What the heck?

MrGaga - Dreamweaver
MrGaga - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Support Desk
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k285/tito3264/Wtf.jpg

Comes up everytime I try to log in. I click ok and it just shuts down the game. It started right after I started the Statues quest where you have to talk to the big statue with the guitar.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN??b:beatup
Post edited by MrGaga - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    WHAT DOES IT MEAN??b:beatup

Its a double-rainbow thats all, lol j/k, well since i dont speak or read that particular language, but i'd guess some sort of illegal operation error or similar, do you get a pwi crash report screen right after or it just completely gone?

Possible fixes you can try:

Scandisk - the error could very well be an unable to access file message, start up a scandisk (check for errors) and let it run its course, if it prompts you that the drive is locked blah blah let it set it to run at next reboot then reboot and let it run. I've had a few similar errors before and noticed a slight performance drop in my pc as well and scandisk seemed to have fixed it up

Compatibility mode - when all else fails it never hurts to run games under vista/win7 in winxp compatibility mode (just make sure you do compatibility mode on the elementclient.exe file not the launcher), something about how it addresses memory and resources seems to have a benefit on some games. also i noticed you have aero effects on, in my experience i've noticed a significant performance drop when running the client with aero on, in the compatibility page might wanna click the checkbox to turn off desktop composition (aka aero)

Display settings - a) keep your desktop running in 32-bit colour mode (anything less tends to make some rather annoying colour separation lines on your wallpaper anyways) and b) from the pwi launcher go into settings and have it redetect the best settings.

Kanto will likely ask for a copypasta of a dxdiag output log to go along with your screenie, while you're at it, if you can (some versions of dxdiag dont let you) do a 3d test on the video tab in dxdiag just to make sure its not a video card issue, if the 3d test runs its spinning cube fine with no screen corruption you're good video card wise.

Last resort, do a verify files from the launcher to make sure nothing got corrupted, this takes quite a while to so may as well get a bowl of popcorn and go watch a movie while its goin.

Of course, if someone can translate that error message it'd give ya a pretty perfect idea whats goin on.
  • MrGaga - Dreamweaver
    MrGaga - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Alright much appreciated. b:victory

Will try these!