80-89 Barbs dont know how to aoe aggro mobs and stay alive???

GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Barbarian
Heya guys!

I have a lvl 82 bm and recently started FCC and its really sad to say most barb lvl 80 to 89 i have come across r epic failsb:surrender. Last time this lvl 86 barb tried to pull the first room (magic mobs) in FCC in human formb:shocked and died with in the first 5 sec and started flaming at the cleric for it, another barb dint know what invoke was!!! and most do not have the common sense to invoke when their hp gets low. 2 days ago meet a lvl 89 barb who had lvl 1 roar and sunder.
I mean come on ppl please ready the guide at least before u start a barb cause ur lvl means nothing if u don't know how to play a barb.
I start FCC on my barb when i was lvl 80 and really never had a problem with it except the first time i did it and i learn from the mistakes i make. It really pains me to c soo many fail 8x barb in our serverb:cry

If there is any good 8x barb in our server plz let me know so i can go fcc with u :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    No offense, but rather than complain take one of them under your wing and teach 'em how to do it. I've done about 6 training runs in the last week in FF. Teaching clerics, barbs and BMs what to do, when and where to do it. (And I did it on my archer.) Takes a little longer but it's well worth it. Good barb performance in FF is a combination of skill and faith in your HP, skills and squad.

I have no idea if your squad was a random squad or not, but I've found that it takes a few runs to know just how everyone in the squad is going to react in different situations.

I'm not making excuses for barbs that don't know how to sunder or invoke...that's just plain laziness. However running FF is different with every squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I agree with XylolyX however, a lot of barbs these days...(or at least in our server) Dont like to be told how to do their job by others. Even when i am on my barb and trying to hand out advice i get snippy comments or just silence. To much arogance in the game these daysb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I still got lvl 1 sunder and evoke. What's wrong with that? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I don't even need to invoke while pulling. Maybe its my build, maybe its my gear, maybe its the path I take, maybe its just me. But when I pull I start off with a potion, and generally keep potting at each cool down during the first few pulls that have mage mobs. If my HP drops below 50% I go ahead and bestial rage for that awesome magic defense.

Hell ive done Full FC runs without a single HP pot in my inventory and didnt die. Ive done pulls where the cleric was BB'ing at the wrong spot, managed to hold aggro and no one died.

I don't use holy path either, just my basic speed - which now that I have demon true form is up to 9.2 meters/sec (10.0 with archer speed buffb:victory).

People really need to take the time to level up to at least the 60s without using dalies so that they learn what their skills do >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    XylolyX i do get where u r coming from, i really do and i do try to explain it to them.
    But wat will i say when i get reply's like this:

"Dont tell me HOW TO DO MY JOB U IDIOT"

"If u know soo much y don't u tank"

"what is invoke!!"

"I told u i don't want to tank, just wana DD"

Really had to teach when u get that kinda attitude b:surrenderb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    honestly if you cant learn how to do FC after 2 runs your a moron.

i cant really say how many barbs are bad at FC becuase my barb is the only char i have high enough to FC. and well... i know how to do it. its the rest of the damn sqaud i have trouble with.

i have only ever had ONE FC squad that didn't wipe at the "claw" boss

and thats becuase every time we get a moron who decides to aoe after we started a billion times not to. and those stupid bms who dont realize cyclone heel is still aoe.
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    ^i've had to solo that boss on more than one occasion because of someone either missing a hand or (more recently) the psy who said "NO AOE GUYS" and then as soon as the first clone appears -> she aoes. I'm like WTF?!?! do you not know your skills?!? b:angry

However, you can use AoE at that boss. Its not the fact that its an AoE which kills you.. its the fact that the AoE is being used at the wrong time. I've used surf impact before safely, and HF can be used safely... Just not when the clone is right next to the boss. If you have people in squad that can't figure out when its safe to use those skills and when it isn't, then its best to say "no aoe".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    There will always be fails of every class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    XylolyX i do get where u r coming from, i really do and i do try to explain it to them.
    But wat will i say when i get reply's like this:

"Dont tell me HOW TO DO MY JOB U IDIOT"

"If u know soo much y don't u tank"

"what is invoke!!"

"I told u i don't want to tank, just wana DD"

Really had to teach when u get that kinda attitude b:surrenderb:sad

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood you. If you're getting those types of responses then there's no reason to keep trying. I think maybe I've been lucky, as most of my FC runs have been with friends, their alts and their friends. Most, if not all, of them know my barb and I have tanked something for them at least once.

I did do a run on my archer and the barb would only Roar to grab aggro, so as soon as I AOE'd the mobs I'd pull 6 or 7 directly to me. I mentioned Sundering once mobs were gathered and I got a "Sunder pulls aggro?" response. After that, each pull was followed by a Sunder and I didn't pull mobs off the tank.

So if any barbs in HT in the 85-90 lvl range wanna run some FFs, hit me up on my archer. I promise I won't be too bossy. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    ....If there is any good 8x barb in our server plz let me know so i can go fcc with u :)

Well...i can consider myself as a good barb, and while in squad im very talkative and like to give advices/order when needed, and i like to channel the attention of squad and mobs to me in all manners...

if u cant find a good barb for your FCC/TT/and stuff just send me a PM, id like to help you if im not already busy in another instance...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Heya guys!

I have a lvl 82 bm and recently started FCC and its really sad to say most barb lvl 80 to 89 i have come across r epic failsb:surrender. Last time this lvl 86 barb tried to pull the first room (magic mobs) in FCC in human formb:shocked and died with in the first 5 sec and started flaming at the cleric for it, another barb dint know what invoke was!!! and most do not have the common sense to invoke when their hp gets low. 2 days ago meet a lvl 89 barb who had lvl 1 roar and sunder.
    I mean come on ppl please ready the guide at least before u start a barb cause ur lvl means nothing if u don't know how to play a barb.
    I start FCC on my barb when i was lvl 80 and really never had a problem with it except the first time i did it and i learn from the mistakes i make. It really pains me to c soo many fail 8x barb in our serverb:cry

If there is any good 8x barb in our server plz let me know so i can go fcc with u :)

This is why they fail
    http://img265.imageshack.us/i/20100907222041.png/

I am only trusting my own friends and faction members that I know now, but I semi-quit because of work
    There will always be fails of every class

Including you squishy 13k HP barb... including you. Do you know what flesh ream means scrub? And LOL @ barbs not can't use keep aggro as pure VIT. I think you don't know how to PVE or PVP, seriously scrub... do you realize flesh ream takes only 15 chi and 3 seconds cooldown? Fail.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    im a str vit build and i do just fine keeping aggro..prob cause i update my stuff.And anyways the mobs in the big room should be down 10sec or less in a 95+ squad.Like in rebirth the barb is a aggitator with mobs using alphamale,roar..etc you break up aggro..the rest go to the dd'ers with aoe...and most dd'ers with aoes hardly update their skills to near max anyways.When u have tangling mire+HF and other aoe's going on in a party and the mobs arent dead soon after..not the barbs fault.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I still ponder why barbs use claws. I still kill them easier than claw bms. Maybe it's just the failness of the +10 claw barbs on HT idk. And PvE, claw/fist bm are still better I believe?

I stopped running FF after all these hyper-people. I went in to help a friend afew months back. I got flamed like nothing cos I didn't aggro every single mob upto 1st boss.

Never again b:cryb:bye Fluffies have feelings too b:chuckle
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    barbs are comin up through lvls like that. I have a lvl 76 fist bm with nothing impressive (dark flash +2 and a flawless and lucky enough to have wrists with -.05 int). duringbhs in 59 I auto atk and use HF when it coolsdown since I always have enough spark. I dont even double spark to up my own damage. It is amazing how many barbs I steal aggro from anymore. even ones using decently upgraded calas I steal from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    im a str vit build and i do just fine keeping aggro..prob cause i update my stuff.And anyways the mobs in the big room should be down 10sec or less in a 95+ squad.

doesnt even have to be a 95+ squad even. Ive done 80-90 runs where I was "holy **** I didn't have a chance to roar" because the mobs were basically dead after I pulled, sunder, BM HF, DD does Whatever
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    I rarely use Roar. IMO it has too long of a cast...when I need aggro I need it NOW. In FF runs I will gather mobs and Sunder, surf impact and then frighten...then roar if mobs are still alive and I need chi. In the meantime if I lose aggro I'll use Alpha Male.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2010
    I rarely use Roar. IMO it has too long of a cast...when I need aggro I need it NOW. In FF runs I will gather mobs and Sunder, surf impact and then frighten...then roar if mobs are still alive and I need chi. In the meantime if I lose aggro I'll use Alpha Male.

I've personally found that with level 10 alpha male, its not as strong/long of aggro as Roar 10 when I'm brambled. On one of my latest FC runs though, we were sans archer so I coordinated with the BM and did something to the effect of:

Pull mobs -> Invoke -> Bestial Rage -> Frighten -> Sunder -> BM used HF -> Armageddon (mines still only level 3 mind you) and wound up with a 48k critb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    To those asking "wtf Claw Barbs." most go for the aps.

Right now, this game is....4.0+ aps = $$$$$

As Rawrgh pointed out in another thread, Claw Barbs can make mega money from spamming Nirv, placing in top 5 in Nien/Tiger Events, CoA solo TTing and more.

However, you may ask, "Why they don't go BM?" well...that was fully their choice to do it on a Barb, its..."unique" in a sense. I have been seeing alot of barbs who are demon, going claw/fist and for the most part, alot of them have fail -int builds and fail HP-ness and for PVP, most drop from Wizzys in a shot.

As for the OP, I haven't done FF with another Barb, due to the fact I am a Barb, but I have heard stories of fail Barb moments. Surely most Barbs can pick up tanking easy. Honestly, I didn't learn to tank "properly" until lvl 70. rofl

Given that most people are rushing to 100 and not knowing their class....well that is average thing nowadays.

As for my FF runs, I run with friends only. I never run with a random squad. I remember those dreadful 2 hr long fail FF runs.....

....nty!

Perhaps we should have someone make a decent tanking guide and have it stickied here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Asmodiel - Heavens Tear
    Asmodiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,442 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    A tanking guide...hmm..:p

Level Flesh Ream, Roar, Sunder (not necessarily), Devour, True Form, A/H Mastery, Shapeshifting Intensity to MAX. (aka lvl 10 or 11 if possible)

Get some decent gear for your lvl range, like full TT80, TT80 gold or TT90/TT99.

In FF: True Form -> Run through mobs to gather them and get beaten up by 'em.

Invoke when HP gets too low, drag mobs to BB, use Roar Sunder Beastial Rage etc etc and let the BM go HF and wiz do his shiny magic trick.
    b:chuckle
    "One of the most important factors, not only in military matters but in life as a whole, is ... the ability to direct one's whole energies towards the fulfillment of a particular task." - Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Gather all the mobs and invoke, beastrial rage, roar then sunder lol. That should keep aggro.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    mm2000 wrote: »
    This is why they fail

I am only trusting my own friends and faction members that I know now, but I semi-quit because of work

Including you squishy 13k HP barb... including you. Do you know what flesh ream means scrub? And LOL @ barbs not can't use keep aggro as pure VIT. I think you don't know how to PVE or PVP, seriously scrub... do you realize flesh ream takes only 15 chi and 3 seconds cooldown? Fail.

You sound Fat.

RedMenace

\was doing FF when I had 11k in tiger form
    \\13k upright = 16k tiger
    \\\bring it on, wench
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    fcc is tankable by a 5k hp bm just get BP and HF+every following aoe becomes a full heal

only need roar on large/mag pulls

with 7.1k hp can do any pull in there includeing gate of life (needs some createive use of AD and ToP/TE for larger pulls)

long story short...barbs on sanc really are that teribad at the class get a pet sin and tank it on your bm
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver
    Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    There aren't many BMs that can pull without getting the cleric pummeled by mobs. If you say "they can use alpha male" then forget your plans of ToP or AD or anything like that.
    A barb can use Invoke>Roar>Sunder before reaching BB range and keep the party much safer, if a 5k hp BM tries to do anything but sprint past mobs spamming pots they will die. Parties with BM pullers means no barb buffs, so much easier deaths for cleric and arcane DDs. But since this thread was about barbs who fail to aggro anyway, I guess a BM can do that just as well as anyone.
    All the world's a game,
    And all the men and women merely gamers:
    They have their wipes and their rezzes;
    And one man in his time plays many alts.
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    There aren't many BMs that can pull without getting the cleric pummeled by mobs. If you say "they can use alpha male" then forget your plans of ToP or AD or anything like that.
    A barb can use Invoke>Roar>Sunder before reaching BB range and keep the party much safer, if a 5k hp BM tries to do anything but sprint past mobs spamming pots they will die. Parties with BM pullers means no barb buffs, so much easier deaths for cleric and arcane DDs. But since this thread was about barbs who fail to aggro anyway, I guess a BM can do that just as well as anyone.

Agreed, there aren't that many. But the ones that I run with on my archer do it and do it well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    mm2000 wrote: »
    This is why they fail

Ahahahahahahahahaha.... About time. b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle +1111111 b:victory Okay I'm done trolling.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    fcc is tankable by a 5k hp bm just get BP and HF+every following aoe becomes a full heal

with 7.1k hp can do any pull in there includeing gate of life (needs some createive use of AD and ToP/TE for larger pulls)

long story short...barbs on sanc really are that teribad at the class get a pet sin and tank it on your bm

FFS, no a fist BM with rubbish HP can not tank frost. -.- It's bad enough you're an arrogant moron, but what makes it far worse is that you don't even back up your logic with any form of common sense, you simply pretend your mediocre BM build is godly. Even with a sin and bp, you'd be stuck taking tiny little pulls, keeping the cleric stressed and the squad without barb buffs.

In any ideal situation, you take a skilled barb to tank. Full range of agro skills, along with invoke and a massive HP pool means the job gets done far more safely and effectively.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited September 2010

You're not a Barb, Son.

Get over it.

RedMenace

\If you want to be a barb, then roll a barb
    \\this obsession of yours is getting out of hand
    \\\go back to yer Pokemons
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    FFS, no a fist BM with rubbish HP can not tank frost. -.- It's bad enough you're an arrogant moron, but what makes it far worse is that you don't even back up your logic with any form of common sense, you simply pretend your mediocre BM build is godly. Even with a sin and bp, you'd be stuck taking tiny little pulls, keeping the cleric stressed and the squad without barb buffs.

In any ideal situation, you take a skilled barb to tank. Full range of agro skills, along with invoke and a massive HP pool means the job gets done far more safely and effectively.

pm me in game sometime and i'll run frost with ya (will show you a bm tanked 2-3 with a solo cleric as well if you like) you dont need godly gears to pull these things off just a bit of effort. for referance my bm started tanking on a regular basis at 85 with 5.4k hp (5.7 in calams) -.15 int (1.86-2 aps) +5 fcc gold fists and +5 calams...with the exeption of the fists (sub in tt 80 or fcc green at a decent refine) all of the above gear is easy enough to get by 90 if you actually grind and run tt a bit

or try it yourself... heres my method this is assumeing an 90+ squad with +3-+5 gear and reasonable skill

needed gear/items/stats: decent fists and axes at least -.1 int(the more int the better), 5k+ hp(6k+ prefered and 6.5k minnimum for gate of life),Tree of protection (ToP), Absolute domain (AD), True emptyness (TE), about 10-20 hp food per run depending on level and gear(its 50 for 9 tokens so cheapish),MAXED Heavens flame axe and fist mastery + decent lvls on your aoes , and spark pots/CE or geni debuffs (mire and EP) are always nice,the +15 def level anni bless or +8 def level attendance bless are a godsend when pulling

squad should have veno,sin,cleric,bm and 2 random DD's (bm's sins and psys prefered)

1st hall...this is one of the 2 places a bm cant pull as well as a barb but with a bit of trickyness it works out

barb run= sin kills gate mobs barb pulls both halls and both rooms to shade by boss
    bm run= sin kills gate mobs while squad kills halls
    bm run is faster but you lose about .1% exp off the mobs

1st boss run up 3 spark dont even bother moveing from the circles if there is less than 2 cleric only needs to heal if you misstime a spark resist on said circles so they can pay more attention to staying alive and full squad canDD

2nd hall...from here onwards it takes less time to just pull kill the room than to have the sin solo shades and pull all

a:phys pull weak mobs no need ot HF and roar is resisted just run to shade and AOE swap to fists to finish shade
    b:mixed room mag marrow and sprint pull phys mobs>mag 1 shade (will slow) and mag 2 hit ToP when hp goes to 1/2 HF>aoe all mobs should be in a nice little ball
    c:have veno pass you a spark (cleric will not have needed BB till now) mag marrow sprint down gathering the 4 hall groups hit HP food after the 2nd set slows>bolshi>run past shade to the closed door hitting hp food as needed ToP>TE>HF shade and mobs (should be nice and balled up)

2nd boss can do all 5 circles with extra DD though i have yet to notice a differance in 4 and 5 hp wise on the boss cleric dosent need to heal you just 3 spark away and they cn focus on keeping squad alive and awake

3rd hall...bishops just tiger leap to em roar and kill bolshi is a wase of sparks

3rd boss no differance here

4th hall

a: 1 easy shade use it to make chi on
    b:phys marrow pull mobs to boss room (all of them) roar and AOE spam depending on your HP BB may be needed

4th boss no differance here just goes a bit faster

5th hall

a: bishops by shade just pull mobs and leap>roar>HF
    b:get a spark off the veno phys marrow and start pulling w/o sprint...hp food as needed til you reach end of hall>sprint+bolshi to boss room>AD>roar>aoe away(BB is nice here)

5th boss same as always i like to try n work with the squad to try drop em before he can talk :3 no need for heals so everyone just 3 sparks>full debuffs>HF with a spark pot and go to town

6th hall

a: 1 small pull and shade

6th boss: same as always time sparks for sleep

exp room

small pull at 1st just roar and HF you'll get the chi back on harpies

big pull: start w/o sprint and spaming phys marrowpull till you need to use HP food>bolshi (you'll get the chi back from marrow spam)>sprint once you need to pot again>run into squad (they should be tightly packed so you can AD them all)AD>roar>HF mobs are dead in seconds

7th boss: no need for heals everyone DD's cleric AOE heals as needed and gets hands

8th boss: time sparks for the stun and let the cleric purify boss does not hit terribly hard even with debuff cycle is debufff>debuff>stun so you should have time sor an extra 3 spark every 3rd cycle

9th boss: time sparks 5 seconds after it talks to avoid the seal or you will lose a ton of chi to the debuff

gate of life pull: the other pull a barb is honestly better on but again we can be tricky :3

barb: pull all>invoke combo cleic pops a vac and BB
    bm: if you have less than 6.5k hp dont even bother this pull will kill you, if you have more here's how it goes...pull to 2nd room>sprint>pull to cleric who pops a vac and BB right before you get there>AD>HF>roar(to keep the bladewomen from amping you)>(bolt if you have it)>aoe to death spaming demon bell if you have it and phys marrow if you have it

10th boss: pull the big one and have everyone stand at mele range so he cant run out of spark no need for heals but cleric should purify the stun+weaken debuff

final boss: clericBB's 3 spark to purify his debuffs

bm run will actually be slightly faster with the extra DD on bosses (unless the barb is packing int and fists).
    cleric needs to BB 4 times in the run with bm or barb so thats nonfactor but the fact that the featherbutt does not need to heal on most bosses lets them AND the veno DD+ herc cna have bash on (most barbs i know love to make hercs tank).
    with a charm the bm could make both of the barb pulls (because somone is going to bring that up)

so no BM's =/= barbs but FCC is the easiest 80+ instance in game

@ red barbs are boreing its much more fun to figure out how to do these things on this crappy average gear non permaspark bm ^.^ (my heart will always belong to the blue version T.T sexy turtle was sexy)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Well all i Know is I, am not a fail barb I have had 100s run with me shocked at how good i hold agro from them. The only real time they pull agro is from the dragons because i just can't hit aoe that fast....i am still working up a strategy for that but practice makes perfect however. And as far as Venos are concern'd , I dont trust hercs to keep agro from those bms and archers who just bring the pain so i tank no matter what all those who run with me are never pi.ssed off at the barb. And the maker of this thread can tell you i am damn good at my job. Coupled with my wife demon cleric a run can last anywhere from 45-1 hr depending on the squad. However, I love running with a bm...more bms i have the better off i am because my skills(i am demon mind you) can hit anywhere from 25k-55k and thats no bull normal attacks go from 10k-20k. So i love HF when its done right. As far as Bms pullin and tanking Fcc....Its possible and IF Joshcja CAN do it...then all the more power to you guys i have no trouble letting you guys go....However if theres a 90+ Psy or wizzy who has great gear and knows what they are doing....then i have cause for worry because bms just DON"T have the agro skills to hold off. Because i have seen 90+ wizzys hit for 120k or better and i still manage to keep agro off them. So while you Bms may be able to do it, a barb is always the better puller/tanker just facts sorry.b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    However if theres a 90+ Psy or wizzy who has great gear and knows what they are doing....then i have cause for worry because bms just DON"T have the agro skills to hold off. Because i have seen 90+ wizzys hit for 120k or better and i still manage to keep agro off them. So while you Bms may be able to do it, a barb is always the better puller/tanker just facts sorry.b:shutup

120k hits from wiz would be great... oneshotted mobs ftw. b:chuckle

Also, my runs are always 2.5hr+, usually well over 3hrs. My shortest one was with 91-93 squad with one being 88 and me 82. I tanked the bosses... And on bosses it doesn't matter so much what DDs hit. I tanked Holeen at 82 with Buddha's +3, no int and hold aggro over a sin with -0.05 int and sage sparking archer. Both of them had to hold back a lot of course but there's no way we would have gotten a barb to help us at the last boss.

The funniest FCC so far with a 86 barb with FCC gold fists +7. He had plenty of HP and didn't die once there. Bosses dropped fast enough :P
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.