Dark Wanderer or Glacial Walker???

Options
DeadlyBliss - Harshlands
DeadlyBliss - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Venomancer
I kno that the glacial walker is said to be the best pet out there now but ive heard the dark wanderer has only slightly less stats with better attack and i think they look cooler. my question is, can the dark wanderer be viable as an everyday pet over the walker not just for everyday quests and grinding but for solo hh and higher fbs also? and can it tank most of the same things as a walker? and what skills to put on it besides bash which is a given. and if anyone with a high lvl wanderer cud share some info thatd be great too thanks!!
Post edited by DeadlyBliss - Harshlands on

Comments

• oberline
    oberline Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    mmm have to go back and look after maintenance for exact stats, but i have both wanderer and walker, and walker has higher attack, and phys def at same lvl of pets, I only a 32 Veno, with 32 pets, but atm Glacial>DarkWanderer for stats, mainly its whatever you think looks coolest for you:)( (I also have my bunny "Run Away!, Run Away")
  • Maddieson - Sanctuary
    Maddieson - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Actually, a Dark Wanderer has a better DPS than a walker. Your only problem with it, is going to be the magical defense.
    It's not my job to shut you down on a suggestion. It's a pleasure, though.
  • SupaRoyalty - Lost City
    SupaRoyalty - Lost City Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this same thread again? omgwtfhaxbbq
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Actually, a Dark Wanderer has a better DPS than a walker. Your only problem with it, is going to be the magical defense.

Yeah the magic defense, and it counterpart the sea monster guardian also a dps pet with defense problem though b:cold but has high magical defense even when you compare with glacial walker.
    (well glacial magic defense already not good anyway b:laugh)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    glacial walker hits slower than the wanderer.
    why would you only have one of them anyways? get both, your pet bag is your toolbox.
  • therealhisssna
    therealhisssna Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    i have a wanderer and I reallllllly love it its like having a guard more then the wall the glacial walker serves and as for the "why dont u get both?" its annoying to train them :) also BEST SKILLS FOR WANDERER i have 10m budget so im ready to go crazy
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    isnt hp pool a factor in tanking? i never had walker but i think it has much better hp than dark. so one is dps pet another one is tank pet...
  • MaouHime - Raging Tide
    MaouHime - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    its annoying to train them
    ?
    Maybe in early lvl 1-40, where you lvl quite fast, but starting from 50 your pets will be at full exp long before you will reach your level up.
    Atm I am only lvl 51 though and I train all my Pets to keep them up to date
    (Skatefish, DW, GW and Eldergoth... they are all lvl 51)
    I think Brael said something like this, if you don't want to level your pet or want to grind you've chosen the wrong class.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The problem is a lot of people level mostly through BH nowadays, and at 7x even doing all your quests may not be enough to level 1 pet. I honestly don't believe is that bad an idea to stick to just 1 land pet if you're comitted to keep it properly skilled/leveled. Personally i would go for the Wanderer, it makes for a good dps and should be able to handle most bosses that can be tanked by nonhercs, although you may need a couple of extra levels when compared to regular tanking pets. The dps should make up for it in most scenarios however and the pet is top tier at higher levels. You will need to get it an aggro skill (i'd recommend Bash) and for an Arcane build i would certainly advice swapping Pierce out for Howl. Keeping Tough leveled should do for situations in which you might need some extra endurance, if not enough the best substitution would be Roar for Threaten.

At high levels you may want to consider a herc, do read up on the subject and make up your own mind about this. If you feel you need a back up just choose whatever pet you like that's close to your level as an extra.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Aahhh, let the necro fairy bless this thread >:D !
    Back on topic, what is with everyone all over the dark wanderer- glacial discussion again?
    Glacial= uber tank, wanderer= great DD ( if you do not want to level a lvl 2 scorp which with skills out-DDs the horsey)... but this has been said on 4 different threads already in the last week or so :( , so 'Search' please ;) !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    LOL, you're right, i had only seen the date in recent replies and hadn't realized this was a necro...
    edited September 2010
    Options
    And you took the time to answer this one again, don't know where you get the patience b:cuteb:victory !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    b:lipcurl Is not so much patience as boredom...
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Yeah, I know what you mean *refreshes page to see new posts* :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]