Which 79 Skill?

Options
TankedBeast - Lost City
TankedBeast - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Barbarian
Yo, I 've been looking around to see if my 79 skills are worth the money/spirit to get. I was thinking about just getting 1 of them to save some effort, but i can't find anywhere that talks about which is better. Most people tell me the roar & stun is a fail BM skill and the immune to stun is only good in PVP.. I don't really pvp much and i am building to be pretty much just a pure tank... Sooo, any one wanna help me out? (btw if there is already a thread about this and my search missed it, my bad, i'm an idiot)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Leader of Sangnati (Latin for Blood Born/Nation)
We can be your best friend... Or your worst enemy...
Which would you prefer?
b:sin
100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
Yes, 5.0 really is OP. Yet, I still got it... b:chuckle
Post edited by TankedBeast - Lost City on

Comments

• Narcyz - Sanctuary
    Narcyz - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I don't know that either skill is vital, but i appreciate the breathing room they give while waiting for other skills/pots to cool down.

Outside of duels/pk, using Violent Triumph before going back to true-form and pulling stun-mobs offers you a few more seconds if your anti-stun pots aren't ready to use yet in Delta and the like. You can also use it before you Invoke or pop invulnerability pots in order to prevent their debuff side-affects.

Untamed Wraith also gives you more flexibility; if you need to regain aggro of a group immediately and Roar/Alpha-male are in cooldown, it's another option. Also, it's great when zhenning: it can actually aggro mobs in the middle of resetting.

It depends which situations you think you're more likely to find yourself in, but i'd choose Violent Triumph out of the two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I've been using both lately and find them fairly useful. *shrugs* I'd say if you have the spare cash and spirit...then go for it.

Pretty much what Narcyz said.
  • TankedBeast - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Thanks guys.. I figure I'll just have to save up and get both... Anyone else have input, feel free to share :D.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Which would you prefer?
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I made a thread about this awhile back actually lol. Truth be told, I use VT only in PK/Duels or else if I'm at Wurlord with a group I know absolutely will NOT be able to pass his clones to get to the portal.. I will VT -> Invoke and run in the middle of them till the squad is through, then run my furry behind through the portal myself.

PvE wise I find untamed wrath to be pretty useful especially when A) FC squad lacks a BM: send someone else to pull, and I catch with Untamed. B) Soloing in hell Ill run through some beasts of demonic roar, then use Untamed to catch them before they reset C) any other time i need to grab multiple mobs that roar and alpha just dont have the range for. I've pretty much discounted the stun aspect of untamed since.. you cant even get a skill off before it wears off (but you can slam -> untamed to buy some extra time, if for some reason you felt you needed to get mobs off of you quick)

neither is really essential IMO, but I think if you PvE more often than you PvP - untamed wrath is probably going to be better suited for a tanker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I've never really found untamed wrath to be that useful other than finding sins.

Violent has a lot of uses, doing the bishops in FC before/after 3rd boss if you don't have a BM. Using before invoke or damage immunity pot to avoid the "side effects", and especially TT3-2/3-3 where every single bosses loves to stun/sleep you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • TankedBeast - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I think i will go with untamed wrath first, then in a couple of levels (or whenever i get enough spirit/coins again) i will get VT... My main source of leveling is BHs and Aoe grinding, and untamed will help with both of them the most. I've ran a test frost run with some guildies and it seems to me another roar type skill will be very useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Which would you prefer?
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM