Murphy's Law Pwi Style

LOKl_ - Harshlands
LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
For those that do not know murphy's law simply states that if anything can go wrong it will... And gives no nonsense hints on how to avoid those situations... After the team I was in earlier I decided to revise them.

Original law.... Never draw fire it irritates everyone around you

PWI law... Never draw aggro it irritates everyone around you

Original law...
Post edited by LOKl_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    you could put this in off topic as a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Oh that sucked... the entire post dissapeared... I will try to rewrite it lol... If you have any ones you can think of pls add

original law You are not Superman; Marines and fighter pilots take note.

PWI LAW You are not superman. Sins especially take note

original law If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid

PWI law If its stupid but it works... IT ISN'T STUPID

Original law Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

PWI LAW Teamwork is essential; it gives the mobs other people to hit... Like the Barb with 2-3 times your hp

Original law Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you

PWI LAW NEVER DRAW AGGRO; it irritates everyone around you

Original law Incoming fire has the right of way.

PWI law Incoming walkers have the right away in fb's and bh's when most of your team is not there turning in quests

Original law If the enemy is within range, so are you

PWI LAW if You can hit Chi'in he can hit you

Original law Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing

PWI LAW If you keep dueling while people are waiting on you inside an fb you will never lvl up and you dmg your own gear...

Original law Professional soldiers are predictable; the world is full of dangerous amateurs.

PWI LAW Pro gamers are predictable... The perfect world is filled with dangerous amateurs

Original law Napalm is an area support weapon

PWI LAW Heavens flame, tempest, armageddon and any other aoe is an area support weapon use them when outnumbered

Random ones

If your a sin and you aggro a dozen mobs without a cleric and die... your just stupid... If you want to play like a tank reroll as one

Barbs have multiple skills to pull aggro on them. Use it... If you do not then your cleric will die, your damage dealers will die and then you will die.... and you just look stupid

Clerics max ironheart first... Its stackable... Worry about the other heals afterward.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Bump
    This made my nightb:pleased
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • ShootJooh - Harshlands
    ShootJooh - Harshlands Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Love it.b:victory
  • LifeHunting - Lost City
    LifeHunting - Lost City Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Oh that sucked... the entire post dissapeared... I will try to rewrite it lol... If you have any ones you can think of pls add

Random ones

Barbs have multiple skills to pull aggro on them. Use it... If you do not then your cleric will die, your damage dealers will die and then you will die.... and you just look stupid

Clerics max ironheart first... Its stackable... Worry about the other heals afterward.

I deleted all but the two I found most important ^.^
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    When in doubt, empty your chi bar.

lolspark.jpg
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Barbs who tank in human form are fail. ALWAYS TANK IN BEAST FORM More hp faster hp regeneration and aggro pulling skills are available
  • AshCat - Lost City
    AshCat - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2010

lolspark.jpg

Win. *hand claps*
    "I'm a tank. Chicks dig tanks." - Ah-Dol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Barbs who tank in human form are fail. ALWAYS TANK IN BEAST FORM More hp faster hp regeneration and aggro pulling skills are available

-int barbs with fists are ok...
  • Shin_Akuma_ - Sanctuary
    Shin_Akuma_ - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2010

lolspark.jpg

I Lawl'd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some of us arent looking for anything logical, like money.

We cannot be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with.

We just want to see the world burn...
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited September 2010

lolspark.jpg

Original law When in doubt, empty your magazine

PWI LAW When in doubt empty your chi bar

LOL thats a good one and I skipped right over it thnxb:victory
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited September 2010

original law If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid

PWI law If its stupid but it works... It's pure win

fixed for you ;D

though thats a general rule for all the internetz
  • Starflair - Dreamweaver
    Starflair - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If the shoe fits, wear it.

PWI Law - If you think you can tank, tank. ;)
  • Kaneharo - Dreamweaver
    Kaneharo - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    When in doubt, Pull it out.
    (Wizards: When in doubt about the cleric's tank heals, start sutra healing to help.
    Tanks: When in doubt about aggro, use aggro skills.
    DDs in general: When in doubt about aggro, pull your attack blessing out of your equipped items and stop attacking for a few. )
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞
    ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Pew Pew Pew!
    Quotes of Awesomeness:
    "that word, "solo". i don't think it means what you think it means." - LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    After today's experience..

PWI LAW A Venomancer in the team means a safer squad for pulling mobs one at a time.

(note if you are any class and violate this law with a leeroy moment you will die... and no the cleric will not heal you and the rest of squad will not help you... Everyone will just sit and watch you die)
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    After today's experience..

PWI LAW A Venomancer in the team means a safer squad for pulling mobs one at a time.

(note if you are any class and violate this law with a leeroy moment you will die... and no the cleric will not heal you and the rest of squad will not help you... Everyone will just sit and watch you die)

Sadly a lot of clerics feel this urge to run in and slap up BB while the tank leeroys right in after them.

I usually run the other way, out of BB range, and wait for things to stop, clear the mobs from their dead bodies (if I'm feeling generous) and then (if I'm feeling even more generous) wait for the cleric to rez the squad and then help them to continue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    Sadly a lot of clerics feel this urge to run in and slap up BB while the tank leeroys right in after them.

I usually run the other way, out of BB range, and wait for things to stop, clear the mobs from their dead bodies (if I'm feeling generous) and then (if I'm feeling even more generous) wait for the cleric to rez the squad and then help them to continue.

You know thats a good point....

PWI LAW Cleric shall not heal village idiotsb:laugh

Ok ok I need to work on that one. I will come back later after I revise it
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    i got one too ^^

Original: When the tree doesn't break with pure muscle power, get your chainsaw.

PWI: When the Boss doesn't die with - int fist barb, get your *insert BM or Sin*
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited September 2010

I've screwed up a genie lure on occasion. Most of the times i try to run away from the squad while typing "Dont save me!"...

Unfortunately trying to manage running & typing quickly often fails as clerics instincts kick in quickly and it has caused nasty results on occasion.

In general if i'm not saved, i expected not to be saved & dont even want to be saved. Better that the party survive to rez me after, than to cause the whole squad to wipe.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If the shoe fits, wear it.

PWI Law - If the shoe fits, the veno wearing it is still a dude in real life. ;)

Another fix
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited September 2010
    I've screwed up a genie lure on occasion. Most of the times i try to run away from the squad while typing "Dont save me!"...

Unfortunately trying to manage running & typing quickly often fails as clerics instincts kick in quickly and it has caused nasty results on occasion.

In general if i'm not saved, i expected not to be saved & dont even want to be saved. Better that the party survive to rez me after, than to cause the whole squad to wipe.

**** up a lure is ok in these situations.... But when someone sees the boss gets that anxious feeling and runs right into him and all the mobs around him.... Well he never intended to lure... let him die.

As for the team trying to help. I usually tell them (in advance) to stand far enough back. If I pull the wrong one or all of them let me try and fight a few off first before coming into range. If not oh well Guardian Scrolls FTW!!!!

Because I play like this a few people seem to think I am pro (I don't think so) and I get alot of team invites to fail squads. Who NEVER say anything beyond hi or... NEED QUIANJI!!!!

Remember Teamwork is essential and part of teamwork is good communication skills
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    I have a few more to add

PWI LAW Barbs use flesh ream nonstop keep all aggro on you and do not listen to others telling you to stop pulling aggro

PWI Clerics Spam the holy hell out of Iron Heart on the barb (just the barb). It may not be your strongest heal but it is stackable over a period of 15 seconds and it all adds up.

Sins... Put down the bow and run up and hit it... If you have a barb using the flesh ream like he is supposed to you will not pull aggro... And if you want to play as an archer reroll as one.

Blademasters... Pick a weapon and stick with it...If you try and do every weapon and every skill.... Most of the lvls you will be underpowered and you will never have enough or be as strong as a pure axe, sword, fist, or pole blade master.
    (This last one is in regards to the guy I ran intonot to long ago who just hit 70 and is buying all tt 70 weapons because he can use them all. He has a lil of everything but a bm at that lvl should do alot more dmg to me)
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Sins... Put down the bow and run up and hit it... If you have a barb using the flesh ream like he is supposed to you will not pull aggro... And if you want to play as an archer reroll as one.
    You have never played a Sin have you?

Blademasters... Pick a weapon and stick with it...If you try and do every weapon and every skill.... Most of the lvls you will be underpowered and you will never have enough or be as strong as a pure axe, sword, fist, or pole blade master.
    (This last one is in regards to the guy I ran intonot to long ago who just hit 70 and is buying all tt 70 weapons because he can use them all. He has a lil of everything but a bm at that lvl should do alot more dmg to me)

There's nothing wrong with multi weapon from the start if you know what you are doing and have the coins to back it up. My BM destroyed other "pure" weapon BM in public quest by massive aoe-ing mobs at the start with axes then DPS on the elite mobs with claws.

This thread is about "Murphy's Laws" but I still felt the need to point our your flawed concept of some classes.
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    You have never played a Sin have you?

There's nothing wrong with multi weapon from the start if you know what you are doing and have the coins to back it up. My BM destroyed other "pure" weapon BM in public quest by massive aoe-ing mobs at the start with axes then DPS on the elite mobs with claws.

This thread is about "Murphy's Laws" but I still felt the need to point our your flawed concept of some classes.

Yes I have played a sin I do more damage with my daggers than the bow. However if I want to hide in the back and deal massive damage I just play on my archer.

I agree some can do it... I am just now starting to branch out into the other weapons myself since all my axe skills are maxed and I should have a back up of spirit to spend. Money has never been an issue with me in this game but spirit has been. Get spirit by killing things doing quests blah blah blah we all know that part. But there have been points where I did not have enough for my lvl (I carry guardians so I never lose exp if and when I die which is very rarely unless pked) and I went pure axe vit build. There is no way I could have maxed axes and another weapon by this lvl let alone all of them. So my logic still fits... Let me put it this way A lvl 10 axe, sword, fist, or pole dmg increase by 74 (increase weapon dmg by 60%) or a lvl 5 and 5 sword, axe, fist, and or pole by the same lvl (I think it was increase weapon dmg by 36%)? I nurf myself by using multiple weapons as I lvl up. (now I know that math is not exact and by endgame it won't matter but for the 40's-60's range it will matter a great deal.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Yes I have played a sin I do more damage with my daggers than the bow. However if I want to hide in the back and deal massive damage I just play on my archer.

Of course you'll do more damage with daggers than bow, and my point is a Barb won't be able to hold aggro even spamming FR. FR also takes chi so Barbs usually run out of chi pretty fast by spamming it.
    I agree some can do it... I am just now starting to branch out into the other weapons myself since all my axe skills are maxed and I should have a back up of spirit to spend. Money has never been an issue with me in this game but spirit has been. Get spirit by killing things doing quests blah blah blah we all know that part. But there have been points where I did not have enough for my lvl (I carry guardians so I never lose exp if and when I die which is very rarely unless pked) and I went pure axe vit build. There is no way I could have maxed axes and another weapon by this lvl let alone all of them. So my logic still fits... Let me put it this way A lvl 10 axe, sword, fist, or pole dmg increase by 74 (increase weapon dmg by 60%) or a lvl 5 and 5 sword, axe, fist, and or pole by the same lvl (I think it was increase weapon dmg by 36%)? I nurf myself by using multiple weapons as I lvl up. (now I know that math is not exact and by endgame it won't matter but for the 40's-60's range it will matter a great deal.

Fists + axes is easily do-able since all you need for fists is the mastery and that's just one extra skill to learn. You might have to put off level skills like Sutra or Roar, but those can be put off til 8X if you are not doing much PvP at early level.

As for the mastery part, this is where you don't understand the game mechanics. Your mastery does not directly boost your final damage by the % it states, i.e. you won't hit 60% harder than a person with no mastery if you max yours. Your base damage, or the damage it shows in your character sheet is

base damage= attack multiplier * weapon attack.

Assuming both players have the same weapon, the mastery will affect the attack multiplier, but not directly by the % stated in the mastery's skill description.

Attack multiplier = 1 + STR/150 + weapon mastery + physical attack buffs

If 2 players at lvl 74 both have 227 STR and no other buffs, then the player without mastery will have a multiplier of 1+1.51, or 2.51 while the player with lvl 10 mastery will have a multiplier of 1+1.51+0.6= 3.11. There's a 24% difference in having maxed mastery vs 0 mastery. So having a few mastery levels behind won't be as big of a difference as you think.
  • Manakel - Lost City
    Manakel - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Money can't buy happiness

Money can't buy skill.
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    edited October 2010
    Of course you'll do more damage with daggers than bow, and my point is a Barb won't be able to hold aggro even spamming FR. FR also takes chi so Barbs usually run out of chi pretty fast by spamming it.

Fists + axes is easily do-able since all you need for fists is the mastery and that's just one extra skill to learn. You might have to put off level skills like Sutra or Roar, but those can be put off til 8X if you are not doing much PvP at early level.

As for the mastery part, this is where you don't understand the game mechanics. Your mastery does not directly boost your final damage by the % it states, i.e. you won't hit 60% harder than a person with no mastery if you max yours. Your base damage, or the damage it shows in your character sheet is

base damage= attack multiplier * weapon attack.

Assuming both players have the same weapon, the mastery will affect the attack multiplier, but not directly by the % stated in the mastery's skill description.

Attack multiplier = 1 + STR/150 + weapon mastery + physical attack buffs

If 2 players at lvl 74 both have 227 STR and no other buffs, then the player without mastery will have a multiplier of 1+1.51, or 2.51 while the player with lvl 10 mastery will have a multiplier of 1+1.51+0.6= 3.11. There's a 24% difference in having maxed mastery vs 0 mastery. So having a few mastery levels behind won't be as big of a difference as you think.

Thnx for all that... I suck at math but I get it... Been looking for the formula for awhile.

As I said I am going with sword as my next set of weapons... I figure 2 more lvls and all my axe skills will be maxed until demon/sage desicion(except heavens flame). And as I said there have been times with taking a pure path that I did not have enough to be as high as I would like with many of those skills. I can foresee that by the time I am your lvl I should have all skills taken care of and I will need to test both in pve and pvp to see what each one does benefits and negatives.

As for pvp... I get into a lot of fights.... The day I hit 30 (on my main) I was pked about a dozen times at least (I stopped keeping track after that) And every single day up until about 50 I was getting pked alot. And even now I go after people pking in the 30's areas and sometimes I pick the wrong target and attack 90's+ rednames (those don't end well)

But it has taught me a few things....

Fist bm's and sins can hit and kill me before my charm ticks (stunlock sucks when your on the recieving end).
    Wizzies, clerics, and psys can one shot me.
    Nix veno's suck.
    Don't chase kiting archers (had to learn that one the hard way).
    Most barbs suck but beware of a charmed one with armageddon (Jlung who did not suck but he hurt.... alot).
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Money can't buy happiness

Money can't buy skill.

thats a lie!
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thnx for all that... I suck at math but I get it... Been looking for the formula for awhile.

As I said I am going with sword as my next set of weapons... I figure 2 more lvls and all my axe skills will be maxed until demon/sage desicion(except heavens flame). And as I said there have been times with taking a pure path that I did not have enough to be as high as I would like with many of those skills. I can foresee that by the time I am your lvl I should have all skills taken care of and I will need to test both in pve and pvp to see what each one does benefits and negatives.

As for pvp... I get into a lot of fights.... The day I hit 30 (on my main) I was pked about a dozen times at least (I stopped keeping track after that) And every single day up until about 50 I was getting pked alot. And even now I go after people pking in the 30's areas and sometimes I pick the wrong target and attack 90's+ rednames (those don't end well)

But it has taught me a few things....

Fist bm's and sins can hit and kill me before my charm ticks (stunlock sucks when your on the recieving end). have you ever fought a fist bm before?
    Wizzies, clerics, and psys can one shot me. did you level magic marrow?
    Nix veno's suck. lol
    Don't chase kiting archers (had to learn that one the hard way). .........
    Most barbs suck but beware of a charmed one with armageddon (Jlung who did not suck but he hurt.... alot.no most barbs dont suck
    [/COLOR]

sorry for double post but ya read it. you remind me of demon_ea and yulk.
  • Zahlee - Lost City
    Zahlee - Lost City Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Murphy's Law: A falling object will always land where it can do the most damage.
    PWI law : You, as a falling object, will always land where mobs, or a world boss can do the most damage to YOU

Murphy's law : No matter how long or how hard you shop for an item, after you've bought it, it will be on sale somewhere cheaper.
    PWI law : When you buy something from the boutique after you have finally given up hope waiting for it to come on sale, It will be on sale the very next day.

*EDIT: I have more*

Murphy's Law : Anything dropped in the bathroom will fall in the toilet.
    PWI law : Clerics afk without notice for the bathroom, will make everything go down the toilet

Murphy's Law : The complexity and frustration factor is inversely proportional to how much time you have left to finish, and how important it is.
    PWI law : The duration, complexity and frustration factor of a fb is inversely proportional to how much time you have before you have to log off.

Murphy's Law : If at first you don't succeed destroy all evidence that you ever tried
    PWI law : If at first you don't succeed.... Pk everyone in sight who saw it go down

Murphy's Law : When you really need something, its either not available, or can't be found. When you don't need it, its either available, or lays around in plain sight.
    PWI Law : When you need a cleric for a rez, they are never around or they are all unavailable. Otherwise they are always available or in plain sight.

Murphy's Law: Common Sense Is Not So Common
    PWI law : .....Doesn't need to be changed

Murphy's Law : Radios will fail as soon as you need fire support.
    PWI law : Squad chat will always be filled with red spam as soon someone types something essential to keeping the squad alive

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.