Any combos?

Options
rulas
rulas Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Barbarian
I mean during parties (since ive been in parties that shout dont flesh realm or blood bath something like that to the tank dont know why)

since I can manage to see what skills to use soloing
Post edited by rulas on

Comments

• Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Bloodbath- useless for tanking, 10% of hp is a huge hit to a tank, your number 1 skill used in tanking flesh ream is 100% accuracy. That means you just buff a buff that you will never use for the duration of tanking.

and if someone tell a barb not to use flesh ream when tanking, then chances are they are the ones tanking or they need to do a barrel roll..b:laughb:laugh
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    ^I bloodbathed wurlord tonight. I also didnt ream much on him either, and held aggro against 2 fist BM's. Of course I'm demon with demon true form so I'm hitting harder than my sage and not-yet-89 barb counterparts. I just alacrity -> ream -> surf -> normals -> repeat till demon spark -> devour -> tm with those guys now, and aggro's a non issue. of course, they weren't going all out, in which case id be reaming more and sparking less/not at all.

from what ive read in the past, ream didn't use to be 100% accurate so barbs would need to blood bath against bosses to have best chance for ream to hit. of course, its my experience that all bosses tend to have pretty low evasion rate already so missing is not much an issue to begin with. However, I wear 2x misty forest rings and shard my weapons with amber shards. When I blood bath on top of that my accuracy goes to over 2k b:dirty

Now something to be said here about blood bath not being used for the duration of tanking... certainly our aggro skill is 100% accurate, but alacrity of the beast is not. Theres some bosses out there you just dont want to have the displeasure of missing alacrity on (drummer in TT 1-x for instance will kill a barb quick if he doesn't cancel and has too low magic defenses and hp) for cases like this, I can see a strong argument for using blood bath on a boss. Also to point out.. if a BM of same level can tank a boss with damage based aggro and not die, a barb can tank that same boss in tiger form with blood bath maxed for level much better given he will have more HP and Pdef and the ability to cancel boss channeling. call me crazy, but I've even blood bathed frost pulls.

if you like blood bath and the additional accuracy it gives - use it. youll end up hitting more thus doing more damage. if youre tanking, FFS use flesh ream. If not tanking, certainly use blood bath so youll hit more, but definitely do not ream - let the tank keep aggro so the clerics don't get a heart attack.

edit: sidenote to Blood_Panda's siggy.. I tanked my fb69/70 at 69 and 70 respectively ;). Nice HP for your level though, higher than i was back then. IIRC i just broke 10k at around 80ish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    b:laugh

going to hit 11k already after switching a gear :p

its all the bloodbath arguement that actually lead to new barbs being confuse. b:chuckle
    Standing up and tiger form i dont really use bloodbath. Apparently my attack nv missed a boss. No misty rings too ... and in cases of a miss where the boss do crazy magic hit.. i just absorbed the damage head on.

apparently a barb with high hp gets away with a lot of stuff that normal str/dex barb will face.

one thing to note.. not all barb are cash shop/mass TT and grinding
    as such the hp they have sometimes is amazing. I heard about a level 60 barb with only 4k HP. buff with bloodbath 15% hp reduction thats 3400. Going to tank zimo might almost be sucidal if zimo crits :x

and another thing to consider is the build the barb is playing. 15% of 11k hp is a lot to me too :p thats almost 1.7k shave off me.. rather not b:chuckleb:chuckle

but bloodbath is awesome in pvp. where miss is very often against high dex char.
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • Korsov - Heavens Tear
    Korsov - Heavens Tear Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I only ever bloodbath when I'm fighting a sin or archer in pvp. If you're tanking (or DD'ing) a boss, land Penetrate Armor or Devour. If either of those attacks lands (meaning you didnt miss on the skill), all the rest of your attacks on that boss (or mob) are 100% accurate. It's a glitch, but a sweet one. I've tested this myself many, many times and I've never missed an attack after landing either of those skills (I have level 10 of both, but I doubt the level affects the glitch.)