Core Achievements Too Boring

Options
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Suggestion Box
Is anyone else disappointed by the current selection of achievements? The PWI achievements seem pretty boring, even when compared to the other PWE games. Here I can list everything you can achieve.

Character
-Level every class to 90.

Crafting
-Nothing.

Economic
-Have 500,000 coins
-Buy 500 things from the Cash Shop
-Buy 100 random pigments form Cash Shop
-Buy 25 Gold in AH
-Sell 25 Gold in AH

General
-Stay logged in for 24 Hours

PVP
-Kill 50 people

Quests
-Do 1000 quests

Social
-World chat 50 times
-Speak in Guild Chat 5 times

And thats it! You do those and you get every achievement in the game. Most of these are uninspired and too easy.

Here is where I would have put achievement caps:
-10,000 PVP kills instead of 50
-200M coin economic achievement
-5,000 gold AH achievements
-5,000 world chats
-Final leveling achievement at 100

Other than that there needs to be more interesting achievements. Here are a few ideas:

Cube Master: Complete Cube of Fate 100 times
True Love: Embrace another player for 12 hours.
The Legendary Hero: Defeat Harpy Wraith
Power Walk: Complete a World Quest without flying or teleporting
Oopsie Daisy: Sell a Gold TT mat to an NPC
Fear Me: Refine a weapon to +12
Never Give Up: Die in an instance 20 times or more
Ooo Pretty: Make a gold genie of each of the 4 types
Noone Likes Me: Be on the blacklist of 10 other players or more

It took just a few minutes to think of those and they seem much interesting than the current selection.

Are there any plans to add better achievements?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    The biggest problem with your suggestions would be that the game probably doesn't log things like completing cube and such. Would be cool if it did though; most people don't do cube at all and other suggestions are nice too.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Forums
    - I'm Pro & Don't Need to Post in an existing topic!: Creating a new topic about an existing one.
    - Trollaholics Anonymous: Take part of forum debates on a level 1 alt (or forum nick without character name) nobody recognizes.
    - Obsessive Compulsive Rebellious Rebel: Make 50 posts of "game is dead".
  • tigerstorm74
    tigerstorm74 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

True Love: Embrace another player for 12 hours.

Done !! b:victory
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    - I'm Pro & Don't Need to Post in an existing topic!: Creating a new topic about an existing one.

Meh, in my opinion a thread discussing the lack of creativity in achievements is distinct from a thread announcing the release of an updated profile system which includes other things.

I do think forum achievements would be a good idea tho.
    The biggest problem with your suggestions would be that the game probably doesn't log things like completing cube and such. Would be cool if it did though; most people don't do cube at all and other suggestions are nice too.

I bet they keep track of which quests you do and what things you kill. They actually keep a more detailed log than you'd think so customer support people can investigate tickets. Of the ones I listed the ones that is most doubtful is walking a world quest. In any case the current achievements seem more bound by lack of creativity than technical limitations.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Forums
    - Trollaholics Anonymous: Take part of forum debates on a level 1 alt (or forum nick without character name) nobody recognizes.

You forgot:

- They see me trollin': post more than 50 posts in one day
    - Look at me go!: get perma-banned
    - Cool story bro: get ten different threads locked
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I do agree that many of the current achievements are boring, although I think the level ones are apt enough. I mean, let's be honest, even level 100 isn't really an achievement any more, so it doesn't matter whether their final level achievement was at 90 or 100 either way. Both are easy to get.

I also have to agree that the achievements you suggested would certainly be fun things to work for, but some would be very limited if not completely impossible. For example, Harpy is almost an exclusive world boss; only a number of guilds can work together enough to kill Harpy and of those they are also fighting against each other to kill it first. This is an example of an achievement that would simply be too impossible for the majority of the community, even several heavy cash shoppers.

The other achievements you suggested were better, I just don't think the game logs things like cube runs. It would be pretty awesome if it did.

I also thing forum achievements should be in order, but at the same time what you have for one forum you must have for the other forums of their games, and it could well be they don't implement forum achievements for PWI or simply in general because they can't be bothered to check all their game forums.

But we can all sit and dream, right? Right?

I'd offer some suggestions for achievements but I'm out of any decent ones. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Meh, in my opinion a thread discussing the lack of creativity in achievements is distinct from a thread announcing the release of an updated profile system which includes other things.

I do think forum achievements would be a good idea tho.

I bet they keep track of which quests you do and what things you kill. They actually keep a more detailed log than you'd think so customer support people can investigate tickets. Of the ones I listed the ones that is most doubtful is walking a world quest. In any case the current achievements seem more bound by lack of creativity than technical limitations.

I was browsing through the PWI files for fun once ( I look, not edit, and only at text files), and found a text file that contained every single quest my veno had ever done and the date and time each one was finished. They record it all.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Killing Harpy wraith should be a quest achievment, except you can't complete the quest cause it doesn't allow you to turn in.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Forums

I win, give me points please.
  • CornHilario - Heavens Tear
    CornHilario - Heavens Tear Posts: 647 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    if you ask me, acheivements should be less SRS BIZNESS and more fun. heres a sample maybe:

BBQQ: As a Wizard, kill a player with Fire damage(Pyrogram, Blade Tempest) and cause them to log off.
    One corn to rule them all and in the darkness cream them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MS paint ftw. Disclaimer: my suit is actually gray, not black.

♥: The best f♥♥king censor ever. Always remember to show
    love to eachother on the forum even when you are cussing eachother out.
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Oopsie Daisy: Sell a Gold TT mat to an NPC
    Noone Likes Me: Be on the blacklist of 10 other players or more

Are these really achievements lol XD
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    While PWI's achievements are too easy, yours are just too hardcore. lol