The death of PVP.....

Options
2»

Comments

• PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    pvp on lost city dead year ago when ragequit finaly quitted ;) and bloodlust disbanded
    the only pvp that we were seeing around was in silver pool, secret passage, hidden orchid and of course west gate

/carebear spying on the pvpers
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Fixed for you.You are welcome. Come pk me if you can. o wait are you a blue name?b:bye
    I can tell by your fonts.
    I'm actually red right now, some 8x cleric thought it would be a good idea to stand next to me while I 1vs1 a mage b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Meh , I think ppl on pvp servers ( or at least the old schools ) got used to good pvp way back like the " fight for your lvls " thing around the map trying to get zhen/grind spots & what not .

Now pk seems to be nothing more than a "wait fest" .

Maybe something like this ? :

" - Player 1 comes & kills player 2 in 1v1 , let's say comparable lvls/gears or not that big of a gap at least .

- Player 2 sits in SZ till he gets more ppl to help him so they can 100% win vs player 1 .

- Player 1 sits in SZ & calls help as well .

- 1 fight again , and player 2 waits again for even more help if they loose or just doesn't come out till he gets even more ppl .

And this keeps going on over & over again thus you have get something like 1 hour of waiting for 15 mins of pvp ( more or less ) .

It's happening on all servers just that pve ppl had it happen much earlier + allot of them didn't care much about pk so they never bothered . More would prolly like to now when they're at end-game with less things to do but sucks for them since they lost their chance for actual good pvp .

I've always regretted not joining LC in the early days of PWI & choosing the boredom that is Sanc as a server , one of the 1st servers known as " SafeZoneary" praised for it's SZ hugging & wait fest in pk .

Now it doesn't really matter that much since pk sucks on all servers . I just joined RT because it was the newest one when I got back into playing again :P

Besides , believe it or not , the TWs are pretty active here & pretty good ( I hope it'll last ) as well as tourney & DT .

It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    +1

I think everyone forgets that pk as a whole(on all servers as mentioned) has changed. If some actually played back in the days on Sanc, you'd know, even though we might not have been as "pro", that pk was effin awesome. I remember people always telling me id never make it to secret passage if i didnt fly fast. Yes we also had to worry about getting pked while questing because back then, after 30 we were like "eff yea pk!" well a good number of us were. (and yes I actually do miss those days when pk wasn't refined to the normal "hotspots")

And here the tourny is still usually active and DT has its fun not to mention our occasional lagfest. Granted we're mostly ground-based pvp but different servers have different styles. So to end this post, I think it'd be more appropriate to say that "Oldschool" pk has nearly vanished and is replaced by this "new" style. Yes I hate the sz hugging when I do pk. Sure ganking might tick me off. But it's pvp; ALWAYS expect to be ganked. Main thing is that pvp/pk is still fun regardless of style...well besides the hax 5.0 sin Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    yashino wrote: »
    most people switch cuz
    1. keep getting pked over and over
    2. cant keep up with the op players

and so sometimes they came back stalk LC forum wait for opportunity to "say something" b:bye

quoting myself for the new PvE Server stalkerzb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Judging by PK Tourney tonight, Lost City is dead.

16 people in our first room... over 30 chests not dug.

With Warsoul Tags and decent exp being ignored, it's not a good sign.

It's hardly worth logging in anymore.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Complaining about **** pvp was the cool thing in 2009. 2010 is just a circlejerk of wallets and nerd rage.
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    is this Lost City forum?
    why do i see HT/Sanc/RT/HL talking as if they know =\
    This thread was in General Discussion moron but it got moved, glad to see all the rage from LC noobs though b:chuckle
    LoLYouStillMad at HH? how our LCers can do HH3-x and you guys dont?
    Sure you can and we can't, whatever you say. You didn't even play after the patch that boosted bosses I guess? Something tells me you'd fail, idk why.

The difference is, you use glitches (like saving instances, spawning more bosses at once like I saw in some thread - where not surprisingly, 90% of replies that know about the glitch were from LC b:chuckle) so you do faster but you are actually still noobs at it. Especially because you have to use the said glitches than play the game normally, shows how much of a noob you really are.

And aww yashino why did you quit? Because you suck too much or the server got boring? For someone that says how great LC is and how pr0 you are, you sure show the total opposite by quitting lmao

lol PvP event on a PvP server and dead.

So much fun this LC is that's why it's dying now ;o
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    y the fudge is there so many player from other servers butting into our forum? get out n mind yor own business b:angry
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

i would have participated if i wouldn't have been asleep at this time...

do you qq about easy money? b:bye
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss