TW? whats the Point now?

Rillman - Dreamweaver
Rillman - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Realy w/ the new rules and regs what is the point of having TW " AT ALL" , if now unless your ur already a Goliath major land holder u get banned . now who's to say what a legitimate chance is to win? how do u know in entirety what your up against till u try?
so now a faction can not grow in to a TW capable faction they already have to be one?
this is total nonsense
for real if this is the way u plan too keep running things why run them at all?
REMOVE the TW system if this is how ur gonna act while factions grow and try to evolve into there own Powerhouse.
i have Dumped Craploads of Cash into this game and to know i could get baned for try'n to TW like the Big wigs , try'n to better my character. but whats the point now. U have to already be the winner b4 u enter to not get banned.
so once again.
REMOVE TW !!!!! if this how ur gonna treat ur players for Try'n
Post edited by Rillman - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    There isn't any point now.

Kanto just shot himself, and anyone else working for PWI, in the foot.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The most hilarious part about that post was the part about not losing on purpose. What if you're the land holder, does that mean you HAVE TO fight? If so, then that's hilarious news for Sanctuary, since it seems like Nefarious has been no-showing Regicide TWs for the past X months.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Angarika - Harshlands
    Angarika - Harshlands Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:sin pwi is being shut down
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I like how Kanto shot all of DW in the foot if Cala manages to take the whole map . . . now we have no choice other than to try and hold the whole thing instead of potentially letting other factions enjoy TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    QQing. What's the point now?
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Only the top... 2 factions are allowed to bid in TW now.

That means that there is no more TW. The whole point of this is to get everyone to join the #1 TW faction on each server for their weekly mirages and so people can spend $$ trying to get rank 9 without having to worry about other factions getting a chance of getting the r9 stuff.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The most hilarious part about that post was the part about not losing on purpose. What if you're the land holder, does that mean you HAVE TO fight? If so, then that's hilarious news for Sanctuary, since it seems like Nefarious has been no-showing Regicide TWs for the past X months.

I would say our server is quite balanced atm as long as Regi doesn't do what Nef. did.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Mictain - Dreamweaver
    Mictain - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The fact that on Dreamweaver, Calamity holds all but 2 territories means a lot of the older factions that use to TW and lost to the Calamity/EQ war will be seen as "ganking" Calamity if they try to retake...and the sad thing is, Calamity can't even do anything about it. Even if they WANTED to make a balanced map again, the rules clearly state they'd be banned if they did.

As several people before me have already said...PWE as a whole shot themselves with this one. The first big blow was when they changed the reward (and that resulted in a huge decrease of TWing as a whole on Dreamweaver). The second blow is now, since neither Calamity nor any other faction really is going to invest the coin and/or gold into buying charms or making apoth to fight. I may be speaking out of turn for Calamity people since I'm not one of them, but in the same sense I don't see how any faction can take the map seriously anymore with these "previously established rules"

Bad business sense PWE...just bad...
  • WingedXepher - Dreamweaver
    WingedXepher - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I'm not in any side in this kind of stuff but...

So, if i got a land tomorrow, with a lil faction that i got... lets call it "iGotNoBalls", and someone bid on my land, if i tell the GM its a fake bid, he will ban without say anything? idk whats happening xD

Someone explain me plz xD
  • G_tar_God - Dreamweaver
    G_tar_God - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If weak factions get banned for tryiin to attack, what next? Strong factions get banned for biddin on the weaker factions cos they "obviously have a legitimate chance of winning" b:chuckle
    G_tar_God ~ 104
    Aussie represent for PWI

"Life without music would be a mistake..." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If weak factions get banned for tryiin to attack, what next? Strong factions get banned for biddin on the weaker factions cos they "obviously have a legitimate chance of winning" b:chuckle
    That's the way it's always been.

He only stated that to clarify that because many people seem to think that if you show up to a TW, even if it's 5 people that are all 6x, then it isn't a fake bid.

If a faction bids and it DOES NOT have a legitimate chance of winning, then it's a fake bid, plain and simple. It doesn't mean that if you're likely to lose you can't bid, it just means if you're showing up to a TW with your average member is 7x against a full 90+, then it's a fake bid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Rillman - Dreamweaver
    Rillman - Dreamweaver Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    if u got the land it would HAVE to be a fake ofc cuz ur not Cala or EQ would mean u would have to get banned.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    next they'll make it to where you MUST HAVE a full 80 in order to participate in TW. If you have any less than this, you won't be able to enter the field, or you may be banned.

/sarcasm.
    >.<
  • Over_Kill - Lost City
    Over_Kill - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    At first I was like wtf at your post then I saw this by a GM

"Small factions

Factions with too few members should not bid.

Factions with a low level average should not bid."

I think its complete bull. This is not fair to the new players/factions. This game is about fun(yes its about money for PWI before some smart *** says this in a reply but for players its about fun). A faction no matter how small should be allowed to bid for their fun. I got to admit PWI many are getting tiered of you ruining the game. Players leaving will mean less money for you. Then why do this ****... are you guys just stupid?

Yes its to stop fake bids, but you guys are potentially banning all small faction bids. I find your solutions ****.

Have a good day to you all b:bye
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    it just means if you're showing up to a TW with your average member is 7x against a full 90+, then it's a fake bid

But they aren't always showing up "to lose" or to help the main land owner maintain power. A year ago building a full TW team from 7x players average was common. And even now it still happens. The faction might not have much hope, but they WANT to experience tw. They intend to go out and fight their best and enjoy it. Level and "chance of success" shouldn't be a restriction.
    next they'll make it to where you MUST HAVE a full 80 in order to participate in TW. If you have any less than this, you won't be able to enter the field, or you may be banned.

/sarcasm.

Well... technically if you didn't have enough players, you wouldn't have a "legitimate chance". So yes, if your faction could only muster up say, 60 people and it was a bad night and only 40 turned up, you would most likely get banned. :/
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If a faction bids and it DOES NOT have a legitimate chance of winning, then it's a fake bid, plain and simple. It doesn't mean that if you're likely to lose you can't bid, it just means if you're showing up to a TW with your average member is 7x against a full 90+, then it's a fake bid

What if the people, the "fake bidders" are just trying to have some TW fun with friends?

Oh right... fun's not allowed is it? You might disturb the "big boys" (cash shoppers) fun, and PWI doesn't want whiny cash shoppers now do they?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    What if the people, the "fake bidders" are just trying to have some TW fun with friends?

With only 3 bids this weekend on Lost City, with only one top tier TW faction bidding... PWI should be begging for everyone to bid.... even if they're fake.

It would make the server appear less dead.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010

Oh right... fun's not allowed is it? You might disturb the "big boys" (cash shoppers) fun, and PWI doesn't want whiny cash shoppers now do they?
    If you do not have a legitimate chance of winning, then it's been a fake bid, IT HAS BEEN THAT WAY FOR 2 YEARS NOW.

What you don't understand is, if you go and place this fake bid, just to have fun, without having even the smallest chance of winning short of everyone in the other guild developing cancer, then it's a fake bid.

Now....

1. How do you have fun being rolled in 5 minutes? I've been in many TWs and the "fun" ones are the ones where I don't know which side is going to win. Where we go on for over 2 hours. I have NEVER been in a "fun" 5 minute roll, receive or giving end. Losing the 5 minute roll? Spawn, run off, die in aproximately 5 seconds, respawn, get buffed, run off, die in 5 seconds. Repeat about 4 times until our crystal is destroyed. And being the ones to win? Get in, summon mount, whoever is the first to grab a cata gets to be the cata puller. Run down B, one shot like 4 people, move to gate towers, one shot some more people, enter base, Have fun AOEing everyone and killing them. Cata destroyed, yawn, and leave.

2. Even if you enjoy that, in order for you to have "fun" you are inconveniencing an entire faction of people. we have to group up, head in, and beat you and then probably go do it to some other faction. Should we go in and kill your entire faction just to "enertain" you? When you decide to place a bid with no chance of winning you are wasting our time and you don't even plan to win?

3. Even Kantored acknowledged the formation of "alliances" even though there is no official ingame feature to allow for that. So if 2 factions decide to attack another, you are now probably breaking up their co-ordinated attack and cause them to lose. As a result the faction they're attacking, usually the biggest one on the server, grows bigger.

And 2 months later you're on the forums QQing about how one faction controls the map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    You know if they hadn't been stupid and made a limit of 3 incoming, "fake-bidding" wouldn't even be an issue and NO ONE (because no one should be able to) would hold the entire map?

And guess what? Everyone who pleased could TW and have fun.

But that takes too much effort? Or something?

*And don't say it wouldn't be fair to the defending faction, if you're not able/willing to defend the ENTIRE MAP, then you shouldn't control it*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Can we get a GM response on why the land limit rule isn't enforced?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    That's the way it's always been.

He only stated that to clarify that because many people seem to think that if you show up to a TW, even if it's 5 people that are all 6x, then it isn't a fake bid.

Yes except our leader was banned even with 40+ lvl 100 and 90's showing up and getting their crystal to 4mil. GO PW.
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    You know if they hadn't been stupid and made a limit of 3 incoming, "fake-bidding" wouldn't even be an issue and NO ONE (because no one should be able to) would hold the entire map?

And guess what? Everyone who pleased could TW and have fun.

But that takes too much effort? Or something?

*And don't say it wouldn't be fair to the defending faction, if you're not able/willing to defend the ENTIRE MAP, then you shouldn't control it*
    That's completely irrelevent. If a faction can defend the second, third, and fourth largest guilds ALL AT THE SAME TIME, then they deserve to take the map, as the server has clearly failed.

But that's completely irrelevent, don't bid if you can't win, is that REALLY such a bad thing?

Yes except our leader was banned even with 40+ lvl 100 and 90's showing up and getting their crystal to 4mil. GO PW.

That just sounds like a needless ban to me. The rules seem to state that only that you shouldn't attack unless you have a shot at winning, sounds to me like your faction had a decent chance at winning.

But that's more of an issue with an incompetent GM, not an issue with the rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    That's completely irrelevent. If a faction can defend the second, third, and fourth largest guilds ALL AT THE SAME TIME, then they deserve to take the map, as the server has clearly failed.

But that's completely irrelevent, don't bid if you can't win, is that REALLY such a bad thing?

Who be the one to determine who can and can't win?
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angarika - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    People fake bid for mirages? How long have I been gone?b:shocked
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    People fake bid for mirages? How long have I been gone?b:shocked

The mirage celestone mines be tapped out.
    The inhabitants of PWI be forced to battle it out in TW over the few remaining mirages, using whatever means necessary.
    D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    The mirage celestone mines be tapped out.
    The inhabitants of PWI be forced to battle it out in TW over the few remaining mirages, using whatever means necessary.
    D:

Apparently the GMs are desperate for them too, they're pulling out the banhammers.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited September 2010
    Who be the one to determine who can and can't win?
    b:chuckle
    The GMs.

It seems to me that it's most likely being stated this way, to prevent people from using the excuse of "but we were serious about that TW" to get away with fake bidding.

This is just so if a faction of 10 people all under 70 bid on a faction of 200 with over 50 people level 100+, when told they've been banned for fake bidding they cant say that there were serious.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angarika - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Apparently the GMs are desperate for them too, they're pulling out the banhammers.b:chuckle

cool i want to get banned so i told a gm to **** off in my sig and i still haven't gotten one :(
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I believe you all know the drill by now. Please keep it to the sticky blah blah...

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=818032
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.