Would you change servers if given an option

IVIrJasper - Heavens Tear
IVIrJasper - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Arigora Colosseum
Perhaps you are on a PvP server and suck at PvP and don't want to reroll your class on a new server.. Perhaps you're on a PvE server and have godly gear and want to see how you fair on a PvP server.. Would you change and for what price would you be willing to pay to make this change? Discuss maybe if this thread gets big enough the Devs would look into making this an option (although not likely)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I SHALL SMASH YOUR SKULL LIKE A CLAM ON MY TUMMY!
Post edited by IVIrJasper - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yes...and I would pay for it b:chuckle

Might be a nice change...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    When I just switched over to HL, I wished I could've brought my BM over. I would've paid up to 100 gold for a boutique item to transfer characters. But it doesn't matter now b:cute.
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yes, if such an item existed I would pay for it.

But then I'd get to thinking that most people would probably end up leveling their char and gearing them up on a PvE server just to switch them over to a PvP server in the end. Kind of like a safe zone -> leaving safe zone thing.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yes, if such an item existed I would pay for it.

But then I'd get to thinking that most people would probably end up leveling their char and gearing them up on a PvE server just to switch them over to a PvP server in the end. Kind of like a safe zone -> leaving safe zone thing.

That's kind of lame if they did, but honestly, leveling on PvP server isn't any harder than on PvE. Your PQ might occasionally get interrupted by PKers, but they can't get you in BH or FC b:chuckle.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    how often are you out of safe zone when you're levelling or working on gear? maybe public quest but most leveling and working on gear is done in instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • NoPainNoGain - Dreamweaver
    NoPainNoGain - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i wud pay to get my sin to a pvp server, im a pvp addict and i have no idea why i went PvE server at start...damit what were i thinking... yes i wud pay but comon, why cant it be free? nothing is free in this game <.<
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I would've paid up to 100 gold for a boutique item to transfer characters.

Yup, thats what I was thinking. $100 gold.

Could make it so you could only transfer from pvp to pvp or pve to pve if thats a problem. I think its just something people on a pvp server say to make them feel special - like they worked harder leveling (in Frostcovered city and bh, mind you b:bye) than people on a pvp server.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    when you had to grind for your level it certainly mattered

but now, yeah no difference

and for all we know, there could be server merges instead if archosaur/raging tide take a big enough hit when FW comes
  • _GrimStorm_ - Dreamweaver
    _GrimStorm_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    100 sounds like a nice number... would love to move my sin or bm to a pvp server. or my sin to a newer server like archo or ragin tide... I'm sick of looking at the tw map all red from calamity here on dream lol
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Considering these days it takes less than a month to lvl to 100. No.
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No, I love Lost City. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I can just see all of Lost Cities best moving to Harshlands and at the same time Harshlands best come to Lost City. Both of course thinking that things would be better.

This would end up leaving Lost City a crappy server and Harshlands the new best PvP server. b:chuckle
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yes i would change and i would not mind paying for it.

Would be nice with new people and new community lol. Than i guess you can always change back XD

Problem with switching is all your stuff. I mean mats thats worth 100k on LC are worth 600 -1 mil on lets Raging Tide and Archo. People could make so much money totally abusing the system, if you where allowed to switch bank/inventory to new server as well.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yes i would change and i would not mind paying for it.

Would be nice with new people and new community lol. Than i guess you can always change back XD

Problem with switching is all your stuff. I mean mats thats worth 100k on LC are worth 600 -1 mil on lets Raging Tide and Archo. People could make so much money totally abusing the system, if you where allowed to switch bank/inventory to new server as well.

I agree. It's more about the community now that I like about the game/server. Would be nice to have an inter-server world chat or such xD or a multi-server area
    *can only wish*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~