New expansion idea: Wraith's Curse

volst
volst Posts: 180
edited October 2010 in Suggestion Box
Obligatory game is dead. Blah Blah Blah.

Anyways...

The wraith's are getting stronger, even player's can't resist them anymore.

So you just reached level 60, getting ready to equip your new tt60 gear, when a system message pops up. It doesn't say anything, but once you close it a tiny flying wraith mob appears. It starts attacking you with 1 damage. You can either decide to kill it or ignore it and pretend it's a pet. Either way it'll complete when it dies, you trash the quest or 30 min later.

You're thinking wtf was that about. Seconds later a new system message pops up. Seems like you've been cursed by the wraith. So you decide to go to 1k elder and see if there's anything you can do to stop it. He says yes. You decide to do it and he sends you to an instance.

Just as you're running to the npc inside the room, another system message appears and a wraith npc spawns. He tells you to join him and promises you powers. You either talk to the good npc and the quest is over or you talk to the wraith and continue.

If you choose to be a wraith, he gives you 3 choices of powers:
Strength: Increases you rage damage by 50%, decreases your max HP by 10%, and an instant skill that guarantees your next attack to be a crit and adds another +50% rage damage.

Speed: Increases you're base interval by 0.05/decreases channeling by 10%, decreases your max HP by 20%, and an instant skill that has a 33% chanceof negating any critical strikes for 20 seconds.

Defense: Increases your max HP by 10%, both resistances by 5%, decreases your attack level by 15, and an instant skill that absorbs one critical hit/attack that takes off more than 75% of your max hp and reflects it back to the attacker.

Each power has a different form. Another drawback is buffs from non-wraith players are 30% less effective. Can still use all normal skills.

You picked a form, but as the wraith is completing the ritual, a mysterious individual comes and strikes down the wraith npc. As a result you have you're wraith form, but can still revert back to your normal self. The unknown person then warns you it's not too late yet, and that he'll come back to finish the job.

Wraith players will have a skull icon next to their name, regardless if they're in wraith form or normal self.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    hmm interesting sounds like fun but wouldnt some of those powers be OP
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hooray, 5 APS Sage BMs and dagger Sins! All at the cost of a little bit of life!

AND THE WORLD WAS DESTROYED THAT AFTERNOON.

Get my point?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Hooray, 5 APS Sage BMs and dagger Sins! All at the cost of a little bit of life!

AND THE WORLD WAS DESTROYED THAT AFTERNOON.

Get my point?

/GG, end of discussion
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    So apart from a quest where you either get nothing or you get a bufed form, what does this 'expantion' do?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Also, there's a nice plot hole: Wraiths are the enemies of Tideborn, Elves, Untamed and Humans.

So effectively you'd never be able to enter a town or buy anything from an NPC because everyone would want to kill you.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • explex
    explex Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Sounds fun, but you say its an expansion idea, surely this is just a quest idea?
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    LOL really interesting new idea,

but there should be a possibilety NOT to choose beeing a wraith and gain another single Power/Reward instead... so all the players would be seperated in 2 groups (fighting against each other b:laugh)

second thing, there should be a limit of transformation, so if you wanted to go in town, you couldnt simply switch to your old self.. so more you use your wraith form the longer you cant switch back

third thing is if you are a WRAITH you couldnt fight against other wraith creatures, and they wouldnt attac you as well, so its only an Idea for PVP

so it shouldnt be allowed to buff not-wraith players, but then allowed to BUFF WRAITHS instead! LOL
    fighting another player and call a wraith to help you LOOOL this would be REALLY FUNNY!
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    LOL really interesting new idea,

but there should be a possibilety NOT to choose beeing a wraith and gain another single Power/Reward instead... so all the players would be seperated in 2 groups (fighting against each other b:laugh)

second thing, there should be a limit of transformation, so if you wanted to go in town, you couldnt simply switch to your old self.. so more you use your wraith form the longer you cant switch back

third thing is if you are a WRAITH you couldnt fight against other wraith creatures, and they wouldnt attac you as well, so its only an Idea for PVP

so it shouldnt be allowed to buff not-wraith players, but then allowed to BUFF WRAITHS instead! LOL
    fighting another player and call a wraith to help you LOOOL this would be REALLY FUNNY!

i like itb:laugh
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • NomisX - Dreamweaver
    NomisX - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    volst wrote: »
    Obligatory game is dead. Blah Blah Blah.

Anyways...

The wraith's are getting stronger, even player's can't resist them anymore.

So you just reached level 60, getting ready to equip your new tt60 gear, when a system message pops up. It doesn't say anything, but once you close it a tiny flying wraith mob appears. It starts attacking you with 1 damage. You can either decide to kill it or ignore it and pretend it's a pet. Either way it'll complete when it dies, you trash the quest or 30 min later.

You're thinking wtf was that about. Seconds later a new system message pops up. Seems like you've been cursed by the wraith. So you decide to go to 1k elder and see if there's anything you can do to stop it. He says yes. You decide to do it and he sends you to an instance.

Just as you're running to the npc inside the room, another system message appears and a wraith npc spawns. He tells you to join him and promises you powers. You either talk to the good npc and the quest is over or you talk to the wraith and continue.

If you choose to be a wraith, he gives you 3 choices of powers:
    Strength: Increases you rage damage by 50%, decreases your max HP by 10%, and an instant skill that guarantees your next attack to be a crit and adds another +50% rage damage.

Speed: Increases you're base interval by 0.05/decreases channeling by 10%, decreases your max HP by 20%, and an instant skill that has a 33% chanceof negating any critical strikes for 20 seconds.

Defense: Increases your max HP by 10%, both resistances by 5%, decreases your attack level by 15, and an instant skill that absorbs one critical hit/attack that takes off more than 75% of your max hp and reflects it back to the attacker.

Each power has a different form. Another drawback is buffs from non-wraith players are 30% less effective. Can still use all normal skills.

You picked a form, but as the wraith is completing the ritual, a mysterious individual comes and strikes down the wraith npc. As a result you have you're wraith form, but can still revert back to your normal self. The unknown person then warns you it's not too late yet, and that he'll come back to finish the job.

Wraith players will have a skull icon next to their name, regardless if they're in wraith form or normal self.

I think it is a good idea b:victory
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

OMG am i a nerd because i like lord of the rings?

i say yes >.>