Novelty Instance Mounts

quickdraw
quickdraw Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Suggestion Box
Just an idea which crossed my mind one day whilst running through a wined BH79, granted the fact that poor clerics are slow (and in almost everyway the much needed underdogs of PW) helped to prompt the concept. So what I am proposing is an instance based novelty mount, something that you can whip out and ride on while traversing through the halls of any hard, flat surfaced structure on some kind of wheeled apparatus to expedite movement speed. But more importantly have fun. :) Eg. a skateboard, rollerblades or maybe even for the young-ins a scooter, and preferrably provided as a choice between the options. It could be introduced as a time limited event gift on halloween or a similar globally recognised date, and dependant on how well it is received, could be implemented as a cash shop item in the future.
Post edited by quickdraw on

Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Sorry, but an instance mount doesn't look that necessary in my eyes.
    As for being slow, there is a reason why there's the genie skill "Holy Path" or a variety of speed potions. Speed gear is also an option... ^^
  • quickdraw
    edited September 2010
    Sorry, but an instance mount doesn't look that necessary in my eyes.
    As for being slow, there is a reason why there's the genie skill "Holy Path" or a variety of speed potions. Speed gear is also an option... ^^

Thank you for yet another classic example of someone who reads a post and seeks out an opportunity to impose your "greater knowlege of the game" on an apparently inferior individual. So thank you for "enlightening me" and please allow me to return the favour, starting with the first word of the thread:

"Novelty"
    n., pl., -ties.
    1.The quality of being novel; newness.
    2.Something new and unusual; an innovation.
    3.A small mass-produced article, such as a toy or trinket.

So a necessity, no, of course not, something for fun and out of the ordinary? Definitely.
    Speed wasn't an issue being presented, it prompted the idea. One of those "Hey you know what would be cool and fun..." moments. With all these changes that have been implemented which are rubbing people up the wrong way I think something fun and refreshing would be nice for a change, even if it only lasts a short while.
  • khaleeji
    khaleeji Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I like this idea , i would love to be able to ride a mount in the cave to get to boss faster after the turn in without spending coins on alot of chi stones b:victory
  • kingdom70
    kingdom70 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    quickdraw wrote: »
    Just an idea which crossed my mind one day whilst running through a wined BH79, granted the fact that poor clerics are slow (and in almost everyway the much needed underdogs of PW) helped to prompt the concept. So what I am proposing is an instance based novelty mount, something that you can whip out and ride on while traversing through the halls of any hard, flat surfaced structure on some kind of wheeled apparatus to expedite movement speed. But more importantly have fun. :) Eg. a skateboard, rollerblades or maybe even for the young-ins a scooter, and preferrably provided as a choice between the options. It could be introduced as a time limited event gift on halloween or a similar globally recognised date, and dependant on how well it is received, could be implemented as a cash shop item in the future.

Isn't the point of not having a mount in these locations to prevent players from cheating/bypassing stuff? I think the dev's wanted to stop this from being a problem which is why they were removed. Neat idea though, just not sure how it would work out.
  • vuce
    vuce Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If they did add this as a feature I would want one of these. b:chuckle

Or even better one of these.
  • Mega__blades - Lost City
    Mega__blades - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010

why in the hell would a instance mount be fair to have a mount is for travel not to just bypass stuff so u can beat something u r pathetic if u need a instance mount when there all that gear u can get that makes u faster!!!
  • Scarlettie - Sanctuary
    Scarlettie - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    why in the hell would a instance mount be fair to have a mount is for travel not to just bypass stuff so u can beat something u r pathetic if u need a instance mount when there all that gear u can get that makes u faster!!!

That's taking it a bit far man, calm down and relax. It was an interesting idea, not something that he needs to be called pathetic for. That simply makes you look childish and immature.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2010

They weren't suggesting using it to bypass anything, it was for faster movement when an instance is cleared out. They said they got the idea when running around a WINED instance. So they are wanting it for travel. They never once said they needed it. They never said they'd up and quit the game if they didn't have it or that they should definitely put it in. Like the last person said to you, you need to chill out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Thank you for yet another classic example of someone who reads a post and seeks out an opportunity to impose your "greater knowlege of the game" on an apparently inferior individual. So thank you for "enlightening me" and please allow me to return the favour, starting with the first word of the thread:

"Novelty"
    n., pl., -ties.
    1.The quality of being novel; newness.
    2.Something new and unusual; an innovation.
    3.A small mass-produced article, such as a toy or trinket.

So a necessity, no, of course not, something for fun and out of the ordinary? Definitely.
    Speed wasn't an issue being presented, it prompted the idea. One of those "Hey you know what would be cool and fun..." moments. With all these changes that have been implemented which are rubbing people up the wrong way I think something fun and refreshing would be nice for a change, even if it only lasts a short while.

Sorry for commenting on your thread and posting my own opinion. b:sad
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    That's taking it a bit far man, calm down and relax. It was an interesting idea, not something that he needs to be called pathetic for. That simply makes you look childish and immature.

"childish and immature" was being kind! The OP was about something fun not about a new item to give someone an advantage. As a cleric I am constantly running to catch up with everyone else and pedalling up on a tricycle would be hysterical!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • quickdraw
    edited September 2010

Hehe thank you for the LOLs dude, made my day at work here a little bit more exciting.

I don't think I need to respond further than that seeing as others who have actually understood my OP already have. Thank you guys, it is most appreciated and refreshing to see comments from intelligent people.

So just to clarify...again, the idea of "Novelty Instance Mounts" is NOT to;

(a) Cheat in any way.

(b) Bypass anything (for the record that is in fact what wine allows you to do...go figure)
    - The concept would be like any other mount, only more drastic, you take a hit and you get knocked off, you can't summon while in combat, therefore rendering it useless in boss battles.

(c) Gain any sort of advantage. - It would be available to every class and have the same speed limitations.

Now what this idea IS about is quite simple, good old fashioned FUN. b:pleased
    I am well aware of the fact that this is not needed, just like a drawing doesn't need colour but it sure does make it alot more interesting to look at. Or how about this one; fruit punch doesn't "need" alcohol...b:chuckle

I had envisioned myself cruising along on a skateboard, doing an ollie up on top of one of the fallen pillars in the 79 corridor and that's how the idea was born. But personally I like the tricycle one better hehe, meet up with the rest of the squad while ringing your bell mounted on the handle bars "Gather for buffs please" b:laugh

I do also realise that something like this would entail extra work by the developers, 3D modelling and animations etc. therefore an unlikely possibility, but hey you'll never know if you never ask. Everything starts with an idea.

peace b:victory