Level 20 sin advice

hypertrophy
hypertrophy Posts: 15 Arc User
edited October 2010 in Assassin
Currently level 20 and having severe trouble. My evasion must really suck, because I dodge almost nothing. My build up to this point has been 1str and 4 Dex, with 1 vit every other level. I notice that every mob, level 20-21, takes me down to between 40-60%. Within two mobs, I can be as low as 30%, and these are melee/physical mobs.

Armor consists of the level 15-18 quest armor (decent stats), and weapons are the level 20 daggers.

Is it normal to have to drink a pot every other mobs or meditate every other mob? This is really getting to be a slow leveling process and I am only level 20!
Post edited by hypertrophy on

Comments

• ehnoismano
    ehnoismano Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    until lv 30 the life is hard like a charmed barb, but after lv 30 and lv 34, the life get completely diferent, you'll spam spark and recover a good amount with bloodpaint
  • hypertrophy
    hypertrophy Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I see. Is this a sticking point for most classes? Seems the mobs get considerably harder in just a couple levels.
  • _GrimStorm_ - Dreamweaver
    _GrimStorm_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    from lvls 1-20 sure my sin felt cool but he was getting pushed around.

lvls 21-30 I was drinking hp pots like it was rum and I was a drunken pirate! life was hard... death here... death there...

31-40 oh look I didn't had to pot after that mob.

41-50 wow, I'm actually doing some damage here. going steath is cool.

51-60 now this is what I'm waiting for. I finally can kick ***... hey I haven't died in a long time.

61-70 whole squad is dead but me :)

71-75 (current spot for me) that's right I just saved the squad, don't need a cleric I can solo quest :), in bh's oh look I'm taking aggro from the tank....again >.<

anyway what I'm trying to say is that is gonna get way better... just hang in there... the start sucks as a sin... at my current spot of 75 I love it... I can tank things my 82 bm cant... I can hold aggro is needed. I can take aggro if I want it. hell I can even take and hold aggro while using my tt-70 bow :) if there is no barb in squad (take it away from a 79 Bm). I can't wait until can solo bh59...

ps: I'm sure the right player with the right gear can be better, I'm just saying enjoy my sin more than all my other 5 alts.
  • _GrimStorm_ - Dreamweaver
    _GrimStorm_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    pps: I caped my vit at 30... I'm too poor to refine pass +3 or +4 when I'm lucky... maybe if I hit the lotto I will bring vit back to 5 and more the 25 points to dex. so far I haven't died in a long time... I did die the other day but I don't count it cuz I was being stupid... pulled 6 magical mobs and thought I could tank them all hahaha almost got them the last one killed me as I killed it :P
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Your melee and squishy. So yea, mobs are ganna hurt you.

At lvl 34 you'll get bloodpaint, which heals you as you do dmg.
    Until that point, learn apo lvl 1, farm golden herb and nectar, and take life powders. +50hp/sec regen means your back to full hp when you reached the next mob, and you still heal for a decent amount during the fight
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, after Blood Paint, each 10 level stage just gets better and better.

Oh and note that we are HIGHLY gear dependant classes. I Only have 2 pieces if gear 1-star: bracers and helm. The helm is easily explainable as it's hard to get proper helms for LAs ><, the bracers because they are 4x -0.05 int.)...all my other gear is 3-star, mold, and TT.

Also, shard some garnets. I had a Armor of Greiving Sorrows with 3 cits in it til I got my Rank IV chest. I was much squishier til I put garnets in my top and let me tell you, it makes a HUGE difference, even more than citrines imo. As I heard, a combo of citrines and garnets works wonders and I can attest to that.
    One final thing: Sparkburst as often as possible; don't waste that chi on HeadHunt or Subsea Strike (when you get them). HeadHunt is a PvP skill and Subsea is for AoEing with a squad.

Hope this and the other posts help and I hope you hang in there; the rewards down the road are goldy.
    pps: I caped my vit at 30... I'm too poor to refine pass +3 or +4 when I'm lucky... maybe if I hit the lotto I will bring vit back to 5 and more the 25 points to dex. so far I haven't died in a long time... I did die the other day but I don't count it cuz I was being stupid... pulled 6 magical mobs and thought I could tank them all hahaha almost got them the last one killed me as I killed it :P
    Yeah, I was a hybrid til I restatted with an Intermediate Reset All Stone (was a dumbass and statted some mag ><) and have 37 vit now and I be loving it. I'm gonna cap at 40 next level to get that extra 1 HP regen/s then I resume with pure dex stat distribution.
    from lvls 1-20 sure my sin felt cool but he was getting pushed around.

lvls 21-30 I was drinking hp pots like it was rum and I was a drunken pirate! life was hard... death here... death there...

31-40 oh look I didn't had to pot after that mob.

41-50 wow, I'm actually doing some damage here. going steath is cool.

51-60 now this is what I'm waiting for. I finally can kick ***... hey I haven't died in a long time.

61-70 whole squad is dead but me :)

71-75 (current spot for me) that's right I just saved the squad, don't need a cleric I can solo quest :), in bh's oh look I'm taking aggro from the tank....again >.<

anyway what I'm trying to say is that is gonna get way better... just hang in there... the start sucks as a sin... at my current spot of 75 I love it... I can tank things my 82 bm cant... I can hold aggro is needed. I can take aggro if I want it. hell I can even take and hold aggro while using my tt-70 bow :) if there is no barb in squad (take it away from a 79 Bm). I can't wait until can solo bh59...

ps: I'm sure the right player with the right gear can be better, I'm just saying enjoy my sin more than all my other 5 alts.
    +1 I've tanked a few bosses in BH59 and I can actually take aggro from my lvl 90 Demon BM faction leader (tho he hypered there just for Demon spark and still has lvl 8x gear xP) Can't wait till 8x for Healing Trance and Hook and Thorn daggers; I'll be unstoppable then as I'll be attacking faster than claws/fists and MUCH harder x3
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Taste_of_God - Lost City
    Taste_of_God - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Currently level 20 and having severe trouble. My evasion must really suck, because I dodge almost nothing. My build up to this point has been 1str and 4 Dex, with 1 vit every other level. I notice that every mob, level 20-21, takes me down to between 40-60%. Within two mobs, I can be as low as 30%, and these are melee/physical mobs.

Armor consists of the level 15-18 quest armor (decent stats), and weapons are the level 20 daggers.

Is it normal to have to drink a pot every other mobs or meditate every other mob? This is really getting to be a slow leveling process and I am only level 20!

u want to know why u get hit? it's cos u added vit.
    go make a new sin and add str for daggers and rest of points to dex, dont worry bout str armor. at lv 30 u can get rank gear that requires no str to wear.