HERC AND PHOENIX FAQ; No more repeat threads!

Options
2»

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Or the budget tome: Christmas Tome runs about 1 million coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Dessia - Raging Tide
    Dessia - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Necro... this is a good FAQ, but it died....
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Or the budget tome: Christmas Tome runs about 1 million coins.
    Tokens are running around 10k each now that Coral packs are "permanent." That means you can make the mystical tome pages for 200k each. Fragment costs vary by server, but on HT it's about 40-50k. That puts the cost of a level 1 tome at 920-950k, making it cheaper than 1 mil for a Christmas tome.

(Yes, all those level 1 tomes you see on AH for 1.2-1.5 mil are from people running arbitrage schemes to make money off of people who don't know you can make the pages from tokens.)
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    christmas tome is around 900k average on my server. i got one with 800k some time ago
  • BlueMoonMisa - Raging Tide
    BlueMoonMisa - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Just remember each of these pets are fairly expensive to obtain and are not for the casual gamer (~19-22m coins)
    You get one of these pets for roughly 20m coins? That's cheap oO
    Add in that source/feathers comes in battle pet packs, that are 50 silver in cash shop. Or from other players for 2-3k each.
    Are they really that cheap on HT? On RT they go for at least 7.5k each and that's the minority of players selling them. Most shops sell them for 9999 coins.

So are they overpriced on RT? Btw. I've noticed that many things are a way more expensive on RT than on other servers. I know that prices vary on the different servers, but some items are really too expensive.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You get one of these pets for roughly 20m coins? That's cheap oO

Are they really that cheap on HT? On RT they go for at least 7.5k each and that's the minority of players selling them. Most shops sell them for 9999 coins.

So are they overpriced on RT? Btw. I've noticed that many things are a way more expensive on RT than on other servers. I know that prices vary on the different servers, but some items are really too expensive.

This guide is from before the Age of Spirits expansion when we didn't have Genies, chests of coins, and all the anni pack nonsense driving gold prices up.

So back then, gold was around 100k-150k (based on server) and those were the average prices.

Nowadays, you don't have a snowball's chance in hell of realistically getting it for that price.
  • MaouHime - Raging Tide
    MaouHime - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Agreed, at least at Raging Tide they cost about 80m.
    Gold prizes are ranging from 350k-500k and 1 of those SoF or Feathers cost 8000-10000.
  • Mike_Hunt - Sanctuary
    Mike_Hunt - Sanctuary Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Question I thought nix came with an aoe skill??? how does the nix get the skill and at what level?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Um, why would you ever even think that?

The monster nixes (that you can't tame, obviously) don't even have an aoe.

No pet skill is aoe. Not even roar (which shares name, animation and most of the effect with the barb roar) is aoe.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm getting 156 gold next week as a b-day present from my boyfriend IRL, so I was thinking of getting a herc. But will that even be close to enough to get one with the prices lately? I have heard more than once around forums and ingame that they go for 60mil or so, is there any validity to this figure?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    I'm getting 156 gold next week as a b-day present from my boyfriend IRL, so I was thinking of getting a herc. But will that even be close to enough to get one with the prices lately? I have heard more than once around forums and ingame that they go for 60mil or so, is there any validity to this figure?

In game price doesn't effect the botique price. o.O

You're gonna need around 200 gold, though. 156 is gonna be a little tight for purchasing straight through botique.

And there's no way you're finding 9999 SoF in a catshop, you'll have to buy it. And current prices on Sanctuary are roughly 12k per SoF, or 120 million in game coins.

If you can sell your gold for 900k a piece, you will have a few million left over to add another rare skill (like blessing of the pack, or claw) to your Herc if you want. But, selling that much gold in AH takes time, and selling it for that much may take a very long time. You have to factor in the selling fee, so you might just barely make your Herc after the fee anyway.

So... Good luck. My suggestion would be to sit on that gold until the next Pet pack sale. 50% off is pretty sweet for Nix/Herc, spending $100 on a Nix or Herc is a lot better than $200. Plus, you'd have 50 gold or so left over to do whatever with after you got a Herc (rare skills, bunch of molds, endgame gear, etc).
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    In game price doesn't effect the botique price. o.O

You're gonna need around 200 gold, though. 156 is gonna be a little tight for purchasing straight through botique.

And there's no way you're finding 9999 SoF in a catshop, you'll have to buy it. And current prices on Sanctuary are roughly 12k per SoF, or 120 million in game coins.

If you can sell your gold for 900k a piece, you will have a few million left over to add another rare skill (like blessing of the pack, or claw) to your Herc if you want. But, selling that much gold in AH takes time, and selling it for that much may take a very long time. You have to factor in the selling fee, so you might just barely make your Herc after the fee anyway.

So... Good luck. My suggestion would be to sit on that gold until the next Pet pack sale. 50% off is pretty sweet for Nix/Herc, spending $100 on a Nix or Herc is a lot better than $200. Plus, you'd have 50 gold or so left over to do whatever with after you got a Herc (rare skills, bunch of molds, endgame gear, etc).

Ah, okay, appreciates the info. I actually like the way the herc looks, but I have other macho pets to use in the meantime, so I can wait.