if I have some spare time, then usually log off. Even events these days tend to cause drama (especially in faction) b:surrender

Well to not sound too negative, I love jungle ruins... but I didn't get anything this last week, I suppose the combinations are random everytime. Still I find it really fun. DT is nice too, celestial tiger is average. (boss stage is meh)

Are you sure that's a good thing, it's only accessing a limited pool of resources. There's a reason private servers on most games are hailed for the easiness and "everyone can afford" type... because they use NPC prices for almost everything -- and not insane ones like making a g15 nirvana piece on this one >_<

Tbh I don't like the open market approach at all, it's so biased towards different situations and suffers massively from the aging of servers problem (I detailed that in many other threads).
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    OHMYGAWD I love you b:cute

b:sin
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    b:sin

b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard