Updated Archer Guide?

Options
Madeuquit - Harshlands
Madeuquit - Harshlands Posts: 28 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Archer
All the guides i've looked at so far, skill wise, they all seem to be outdated? They don't have things like Spark Burst or Alacrity or Awaken or whatever..

I know i'm still far from getting some of those skills, but it would be helpfull to have an updated list..

Sorry if i missed it.. b:surrender
Post edited by Madeuquit - Harshlands on

Comments

• Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    well i can answer any questions you have about archer skills here if you want
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Madeuquit - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle

Well, all i really need to know is which skills i should max out as i level..right now i'm mainly focusing on the passive dmg skills and saving some spirit for later on..I'd just like to know from people's experience which archer skills will be most usefull, both PVE and PVP.

Also, should i go for Demon or Sage, later on or is this just a matter of personal opinion and does each have its benefits?

Thank you.
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    In my opinion,

Blazing Arrow - Max [Buff, 1st Priority]
    Frost Arrow - Max [Best for PvE]
    Vicious Arrow - Keep @ Lvl 1
    Serrated Arrow - Keep @ Lvl 1
    Sharptooth Arrow - Max

Lightning Strike - Level Occasionally [Best for PvP against Heavy Armor or Wood PvE]
    Thunder Shock - Level Occasionally [See Lightning Strike]
    Thunderous Blast - Level Occasionally [See Lightning Strike]
    Stormrage Eagleon - Keep @ Lvl 1

Take Aim - Level Occasionally [Good PvE opener]
    Quickshot - Level @ Will [Not Needed, but cheap to level (Max if you attain Demon Quickshot)]
    Knockback - Keep @ Lvl 1
    Aim Low - Level Occasionally [Good damage, good when Stunning Arrow is on Cooldown]
    Stunning Arrow - Max
    Barrage of Arrows - Level @ Will [Mainly used for Frost, TW, Group PvP, Rebirth (The higher you Level it, the more MP you will burn)]

Winged Shell - Level Occasionally [Best for PvE]
    Winged Pledge - Level @ Will [Good for PvP when targets get within Melee Range]
    Wingspan - Level @ Will [Best for PvE, or see Winged Pledge]
    Wings of Grace - Learn it [Only 1 Lvl]

Wings of Protection - Max [Buff, 1st Priority]
    Bow Mastery - Max [Buff, 1st Priority]
    Winged Blessing - Max [Buff, 1st Priority]

Elven Alacrity - 1st Lvl 79 Skill you should get
    Blessing of the Condor - Get once you have Spare Spirit/Coins after you Max your Priorities

Demon vs. Sage is a heated debate. It's up to you, buy 95% of the Archer Community will tell you Demon. They have their advantages, mainly being Sage being known for better Survivability and "Tankability" [Mainly due to Sage Spark which reduces All Damage by 25%] and Demon being PvP, which is also good against PvE. "A good offense, is a good defense." [Demon Spark Increases Attack Speed by 25%, certain Demon skills increase Crit % Chance]

I chose Demon mainly for the skills, not to follow the "crowd", so the choice is yours.
  • Demon_EA - Harshlands
    Demon_EA - Harshlands Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    In my opinion,

Blazing Arrow - Max [Buff, 1st Priority]
    Frost Arrow - Max [Best for PvE]
    Vicious Arrow - Keep @ Lvl 1
    Serrated Arrow - Keep @ Lvl 1
    Sharptooth Arrow - Max

Lightning Strike - Level Occasionally [Best for PvP against Heavy Armor or Wood PvE]
    Thunder Shock - Level Occasionally [See Lightning Strike]
    Thunderous Blast - Level Occasionally [See Lightning Strike]
    Stormrage Eagleon - Keep @ Lvl 1

Take Aim - Level Occasionally [Good PvE opener]
    Quickshot - Level @ Will [Not Needed, but cheap to level (Max if you attain Demon Quickshot)]
    Knockback - Keep @ Lvl 1
    Aim Low - Level Occasionally [Good damage, good when Stunning Arrow is on Cooldown]
    Stunning Arrow - Max
    Barrage of Arrows - Level @ Will [Mainly used for Frost, TW, Group PvP, Rebirth (The higher you Level it, the more MP you will burn)]

Winged Shell - Level Occasionally [Best for PvE]
    Winged Pledge - Level @ Will [Good for PvP when targets get within Melee Range]
    Wingspan - Level @ Will [Best for PvE, or see Winged Pledge]
    Wings of Grace - Learn it [Only 1 Lvl]

Wings of Protection - Max [Buff, 1st Priority]
    Bow Mastery - Max [Buff, 1st Priority]
    Winged Blessing - Max [Buff, 1st Priority]
    Elven Alacrity - 1st Lvl 79 Skill you should get
    Blessing of the Condor - Get once you have Spare Spirit/Coins after you Max your Priorities

Demon vs. Sage is a heated debate. It's up to you, buy 95% of the Archer Community will tell you Demon. They have their advantages, mainly being Sage being known for better Survivability and "Tankability" [Mainly due to Sage Spark which reduces All Damage by 25%] and Demon being PvP, which is also good against PvE. "A good offense, is a good defense." [Demon Spark Increases Attack Speed by 25%, certain Demon skills increase Crit % Chance]

I chose Demon mainly for the skills, not to follow the "crowd", so the choice is yours.

Most of those skills you mentioned sucks, especially winged pledge, if I tried using it on bms, they will stun lock me. Only thing that is worth bothering with is bow mastery and demon version winged blessing.

Also that 95% of the archer community is right, demon is better than sage. Sage is completely useless

The one and only... demon_troll... i will be pwn when i go demon again >)
  • Madeuquit - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Alright! Thanks!

Last question: where do the genie skills go? Str? Dex?
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Alright! Thanks!

Last question: where do the genie skills go? Str? Dex?

Typically:

You need enough vitality that you can use the skills you want to use. (If you want to do a two skill combo you will need enough energy to use both of them -- but this is probably not worth bothering with unless you have a very lucky genie).

Some skills also need some strength or dexterity to be useful. (But only one of the two, typically -- actually neither of the two typically, but if you picked a skill that needs them, then you sort of have to.)

Everything else should go into magic unless you do not mind waiting a long long time between uses.
  • Madeuquit - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So basically you have to put points in everything? b:chuckle
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    So basically you have to put points in everything? b:chuckle

That can actually be useful, if nothing else your first 40 points in any attribute cost half of those spent on higher attributes.

But a no strength and/or no dexterity genie can also be quite useful.
  • GOD___ - Heavens Tear
    GOD___ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    where are good locations to go and farm gold for a pure dex archer between lvls 60-70?
  • Russiee - Raging Tide
    Russiee - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    where are good locations to go and farm gold for a pure dex archer between lvls 60-70?

In some weird like JOB thing. Iunno what that is.

Just keep doing quests and grind on those mobs, you'll get enough coin.
    I got around 2m coin just by doing quests upto 70.