Negativity

Comments

• NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    NightRage, you were a jerk on my server and a jerk on RT. Whether that's actually *your* fault, or your mother's, or your seconds grade teacher's....idk. But it's certainly not the game. /flameon b:bye

I was never a jerk on DW. I got that image from PKing a lot. Haters will always get mad, especially when you kill them.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I've been white named like 3 times. I stand by what I said.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well, NightRage, I can honestly say that I didn't expect this kind of thoughtful post from you.

I don't remember names that well unless I have some action to remember them by. Your recent string of "game is dead" posts have just been so blatantly irritating that they're simply what I've come to recognize you for. But then, that shouldn't be news to you, should it? Congrats, you can get noticed if you annoy people. To me you always seemed like one of those people who followed the principle of "negative attention is still attention."

But now, this. Hmm.

It strikes me as unusual that you just "gave up hope" and are now willingly trying to pick out people who still have it. Normally when someone "gives up hope" on a game, they just quit the game. If you're here, at least one part of you must still believe that this game still has a chance of being fixed. In short: I don't buy your "I don't play anymore, the forums just satisfy me" excuse. I find it hard to imagine the type of person who could get enjoyment from spending his days posting the same three-word phrase in response to every thread on the forum for a game he no longer plays. Somehow I doubt your life is that boring.

If you're capable of making posts like this one, then you're capable of presenting your opinions to PWE in a way they'll listen to - in the sense that they listen to any of us. And the GMs, for their part, do. The GMs and mods do a pretty good job on these boards (though I'm not without grievances against them, either). The sticky thread thing IS the most annoying thing about moderation here and I wish they'd relax that rule... but to say they're trying to squash all negative comments is patently untrue. Discussion - and even dissent - is still welcome here... which is more than you can say for many forums, to say nothing of the fact that this forum is corporate-run and the amount of dissent we generate here could easily make a dent, however small, in their bottom line. Quite frankly, that's extraordinary... and it's one of the reasons I still have fun posting here.

PWE, from what I can tell, has an interesting corporate culture. The GMs treat us like adults, respect our opinions, and even give us straight answers when they can without violating their job description (and in that vein... god damn do I miss eatwithspoons x_x). But it's the people above the GMs that are the problem. They tell us absolutely freakin' nothing 99% of the time, and when they do want us to know anything, they hand it to their GMs with strict instructions on how to filter it. To my knowledge we have never had a dialouge with them, and that's sad. The people in charge have never once had to answer directly to their customer base, the people paying their salaries and their profit margins. That is sad.

What we need is some kind of organized group (and I mean really organized, not a random "HAY GAIZ LETS BOYCOT PWI LOLOL" thread) who can present a coherent statement to the PWE execs in hopes that they'll respond in kind. I believe it's possible. But it'd be very hard and it'd require good leadership. So if I were you, I'd start thinking about how you could help do that instead of believing that your Chicken Little trolling act means anything except another post to scroll past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Jodz - Heavens Tear
    Jodz - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This game is not free. I've paid a lot of money to enjoy it, and they've now ruined it.

I know it's my fault I've acted out in negative ways, but I am saying they have turned the playerbase sour.

LOL WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?? YOU JOKING? LOLZ!! HAHEHAHAHE$AH KAKAKAKAKAKAK EKEKEKEKE

A friend taught me this word. Its dedicated to chu

Baka.... b:laugh

You failz at game. Of course teh game takez moneh, I guess chu lost all chu coinz now butt hurt about it. You made me laugh... Now I really have to sleep.. past mah bed time b:tired
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    LOL WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?? YOU JOKING? LOLZ!! HAHEHAHAHE$AH KAKAKAKAKAKAK EKEKEKEKE

A friend taught me this word. Its dedicated to chu

Baka.... b:laugh

You failz at game. Of course teh game takez moneh, I guess chu lost all chu coinz now butt hurt about it. You made me laugh... Now I really have to sleep.. past mah bed time b:tired

I'm sure NightRage would rather lose all his coins and be a broke man,

Then lose all his intelligence and be like you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    @NightRage; I'll give you credit for articulating your position in a well written post. You do make many legitimate points and certainly stand up soundly for your position.

However, that there are many things gone wrong with changes made to this game is something all of us have to live with. I left this game for some months soon after packs were introduced so i know this feeling myself. But the thing is i eventually realized i could still have fun regardless of the changes. Yea, this meant sacrifices, i moved to a PvE server...

I don't think the larger issues can even be resolved at this point since most of the problems involve unbalanced gameplay and fixing this would mean nerfing the capabilities of those who have reached higher levels and acquired endgame gear. I wouldn't even want to imagine all the QQing about that...

There are many small changes PWI could still make to greatly improve the game but to be honest it seems unlikely they'll be brought about. We probably do still have at least one good year to go however, so my take on this is to enjoy it while it lasts. The game is not dead yet and still remains enjoyable. And honestly, no matter how much of your time you have dedicated to this MMO eventually you just have to move on. Why would anyone want something negative in their life, if things are utterly ruined for you then maybe it is time for you to move on. All MMOs eventually seem to get mismanaged in the end, this seems to be a problem that has yet to be resolved for this genre of gaming, especially for f2p models. If you want classics that will live forever i would give Sam & Max, FFXI or Civ 3 a try. Or go play the new Halo, i don't know. All i'm saying is you really have to know when to let go...
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Stuff...
    and no "game is dead" at all...

I read 3 times, line by line, trying to spot at least 1 "game is dead". I couldn't find any... I don't like you now b:scorn kidding

Well, it was worth my time reading it. And I have to agree with most of it, except for the "whose fault is it that i do this or that" part. But that has already been discussed.

Anyway, just here to wish for this thread to stay open for discussion b:bye
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The game being dead would have been us down to 1 single server....and the devs saying: that is it. No more production, no more developments, no more.

Can someone list a game like that yet? Sure there are games out there that once thrived with 3mil+ player base, that is now reduced to a couple of hundred thousand people. but they still move on. New people find them, and accept it for what it is, they either like it, love it, or hate it, and they may stay or they may go. But new expansions still pop out, and there are those that would pay whatever it takes to keep it alive.

And EVERY game I have ever played, has had huge change overhauls right dab in the middle of its player base, and it make all the established players scatter like roaches. But eventually they are replaced by a new-base.

All these changes we are experiencing in this game could be them gearing it up for a LONG run, and it seems they are trying to break away from China's trend. Which would be good for us....in the long run.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    vristion wrote: »
    The game being dead would have been us down to 1 single server....and the devs saying: that is it. No more production, no more developments, no more.

Actually there are times when the devs keep hosting their games, but their publishers in other countries (in our case, would be PWE) don't any more. Like what not too long ago happened with a certain game with a name starting with 9, and all other games hosted by the same publisher (for the "international"/western public). That game now, however, has been picked up again by another publisher so I guess it will still live for a little while longer (also the 1st publisher failed in passing server/account information to the new one, so everyone had to start over XD)

So in short. Even if PW Beijing keeps going, if one day PWE decides they don't have enough income, or simply that they just don't want to host PWI anymore, then we can say bye b:bye
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So in short. Even if PW Beijing keeps going, if one day PWE decides they don't have enough income, or simply that they just don't want to host PWI anymore, then we can say bye b:bye

We are doing better than PW China atm. They had 6 servers, now they are down to 3.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Actually there are times when the devs keep hosting their games, but their publishers in other countries (in our case, would be PWE) don't any more. Like what not too long ago happened with a certain game with a name starting with 9, and all other games hosted by the same publisher (for the "international"/western public). That game now, however, has been picked up again by another publisher so I guess it will still live for a little while longer (also the 1st publisher failed in passing server/account information to the new one, so everyone had to start over XD)

If plans were to bail, a profitable sell would be in place... Several (lame we cant same names of games makes debates like this easier)other games have went under different rights. On game of which has been going for over 10 years now...a sale to Sony or the likes could be a reality, long before ditching a profitable proven business venture.

Also people mention they are doing this purposefully to push profit to FW, that wouldn't be realistic simply because you are only moving profit, not increasing it.
  • Jodz - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    I'm sure NightRage would rather lose all his coins and be a broke man,

Then lose all his intelligence and be like you.

wat intelligenze chu mean? QQsmartz? Lolz

I don't have that kind of smartz. He sounds like he wantz evwything handed to he, like you.

"This game is not fwee QQQQQQQ. I wantz free shads and wefines so I can own people QQQQQQQ. But I sux wit no coin D:" Sounds like wat he sayz :3. He's a fail, and I laugh I can own people with no gear sometimez :3

Someone is butthurt, letz me give chu hugz
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    wat intelligenze chu mean? QQsmartz? Lolz

I don't have that kind of smartz. He sounds like he wantz evwything handed to he, like you.

"This game is not fwee QQQQQQQ. I wantz free shads and wefines so I can own people QQQQQQQ. But I sux wit no coin D:" Sounds like wat he sayz :3. He's a fail, and I laugh I can own people with no gear sometimez :3

Someone is butthurt, letz me give chu hugz

This is for you ^^ and for free b:pleased
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jodz - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    This is for you ^^ and for free b:pleased

iz eating lunch from wat mah mama gave meh. I haz tat boook longz timez :3
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Is there hope for change?
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Jodz - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010

Is there hope for change?

Teh devs did not ruin teh game, the QQerz did for themswelves and meh laugh at them rageqwitting b:chuckle

Chu know itz funneh too :3.

Lunch time almost gone bai bai
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    iz eating lunch from wat mah mama gave meh. I haz tat boook longz timez :3

It is useful as paperweight, but it also has other, more amazing properties. b:surrender

All you have to do is open it, read it, and try to understand all it says b:pleased

PS: Now that you have 2 of them, you can pass the 2nd one to the next fellow in need b:thanks
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Herpp

K.

@People with IQ over 40: I'm not trying to say that it is their fault that I am so negative. I am sorry I worded it so poorly. Forgive me.

As far as someone said in a previous post, I have to disagree with what you said about GMs and Mods doing a phenomenal job and openly communicating with us about things. The DQ Price thing is months and months old and we haven't heard a single useful reply from a GM yet. How many years should we wait for compensation?

I fear that this game might be too far down the wrong path to be fixed. However I still have a glimmer of hope that it might one day return to its former glory. /nerd
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    I fear that this game might be too far down the wrong path to be fixed. However I still have a glimmer of hope that it might one day return to its former glory. /nerd

It all depends what you want to be fixed to be able to see it as a 'good' game again. To quote my own post:
    things that can be changed: TT 3-x bosses, Nirvana bosses, TW rewards, DQ price
    things that can't be changed: packs, gold prices (debatable), oracles, hypers and... TW

If it's from the first category, it is possible. If it's something from the latter category, don't hold your breath.

I have already accepted that packs are here to stay and that the gold prices are around 400k.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Nightrage!!! Look to the sky!!!! Watch out!!!!!!!!!!1

Made you look. b:chuckle

/tosses chicken feed

Just incase your hungry.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
    edited September 2010
    Nightrage!!! Look to the sky!!!! Watch out!!!!!!!!!!1

Made you look. b:chuckle

/tosses chicken feed

Just incase your hungry.

b:worried
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Kupuntu, I understand about wanting to change TT 3-1, but the other 3-x and Nirvana are all appropriate difficulty, I think. All the Nirvana change did was make it harder for people to solo/duo.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Kupuntu, I understand about wanting to change TT 3-1, but the other 3-x and Nirvana are all appropriate difficulty, I think. All the Nirvana change did was make it harder for people to solo/duo.

I don't want a change. b:chuckle I honestly don't care one bit about the things I listed except for the DQ nerf. At least not yet; my squads can't even farm 2-3 without failing. Which means I don't want to go there yet.
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2010

all they did to nirvana was made it annoying and you can't afk. Solo is easy, duo is easy also, just can't afk T______________________________T
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    First off, good job for writing an even-handed evaluation of what's happened to this once great game. I still think it's a good game, but I'd be a fool if I didn't conceded that it has indeed gone downhill.
    Anniversary packs are back. Hundreds of pages of upset players post. The thread is ultimately ignored and PWI starts pumping more and more packs into the system. This marks the beginning of the decline of this game.
    This is correct.

Prior to this, problems with the game/events/sales were marked by apologetic responses by the company. However, the Anni Pack sales marked a complete shift in the company's relationship to its player-base. That was the moment when the company began to invoke the "silent-majority" argument to justify ignoring feedback from those who spoke up.

Now, compare PWI to a company like (a-certain-MAJOR-studio) that goes out of its way to foster community feedback. When they recently released a patch they thought the players would love, only to be met with hostility from a minority of their player-base for introducing an OP item, they cheerfully joined the player-base in supporting a "Destroy your (item) for charity!" event that raised a bunch of money for charity. Or in other words, they listened to and interacted with the vocal members of their player-base, thus fostering a positive relationship with the gamer community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited September 2010
    I've been white named like 3 times. I stand by what I said.

Then please tell me what I said or did so I may atone?

Edit: If you'd prefer PMs, that might lengthen the lifespan of this thread.
    edited September 2010
    It all depends what you want to be fixed to be able to see it as a 'good' game again. To quote my own post:

If it's from the first category, it is possible. If it's something from the latter category, don't hold your breath.

I have already accepted that packs are here to stay and that the gold prices are around 400k.

I think TW can be changed back. I heard a rumor that they already have changed it back in other versions. As far as reversing the damage caused by the change, I doubt that could be fixed. They ruined TW for smaller factions.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    I think TW can be changed back. I heard a rumor that they already have changed it back in other versions. As far as reversing the damage caused by the change, I doubt that could be fixed. They ruined TW for smaller factions.

I've been hearing the same rumors. Although on Sanct there are still 15 attack per week just like there used to be before. If the TW rules were just a 'joke' or something small faction can still bid like they used to. The chance of getting overbid sucks of course but at least here people are still TWing like they used to.

What else you'd need changed before you could say this game is not dead?
    edited September 2010
    I've been hearing the same rumors. Although on Sanct there are still 15 attack per week just like there used to be before. If the TW rules were just a 'joke' or something small faction can still bid like they used to. The chance of getting overbid sucks of course but at least here people are still TWing like they used to.

What else you'd need changed before you could say this game is not dead?

Fixing fish in PvP would probably be required. They are just ridiculous at this point.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I completely agree with everything you said in your first post NightRage, hopefully amidst all the QQing threads this one will stick out.

Also, the TT 3-x thing really does need to be fixed. Some people think it's fine, but that's probably because they either buy all their TT gear, or they aren't high enough level to want to start gathering 3-x mats.

It's really gotten to the point that no one wants to do any TT 3-x because of insane cleric deaths. As we all know, if the only cleric dies, they have to go back to town. Only one res scroll per 15 minutes, due to the cool down. It's very likely that while the cleric is coming back, everyone dies with no heals. This is extremely annoying and halts the entire dungeon run rezzing and rebuffing, getting chi, etc.

As for the TW thing, I don't really mind the secret bidding, but the mirage pay is nearly useless. If you divide up 100 mirages between a full 80, that doesn't even begin to cover the costs of chi pots, charms, or whatever else people may need to prepare for TW.

The UI still bugs me, but I'm learning to deal with it.
    The two things I mentioned seem the most ridiculous out of all the recent changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.