which is cheapest bm or barb

sunsio
sunsio Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
what the title says guys..i wanna knoe which is cheaper between bm/barb and do well in duels im not planning to spend any real money on this game..also which can solo better and what build to do..thx!!
Post edited by sunsio on

Comments

• Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Barbs aren't wanted that much anymore in squads, as bms can easily tank almost anything, same goes for sins, as a dd sins can tank pretty damn well
  • sunsio
    sunsio Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thx for the commit but this didn't answer my question...and what do you mean by dps sin is that a str build??..common ppl help me out here..
  • nin3tails
    nin3tails Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    From your question i say both are same price if you choose same game style, i.e. both may use axes, so the change here will be HP and skills but equipment will end up same, as for your asking with Duels and solo the game, is all up how good yo play this, i am a BM using Fist + Full Evassion, works very good killing monsters, still need to lvl up some more but i can defend myself against PK's, some say that due to axes give more damage you may lvl up quicker, but remember less acuracity here, barb will by force chose this way, BM gives free way, at high lvl's some stuff affects, like when your lvl 80 Barb, you can put lot Acu on your equipment to fix the miss.

I prefer BM as i tested both, feels more confortable to me, as you can also end using more than 1 weap, this is in case using axe gets you bored...
  • Mordre - Harshlands
    Mordre - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If you don't plan on spending money, I'd say go with a BM. Mediocre gears on a BM is better than mediocre gears on a barb, also the repair/charm fees that comes with end-game level gameplay as a barb gets rather expensive.

And just a side note, I think leveling up a BM will seem more interesting than barb, since you have 4 skill paths and you have to work on different weapons. When I first started playing this barb, I got bored and I leveled a Veno instead. Unless you have a lot of patience, you won't necessarily get past the first 58 levels as a non-CS barb and will most likely just give up.
    I'm a Care Panda D:
  • _Roflcopterz - Sanctuary
    _Roflcopterz - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I used to have a BM and using a barb atm. Basically I haven't found either character that much more expensive, it really depends on how much you intend to spend. However, barbs are definitely expected to spend more. A barb is expected to eat through mana pots and have a charm constantly at endgame wheras my BM used to be able to get away with spending very little and using no charm (besides in TW).